ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

getting marry outside the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katsucurry
Newly Registered
Guatemala

getting marry outside the UK

Post by katsucurry » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:44 am

I am confused with various info on the net :( and I hope someone can answer this.

I am a Uk citizen and my GF is from one of the countries in Latin America. We have been together for 1 year.
We both live in each other’s country now but we spent time together for 6 months in the UK on a holiday basis.
We have enough evidence to support our relationship.
The problem is that we are only together for 1 year and I read on the UK gov site that The relationship has to be 2 years living together as a couple. we lived together but no proof of residency as it was just a holiday.

We are thinking to get married soon in her country (outside the UK) and then she will apply for a Spouse Visa from her country (outside the UK).

Is it possible to get married and apply for a spouse visa with evidence of fewer than 2 years of our relationship?

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: getting marry outside the UK

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:01 pm

There is NO requirement to have a 2 year relationship to apply for a spouse visa if you are married.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:41 pm

katsucurry wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:44 am
I am confused with various info on the net :( and I hope someone can answer this.

I am a Uk citizen and my GF is from one of the countries in Latin America. We have been together for 1 year.
We both live in each other’s country now but we spent time together for 6 months in the UK on a holiday basis.
We have enough evidence to support our relationship.
The problem is that we are only together for 1 year and I read on the UK gov site that The relationship has to be 2 years living together as a couple This is for unmarried partner or civil partnership. we lived together but no proof of residency as it was just a holiday.

We are thinking to get married soon in her country (outside the UK) and then she will apply for a Spouse Visa from her country (outside the UK).

Is it possible to get married and apply for a spouse visa with evidence of fewer than 2 years of our relationship? Yes, as the 2years of relationship is not a requirement

Kind regards

katsucurry
Newly Registered
Guatemala

Post by katsucurry » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:15 pm

Thank you so so much, you made my day. i was worried and confused from too much conflicting info on net.