ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

second marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abc789
- thin ice -
India

second marriage

Post by abc789 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:02 pm

Hi if couple are naturalised citizens and she came here as dependent of him with nikkah marriage in Pakistan. they never registered marriage in the uk but its automatically regsitered, right?
then can him marry another woman and bring her as dependent without registering divorce in uk? or a divorce must be registered then both wives will be under nikkah?

pro opinion please?

Casa

Re: second marriage

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:17 pm

Your Islamic marriage in Pakistan won't have been 'automatically registered' in the UK. However, it is recognised as a legal marriage and the fact that your wife came to the UK as your dependent is evidence that the Home Office accepted this as being the case. You are now both British citizens domicile and habitually resident in the UK and if you wish to re-marry you will have to first divorce under British law.

That is of course providing you have grounds for divorce.
https://www.gov.uk/separation-divorce
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:28 pm

Why have you registered and posting under a second username? This is strictly not permitted on the forum.

member/000111/

Choose which username you wish to keep otherwise both of them will be banned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abc789
- thin ice -
India

Post by abc789 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:26 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:17 pm
Your Islamic marriage in Pakistan won't have been 'automatically registered' in the UK. However, it is recognised as a legal marriage and the fact that your wife came to the UK as your dependent is evidence that the Home Office accepted this as being the case. You are now both British citizens domicile and habitually resident in the UK and if you wish to re-marry you will have to first divorce under British law.

thanks for inputting but STOP making assumptions that i was talking about myself!!!
what's your qualifications to reply authoritatively on this matter!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:25 am

Polygamous or polyandrous marriages and civil partnerships
RWP 7.1. If the applicant or their partner is currently in a polygamous or polyandrous marriage or civil partnership, they may only rely on that marriage or civil partnership for the purposes of an application for entry clearance, permission to enter or stay or settlement as a partner where no other partner to the marriage or civil partnership is seeking, or has been granted:
  • (a) permission to enter or stay (except as a visitor or person in transit); or
  • (b) settlement; or
  • (c) a certificate of entitlement to Right of Abode in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:26 am

abc789 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:26 pm
Casa wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:17 pm

thanks for inputting but STOP making assumptions that i was talking about myself!!!
This is an open online forum where responses are based on the information provided. Even when you write in the 2nd or 3rd person, you have not indicated being asked on someone else's behalf. No one here lives with or in you to know your personal matters or circumstances
what's your qualifications to reply authoritatively on this matter!! STOP with the attitude. Most if not all MODs here probably give advice better than declared and known so called immigration professionals.

You can get pro opinion, go through below to select your choice.

https://home.oisc.gov.uk/adviser_finder/finder.aspx