ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouce Visa....all original except a few photocopies...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

upset_human
Newly Registered

Spouce Visa....all original except a few photocopies...

Post by upset_human » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:06 am

Hello

Im a 22 year old who has recently submitted my spouce visa application from Karachi Pakistan. My hubby is in UK and a UK citizen.

All the relavent ORIGINAL supporting documents hav been submitted as follows

1) 12 month bank statements
2) 9 months payslips
3) current job certificate letter
4) last years P-60
5) Tenancy agreement
6) Council Tax bill and payment receipt
7) English Nikkah Namma .. &
8 Pictures of our wedding

Now I know that photocopies may cause some problems, however due to last minute issues and some problems we had with the documents, my hubby cud not provide SOME original docs as follows...,

1) the last month (12th month) bank statement was submitted with the application as a PHOTOCOPY

2) the last month (8th month) of payslip was submitted with the application as a PHOTOCOPY

3) All the last three months of utility bills (telephone and gas only) were submitted as PHOTOCOPIES

ALSO....i got married in 2007 and my hubby visted me once in 2008 and now in 2009 im applying. In the application form i stated that we have last time met once in 2008.....but i have not submitted any proof of his visit like passport stamp or something.

So please can someone answer my questions as follows...

1) Will this application hav a chance in succeeding?
2) Is this an ill prepared application?
3) Do you think I stand a chance in being granted a spouce visa?

UpsetHuman

blessedlady89

Re: Spouce Visa....all original except a few photocopies...

Post by blessedlady89 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:20 am

You should submit Original documents. Unless you provided a reason why you didn't.

Even your husband visited you once only , there is no problem, You could submit, chat history or call history ( SKYPE or Yahoo , etc) , tel. calls, emails, cards, etc.

NO one can really tell what will be the outcome of your application.

GOOD LUCK
upset_human wrote:Hello

Im a 22 year old who has recently submitted my spouce visa application from Karachi Pakistan. My hubby is in UK and a UK citizen.

All the relavent ORIGINAL supporting documents hav been submitted as follows

1) 12 month bank statements
2) 9 months payslips
3) current job certificate letter
4) last years P-60
5) Tenancy agreement
6) Council Tax bill and payment receipt
7) English Nikkah Namma .. &
8 Pictures of our wedding

Now I know that photocopies may cause some problems, however due to last minute issues and some problems we had with the documents, my hubby cud not provide SOME original docs as follows...,

1) the last month (12th month) bank statement was submitted with the application as a PHOTOCOPY

2) the last month (8th month) of payslip was submitted with the application as a PHOTOCOPY

3) All the last three months of utility bills (telephone and gas only) were submitted as PHOTOCOPIES

ALSO....i got married in 2007 and my hubby visted me once in 2008 and now in 2009 im applying. In the application form i stated that we have last time met once in 2008.....but i have not submitted any proof of his visit like passport stamp or something.

1) Will this application hav a chance in succeeding?
3) Do you think I stand a chance in being granted a spouce visa?

UpsetHuman

upset_human
Newly Registered

Post by upset_human » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:34 am

Thanks for replying...

forgot to state that i also submitted my hubby's UK passport photocopy.....this had to be a photo copy since original is with him :)

ALso how can i submit anything else now seeing that my application is already submitted??

But to be really honest and after reading several posts on this fourm, Im sure that I should be granted the visa because i know utility bills only show proof of address....this can easily be counter checked with my other original docs....also just one months bank statement and payslip going in as photocopies should certainly be outwayed by the 11 months original bank statements and 8 months payslips......

I have also heard that if the embassy has any doubts....they investigate and since all my docs are authentic, it should be alright...

lastly, i also read on this fourm that the overall merit of the application is assessed before a desicion is made. So a few photocopied slipping in should not cause any problems...

batleykhan.....what do u think?

Regards
UH

upset_human
Newly Registered

Post by upset_human » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:23 pm

batleykhan.....what do u think?

based on what i have said right from the begining.....i would really like to hear ur point of views on my visa application case.

regards
upset

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:28 pm

Let me think about it and I will come back with answer

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Ok, I get the gist of your story.

You are only required to submitted 3 monthly (or 6 weekly )wage slips with an application. Likewise 6 months bank statements should suffice.

Whilst you have sent more than is required, ideally it would have been helpful if the latest statement/wage slips could have been originals instead of copies.The ECO might be come slightly suspicious as to why the latest docs are copies whilst others are originals.

As you know it is very easy to scan an original document and then change it to suit your needs ( I have seen a few of these myself). It is for this reason that all documents should be in their original form except a Passport.

With a passport you have to take it to a solicitor get them to copy every single page of it and then sign and stamp each page to state it is a true copy of the original.

All other documents must be in their original and this is clearly stated on the application and website. The ECO can refuse an application if he is not satisfied on the slightest matter.

It is not to late for your hubby to get the latest bank statement/wage slip and get him to send it direct to the embassy where you lodged your application with a short letter explaining why he has sent this in now.

If it gets there in time before the ECO looks at your case, then I think you have got a good chance of getting a visa, but if not, I think he will refuse it.
ALSO....i got married in 2007 and my hubby visited me once in 2008 and now in 2009 im applying. In the application form i stated that we have last time met once in 2008.....but i have not submitted any proof of his visit like passport stamp or something.
If you have only recently submitted your case, then the photocopies pages of your husband passport should show that he visited you in 2009.
The more you can show that you have been in contact with each other ( letter/phone /emails) the better it will be for you.

1) Will this application have a chance in succeeding?
3) Do you think I stand a chance in being granted a spouse visa?
1. Chances are 50/50
2. No, certainly not, but could have been foolproof if the above had been done at an earlier stage
3. Again 50/50. It all depends how the ECO views thing, as it is him who is going to make the decision. He will take into fact a number of reasons based overall on your application.

I hope I have answered your question. This is my own personal opinion, but I am sure there are some more experienced people on this forum who might think otherwise

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:00 pm

You may be asked to explain why your husband has only visited you once
since your wedding in 2007. Best have a plausible answer ready.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:24 pm

You may be asked to explain why your husband has only visited you once since your wedding in 2007. Best have a plausible answer ready.
I can suggest a few things :lol: , but I would say that "my husband was to busy saving money to pay for all the ruddy fees the BHC charge nowadays instead of wasting it to come and see me for a few days etc".

She can say "the more that we have been apart the stronger our love grew for each other":D

Any more suggestions anybody?

khan85

Post by khan85 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:46 pm

With a passport you have to take it to a solicitor get them to copy every single page of it and then sign and stamp each page to state it is a true copy of the original.
i dint do this, husband still got his visa!!

it all depends on the ECO mood!!! u seem to have sufficient docs so it will be a good outcome but INSHALLAH!!