ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In 2nd country on line, and proxy marriage.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sameeraa
Newly Registered

In 2nd country on line, and proxy marriage.

Post by Sameeraa » Fri May 05, 2023 3:31 pm

Our situation is that I work in uae, my husband in uk, we met in Pakistan. Then we married in Al ain Abu Dhabi when he came to see me, through video link to imam in Pakistan, many months later. We arranged a poa proxy forms and had our date of marriage to reflect the date we met in Pakistan, back dated.
1)My question is, is this marriage allowed in UAE. 2) would backdating dates be a problem in Pakistani, 3) is proxy marriages allowed in Pakistan 4) we didn’t have witnesses, it was me my husband and the hotel room.5) I was previously married but only told my husband of 1 marriage, is it requirement to declare all divorces 6) would uk recognise this marriage

Casa

Re: In 2nd country on line, and proxy marriage.

Post by Casa » Fri May 05, 2023 8:52 pm

One of the conditions for a legal marriage in the UAE is:
"Proxy – the contracting parties to a marriage must be present during the time of the marriage ceremony. If any of the spouses weren’t physically present, the marriage will not be considered valid."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sameeraa
Newly Registered

Post by Sameeraa » Fri May 05, 2023 9:46 pm

Both me and my husband present, but we didn’t notify any authorities in uae.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 05, 2023 11:29 pm

I think the more interesting question is whether a marriage can legally be back-dated.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.