ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chip1919
Newly Registered
Japan

SET (M)

Post by Chip1919 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:18 pm

Hi,

I was on a spouse visa from 2016 and applied for ILR (SET(M)) but it was refused and granted for Family route - 10 year route as did not meet financial requirement.

I am now able to meet the financial requirement.
I am only concerned whether it is fine to submit SET (M) 5 year route while I am on 10 year route which requires 120 months to complete UK residency for ILR.

There is a bit of ambiguity in the rules in that the requirement for ILR is that I have spent at least 5 years in the UK under a combination of leave granted under D-ECP 1.1 and/or D-LTRP1.1, which I have. What the rules don’t say is whether I still have to be here with leave under those sections – it’s a grey area. Although I have been granted leave under D-LTRP1.2, the rules hint that it might still be possible to submit an application for ILR at this time.

The above would be refer to Paragraph E-ILRP.1.2 which states:

The applicant must be in the UK with valid leave to remain as a partner under this Appendix (except that, where paragraph 39E of these Rules applies, any current period of overstaying will be disregarded).

As my status satisfy this paragraph, I would be able to meet this requirement.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Kind regards,

Mayu

vinny

Re: SET (M)

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:43 am

Unfortunately, E-ILRP.1.3.(1) has to be continuous. Detouring on the 10 year path broke the continuity of the 60-month path. But a successful FLR(M) puts the applicant at the start of five year path again.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.