ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension - Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fuzion61975
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Extension - Questions

Post by fuzion61975 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:17 am

Hi, We will be starting the Spouse Visa Extension application soon for my wife. I have few questions to clear and make sure please if that's ok to ask? Thank you for your help in advance.

• 1. The BRP card is valid till the end of Nov 2022, so I can apply anytime within the 28 days of the BRP validity, right?

• 2. I started my new job in Dec 2021, so my latest P60 with the new employment is from Dec 2021 till April 2022. The 'Total for year' on the P60 is of around £8000 (Dec 2021 - April 2022). Would that be still be fine to submit? My salary meets the Financial Requirement of £18,600 and I will be submitting my 6 months and payslips with the 6 months of bank statements. My only concern was the P60 showing £8,000 from new job started in the Dec 2021 till April 2022.

• 3. Do I need to submit the P40 of my previous employer? Or should I need to request my previous employer to me the P60? Or P40 or P60 is not required to submit as I have been with the new employment for over 10 months? The reason why I am asking is because on the latest P60, the 'Total for year' amount is showing £8,000 from Dec 2021 - April 2022.
  • 4. Do I need to include the 'SU07 Form' in with this Spouse Visa Extension application please?

• 5. Do I need to include the 'Appendix 2 (VAF 4A Financial Requirement Form)' form with Spouse Visa Extension application please?

• 6. Do we need to include calls and chats records? As we live together now so we spend a lot of time together rather calls / chats unless at work or when required etc..

• 7. All the consent Letters i.e. Applicant Consent Letter, Sponsor Consent Letter, Parents Consent Letter and Landlord Consent Letter, should I include these in the 'Proof of Application' category or on the 'Other Documents' category when uploading and submitting the documents online?

• 8. Applicant's Passport, Sponsor's Passport, Applicant's Parents Passports and Sponsor's Parents Passports, should I include these under the 'Proof of Identity' category or on the 'Other Documents' category when uploading and submitting the documents online please?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension - Questions

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:27 am

1. You can apply within 28 days before reaching 30 months from he date she entered the UK on a spouse visa. The latest you can apply is the date her visa expires.

2. P60s are NOT required. You simply the most recent need 6 months payslips and bank statements and an employer letter.

3. No. I sure why you want to submit documents that are not required

4. No.

5. No. The FLR M form contains all the questions needed.

6. No. You need to provide 2 years evidence of cohabitation in both your names.

7. Other.

8. Why are you submitting parents passports?? Proof of identity is for the applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fuzion61975
Newly Registered

Post by fuzion61975 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:02 am

Hi CR001, Thank you very much for your help in clearing my questions above.

1 more question please I forgot to ask:
  • 9. Should I need to include the 'Marriage Certificate' in the 'Proof of Application' category or should I add it in the 'Life Events' category when uploading and submitting the documents online please?
Thank you for your time and for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:06 am

Life events.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fuzion61975
Newly Registered

Post by fuzion61975 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:15 am

Thank you again CR001 for your incredible and swift help :)
Have a nice day :)

fuzion61975
Newly Registered

Post by fuzion61975 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:16 am

CR001, I have created a Checklist based on the online documents submission categories. I need it to be confirmed please so, should I add the Checklist here or do I need to create a new post please? Thank you :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:22 am

indefinite-leave-to-remain/uploading-yo ... 96002.html

It doesn't matter where everything is uploaded other than proof of identity documents.

You are overthinking the process a bit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fuzion61975
Newly Registered

Post by fuzion61975 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:22 am
indefinite-leave-to-remain/uploading-yo ... 96002.html

It doesn't matter where everything is uploaded other than proof of identity documents.

You are overthinking the process a bit.
Yeah that's right, and I even I think that I am thinking bit too much.

This is amazing, and thank you for pointing me to the right direction.
Many thanks again, and have a nice day CR001 :)

fuzion61975
Newly Registered

Post by fuzion61975 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:05 am

Hi CR001, I would really appricate if you could please see my Checklist below that I have created and compared with the Checklist you had provided.

