ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa. Do Cash Savings have to be in hand for 6 months?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

williammyg
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa. Do Cash Savings have to be in hand for 6 months?

Post by williammyg » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:06 am

Can you help please? I am a UK citizen in process of getting my girlfriend from the Philippines to UK. My financial evidence is a mixture of income and cash savings as using both is the only way I can meet the financial requirements. However, I have only had the cash savings a month. I know that in the case of a Spouse Visa I will need to have had the cash savings for at least 6 months, but does that also apply for the Fiance Visa?

In other words do I have to wait another 5 months, till I have have the cash savings 6 months, before we can apply for the Fiancé Visa?

Casa

Re: Fiance Visa. Do Cash Savings have to be in hand for 6 months?

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:46 pm

williammyg wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:06 am
Can you help please? I am a UK citizen in process of getting my girlfriend from the Philippines to UK. My financial evidence is a mixture of income and cash savings as using both is the only way I can meet the financial requirements. However, I have only had the cash savings a month. I know that in the case of a Spouse Visa I will need to have had the cash savings for at least 6 months, but does that also apply for the Fiance Visa?

In other words do I have to wait another 5 months, till I have have the cash savings 6 months, before we can apply for the Fiancé Visa?
You need to have cash savings deposited in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months. You will also be required to show the source of the savings held.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

busdriver
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by busdriver » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:36 am

6 months time don't apply if cash savings have come from sale of property instead you needed to have the property in your name for 6 months or more prior to sale

williammyg
Newly Registered

Post by williammyg » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:03 pm

Many thanks to Case and busdriver for their replies. Your help is very much apppreciated.
:)