ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension document upload

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

cyberstud23
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Extension Standard or Premium Urgent

Post by cyberstud23 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:27 am

My wife's BRP card expires 08-June-2023. I have filled the Family spouse visa extension for as she had Leave to Enter ( 2 years 9 months) initial visa in 08-Sep-2020 and paid the IHS fees .
I have an option to select Standard £1048 or Super Premium £1848. (There is no 1 week option that was there before £1500)

Can I select Standard fees £1048 and will I get a date in May 2023 to apply from London. At present I am on the page to pay fees and cannot see available dates in May.

Will the date of application be when she gets her 2 years 6 months extension that is 21-Apr-2023 or it will be when the HO gives her the BRP card (so that she as much of her months for after 5 year ILR).

If the HO delays her application in Standard fees and gets her BRP after 09-Jun-2023 would she be overstaying or have any immigration issues further ?

I am a British Citizen and we have a child who is British Citizen (not applying) and I think it will be a simple visa application having no complexity.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Standard or Premium Urgent

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:43 am

The appointment is only for biometric enrolment, this has nothing to do with ukvi decision making.

Super priority or standard service is a ukvi decision process.

Spouse visas aren't eligible for 5 day priority service anyway.

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk

Her visa start date will be from date of decision. It is not from date you apply online or the appointment.

She will not be an overstayer if she submits the application before her visa expires. There is no issue here at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:48 am

cyberstud23 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:27 am
My wife's BRP card expires 08-June-2023. I have filled the Family spouse visa extension for as she had Leave to Enter ( 2 years 9 months) initial visa in 08-Sep-2020 and paid the IHS fees .
I have an option to select Standard £1048 or Super Premium £1848. (There is no 1 week option that was there before £1500)

Can I select Standard fees £1048 and will I get a date in May 2023 to apply from London. At present I am on the page to pay fees and cannot see available dates in May. The key part is to submit the application on time. You can do the biometrics up to 8 weeks after the application has been made.

Will the date of application be when she gets her 2 years 6 months extension that is 21-Apr-2023 or it will be when the HO gives her the BRP card (so that she as much of her months for after 5 year ILR). The date she submits online.

If the HO delays her application in Standard fees and gets her BRP after 09-Jun-2023 would she be overstaying or have any immigration issues further ? Nope she's covered by the on time application.

I am a British Citizen and we have a child who is British Citizen (not applying) and I think it will be a simple visa application having no complexity.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

cyberstud23
United Kingdom

Post by cyberstud23 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:37 pm

I see an option to pay the fees Standard or Premium for Spouse Visa Extension. But there is no appointment date selection option seen yet. Is this available after choosing the service Standard or Premium ? .

If I select the Standard Service then will I be able to get a date in May 2023 at London. On choosing standard service is there a appointment date selection option having free and paid service where in paid service there are more dates and timings available. I heard somewhere it cost £100 to £150 for that service. Is it available in London ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:35 pm

You can only book an appointment with the third party agent UKCVAS after you submit and pay online. You don't get to choose an appointment date before you submit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyberstud23
United Kingdom

Post by cyberstud23 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:31 pm

If I pay today 25-Apr-2023 and book an appointment in May 2023, will the new BRP card given have start date 25-Apr-2024 date of application submitted online given for another 2.6 years . I saw somewhere it said apply no sooner than 28 days before expiry of visa. Her Visa expires 8-Jun-2023.

My wife has been outside UK for 4.5 months in her current 2years 9 months 1st visa and as part of the 5 years stay in the UK. Will it be ok if she gets her next visa and plan to be outside UK for 2 months sometime in 2024/2025 ?

Using standard service £1048 can I select UKVAC premium £135 service and book appointment in May if dates for free service is not available ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:35 pm

The date the visa dn brp is valid from is rhe date it is approved. It is not from the date you submit the application.

She is fine to travel, there is no absence limit for spouse visa holders.

