ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) to FLR (M) and then to ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

FLR (FP) to FLR (M) and then to ILR

Post by talreh20 » Tue May 30, 2023 10:14 am

Hello all, Asking for a friend.

My friend was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur when his wife got a Tier 1 E Dependent visa from Oct 2017 to Aug 2018.
my friend received ILR (LR) in Jun 2018. He applied to switch his wife's visa to FLR (M) in Aug 2018 and due to income miscalculation, the home office put the wife on FLR (FP) 10 years route due to having a British child who was born 20 days before his ILR. so he registered the child on MN01 and received the British Registration, etc and the Home office granted 2.5 years FLR (FP).
So the wife spent 2.5 years on FLR (FP) from Oct 2018 to March 2021.
They applied for FLR (M) in March 2021, which was granted from June 2021 to Jan 2024 roughly.
Now someone has told my friend that he does not need to apply for another 2.5 years on FLR(M) for the wife and can straightaway apply for ILR as the wife will spend 5 years by Jan 24. Is that correct? or does he need to apply for FLR(M) for another 2.5 and then apply for ILR?

Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (FP) to FLR (M) and then to ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue May 30, 2023 10:23 am

Wife must have 5 years on flr m visa.

FLR fp and flr m are different immigration rules. Cannot combine the two different routes to make 5 years for ilr on form SET M.

They need to apply for an extension and meet the requirements again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 30, 2023 10:28 am

E-ILRP.1.3. is the problem.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue May 30, 2023 10:43 am

Thank you both CR001 and Vinny.