If you think any of the documents are not in the right Category, If I am missing any documents or need to remove anything please? I really appreciate your time and help.

My Checklist for the Spouse Visa Extension, bold with the catergories:
  • Proof of Application
    Application Cover Page
    Online Application Form
    All Payment Confirmations
    All Declarations
  • Proof of Identity / Travel History
    Applicant’s BRP Card
    Applicant’s Passport
    Applicant’s Proof of Addresses
    Sponsor’s Passport
    Sponsor’s Proof of Addresses
    UK Travel - Entered
    Applicant’s Travel
    Sponsor’s Travel
  • Other Documents
    Checklist
    Applicant’s Consent Letter
    Sponsor’s Consent Letter
    Consent Letter Sponsor’s Parents
    Applicant’s Employment Contract
  • Residence in the UK
    Tenancy Holder Consent
    Landlord Consent Letter
    Tenancy Agreement
    Accommodation Certificate
    Tenancy Holder Passport
    Proof of Tenancy Holder Address
  • Finances
    Six Months Payslips
    Six Months Lloyds Bank Statements
  • Life Events
    Marriage Certificate
    Relationship Photographs
  • Sponsors / Employment
    Sponsor’s Employment Letter from Employer
    Sponsor’s Employment Contract
  • Educational
    English A2 Certificate
    Degree Certificates (Additional)
Thank you very much in advance for your time and incredible support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:33 am

Hi CR001, I would really appricate if you could please see my Checklist below that I have created and compared with the Checklist you had provided.
Not sure why you are creating your own checklist??
If you think any of the documents are not in the right Category, If I am missing any documents or need to remove anything please? I really appreciate your time and help.
It does NOT matter what category you put documents into.
  • Proof of Application
    Application Cover Page
    Online Application Form - You do NOT have to upload the online form!
    All Payment Confirmations You do NOT have to upload the this either!
    All Declarations
    Applicant’s BRP Card
    Applicant’s Passport
    Applicant’s Proof of Addresses This is for proof of residence in the UK to prove subsisting relationship!!
    Sponsor’s Passport
    Sponsor’s Proof of Addresses This is for proof of residence in the UK to prove subsisting relationship!!
    UK Travel - Entered This is NOT required!
    Applicant’s Travel This is NOT required!
    Sponsor’s Travel
This is NOT required! Why would this even be relevant??
  • Other Documents
    Checklist
    Applicant’s Consent Letter What is this exactly as opposed to the declarations you have already stated above??
    Sponsor’s Consent Letter What is this exactly as opposed to the declarations you have already stated above??
    Consent Letter Sponsor’s Parents This is NOT required!
    Applicant’s Employment Contract This is NOT required!
  • Residence in the UK
    Tenancy Holder Consent What is this for exactly and why are you submitting it?
    Landlord Consent Letter
    Tenancy Agreement
    Accommodation Certificate What is this exactly?
    Tenancy Holder Passport What is this for exactly and why are you submitting it?
    Proof of Tenancy Holder Address What is this for exactly and why are you submitting it?
  • Finances
    Six Months Payslips
    Six Months Lloyds Bank Statements
  • Life Events
    Marriage Certificate
    Relationship Photographs This is NOT required for an extension!!
  • Sponsors / Employment
    Sponsor’s Employment Letter from Employer
    Sponsor’s Employment Contract NOT Required
  • Educational Why are you submitting both?? Only ONE is required.
    English A2 Certificate
    Degree Certificates (Additional)
Thank you very much in advance for your time and incredible support.
[/quote]
Unsure why you are submitting so many unnecessary documents.

You simply need :

Passports
BRP
English A2 minimum requirement (if you submit a foreign degree, UKVI will expect to see ECCTIS as well)
6 months payslips
6 months corresponding bank statements
Employer letter confirming terms etc of your employment
2 Years evidence of cohabitation in both your names, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months from 3 to 6 different sources
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fuzion61975
Newly Registered

Post by fuzion61975 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:05 pm

Hi CR001, thank you for taking your time to answer and checking the checklist.