The UKCVAS appointment is only for biometrics enrollment. You can book whatever you wish if no free ones are available. UKCVAS premium service appointment has nothing to do with the visa processing time frame
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cyberstud23
United Kingdom

Post by cyberstud23 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:54 pm

I paid for standard appointment £1048 and I paid for IHS. I received just 1 email for IHS fees paid with the reference number. There is no second email received as said in the first email. checked the spam folder and inbox.
Money had been withdrawn from my account for the IHS fees paid.
Do I have to get the second IHS email and is that required to be uploaded?

Also I have options to select UKVCAS appointment dates. I checked for London Mark Lane , Stratford locations and all have £245 to be paid and minimum is £140.

I guess I have to pay minimum £138 to get the application submitted. ?

cyberstud23
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension document upload

Post by cyberstud23 » Thu May 11, 2023 10:16 am

I am uploading as a sponsor cash savings , last 6 months payslips, employee letter, bank statement salary received, signed contract of employment.
For living accommodations rental agreements , council tax letter

As part of proof of living together
Joint 4
1. Rent agreement contract yearly
2. Council statement received yearly
3. Water bills
4. Electricity bills

Individual
Spouse
1. Bank statements 2. NHS letters
Me
1. Bank statements 2. Broadband bills

I am showing bank statement with the salary received and cash savings but that account does not have bills paid.

Do I have to show proof of bills, rents paid as I am not showing a different bank account used to pay bills, rents, council payments .
Is it fine ?

I am showing so many different bank accounts and it's statement so was thinking not to show some bank account to be safe.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension document upload

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 11, 2023 12:16 pm

cyberstud23 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 10:16 am
I am uploading as a sponsor cash savings , last 6 months payslips, employee letter, bank statement salary received, signed contract of employment.

Joint 4
3. Water bills
4. Electricity bills

Individual
Spouse
Me

I am showing bank statement with the salary received and cash savings but that account does not have bills paid.

Do I have to show proof of bills, rents paid as I am not showing a different bank account used to pay bills, rents, council payments . No
Is it fine ?

I am showing so many different bank accounts and it's statement so was thinking not to show some bank account to be safe.
With you showing different bank account statements, do write a cover note for clarity stating which is which and to avoid confusing case worker.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 11, 2023 12:18 pm

cyberstud23 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 10:16 am

Joint 4
3. Water bills
4. Electricity bills

Individual
Spouse
Me

Do I have to show proof of bills, rents paid as I am not showing a different bank account used to pay bills, rents, council payments .
Is it fine ?

If using and cash savings meets the financial requirements there is no need to show statements of account of where your salary is paid.

cyberstud23
United Kingdom

Post by cyberstud23 » Thu May 11, 2023 1:08 pm

I will show bank statement of salary paid, cash savings that's with one bank.
The utility bills like electricity, water, rents, council tax is with another bank. I guess I have to show it as proof of living for 2 years with bills paid on time.
Do I have to show all pages or just the first few pages as in some months there are 5-8 pages ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 11, 2023 3:22 pm

cyberstud23 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 1:08 pm
I will show bank statement of salary paid, cash savings that's with one bank.
The utility bills like electricity, water, rents, council tax is with another bank. I guess I have to show it as proof of living for 2 years with bills paid on time.
Do I have to show all pages or just the first few pages as in some months there are 5-8 pages ?
Show the complete pages of documents

cyberstud23
United Kingdom

Post by cyberstud23 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:06 pm

The utility bills like electricity, water, rents, council tax is with another bank.
Do I have to show this bank statements as proof of living for 2 years with bills paid on time as the other bank statement has only salary received and transfers ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:24 pm

cyberstud23 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 9:06 pm
The utility bills like electricity, water, rents, council tax is with another bank.
Do I have to show this bank statements as proof of living for 2 years with bills paid on time as the other bank statement has only salary received and transfers ?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)