ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa UK - Extension and absence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shonithas
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa UK - Extension and absence

Post by shonithas » Thu May 18, 2023 9:22 pm

Hello there,

Kindly help me with the below scenario.

I have ILR and my wife had applied for spouse visa and received it in Nov 2020 and she came to UK in Dec 2020. We then had a baby and my wife left to India with the baby in Feb 2022 and stayed there until April 2023(1 Year 2 months). The spouse visa she has is valid until July 2023.

We are about to apply for a renewal of spouse visa for another 2 and half years so she could finish the 5-year term in the spouse visa.

Now, My wife however needs to go back to India in couple of months for personal reasons.

My question is;
Has my wife lost her long stay as she stayed outside UK for over 180 days?

Thanks,
Rejeesh

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa UK - Extension and absence

Post by Casa » Fri May 19, 2023 12:13 pm

shonithas wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 9:22 pm
Hello there,

Kindly help me with the below scenario.

I have ILR and my wife had applied for spouse visa and received it in Nov 2020 and she came to UK in Dec 2020. We then had a baby and my wife left to India with the baby in Feb 2022 and stayed there until April 2023(1 Year 2 months). The spouse visa she has is valid until July 2023.

We are about to apply for a renewal of spouse visa for another 2 and half years so she could finish the 5-year term in the spouse visa.

Now, My wife however needs to go back to India in couple of months for personal reasons.

My question is;
Has my wife lost her long stay as she stayed outside UK for over 180 days?

Thanks,
Rejeesh
There is no absence limit for holders of a Spouse visa. However, you do need to submit evidence that your relationship is subsisting and that you have been in touch with each other during her absence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shonithas
Newly Registered

Post by shonithas » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:15 pm

Hello there,

My husband is a PR and I am looking to apply for my spouse visa extension in July. I am a stay at home mom of a 2 year old (british citizen) and my husband earns 2000 pounds a month( excluding tax).

I just read that there is a fee waiver option on the gov website. Can you please guide us if we are eligible for a fee waiver and how that works please?

Thanks,
Shoni

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:17 pm

https://www.gov.uk/visa-fee-waiver-in-uk
Eligibility
You may be eligible for a fee waiver if:

you’re a partner, parent or dependant child of someone who has a family visa or has permission to stay in the UK on the basis of their private life

you’ve got ‘Discretionary Leave’ or ‘Leave outside the Immigration Rules’ on human rights grounds where you were refused refugee status or humanitarian protection - check your Biometric Residence Permit to see what you’ve got

you have permission to stay in the UK because you’re a victim of modern slavery or human trafficking

You can apply for a fee waiver if you cannot afford to pay the fee because you:

do not have a place to live in the UK and you cannot afford one
have a place to live but cannot afford essential living costs like food or heating
have a very low income and paying the fee would harm your child’s wellbeing
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.