I created the Checklist for me to make sure that, I don't forget and to help me to make sure all documents are in it's place and keep them organised in folders in their categories that will help me to upload them when submitting the documents online. Also, to upload it on to the 'Other Documents' as well so the Officer will know where to look for when they need to find any particular document.
  • Proof of Application
    Application Cover Page
    Online Application Form - You do NOT have to upload the online form!
    All Payment Confirmations You do NOT have to upload the this either!
    All Declarations
I was thinking to include the PDF file of the online submitted Application. It seems like it is not necessary now as you have cleared it so thank you CR001.
    Applicant’s BRP Card
    Applicant’s Passport
    Applicant’s Proof of Addresses This is for proof of residence in the UK to prove subsisting relationship!!
    Sponsor’s Passport
    Sponsor’s Proof of Addresses This is for proof of residence in the UK to prove subsisting relationship!!
    UK Travel - Entered This is NOT required!
    Applicant’s Travel This is NOT required!
    Sponsor’s Travel
This is NOT required! Why would this even be relevant??
Thank you, I have moved the 'Applicant and Sponsor Proof of Addresses Sections' on to the 'Residence in the UK' category.

The reason why I included, Travel details for the Applicant and Sponsor is because, we recently travelled outside the UK for over a month and as the online form asks about 'Travel History' so, I thought to include our flight tickets and passport stamps of our Departure and Arrivals. So, should I continue to upload these in the 'Proof of Identity / Travel History' Category?
  • Other Documents
    Checklist
    Applicant’s Consent Letter What is this exactly as opposed to the declarations you have already stated above??
    Sponsor’s Consent Letter What is this exactly as opposed to the declarations you have already stated above??
I was including the Written Consent Letters by the Applicant stating that, she is making the application and I am the Sponsor etc.. and as a the Sponsor, I was including a written Consent Letter that, I am the Sponsor in the Application, how we met, my employment information, finances and accommodation etc. Should these be included? The 'All Declarations' in the 'Proof of Application' section is for the mandatory consents signed by when we fill in the online application.

So, 'All Declarations' are the mandatory declaration provided when filling in the online application form and the 'Consent Letters' are the manually written consent letters. I can leave the manual consents if they are not required.

Thank you again for taking your time and for providing the help CR001, I great appreciate it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:44 pm

I created the Checklist for me to make sure that, I don't forget and to help me to make sure all documents are in it's place and keep them organised in folders in their categories that will help me to upload them when submitting the documents online. Also, to upload it on to the 'Other Documents' as well so the Officer will know where to look for when they need to find any particular document.
UKVI Caseworkers know their job. You can put identity documents in the proof of identity and everything else in Other. It really makes absolutely no difference as long as the required documents are uploaded.
The reason why I included, Travel details for the Applicant and Sponsor is because, we recently travelled outside the UK for over a month and as the online form asks about 'Travel History' so, I thought to include our flight tickets and passport stamps of our Departure and Arrivals. So, should I continue to upload these in the 'Proof of Identity / Travel History' Category?
You are submitting documents are that completely irrelevant and NOT required. Do NOT submit things you THINK are relevant when they are not. You are over complicating this completely. Submit ONLY what is required. UKVI do NOT care how much you travel.
  • Other Documents
    Checklist
I was including the Written Consent Letters by the Applicant stating that, she is making the application and I am the Sponsor etc.. and as a the Sponsor, I was including a written Consent Letter that, I am the Sponsor in the Application, how we met, my employment information, finances and accommodation etc. Should these be included? The 'All Declarations' in the 'Proof of Application' section is for the mandatory consents signed by when we fill in the online application.
You do NOT need any such letters for an extension. You are overthinking and over complicating the application.
So, 'All Declarations' are the mandatory declaration provided when filling in the online application form and the 'Consent Letters' are the manually written consent letters. I can leave the manual consents if they are not required.
You only need the declarations. You do not need to write about your relationship etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)