ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

property inspection report

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hmm

property inspection report

Post by hmm » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 am

From which estate agent you get your property inspection report from?
We are in South London. Our council doesn't do that and all the estate agent I contacted haven't got a clue about it at all.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:47 am

Any estate agent will do it. Its called a housing report for immigration purposes.

All they will do is to visit your house, inspect it, photograph each room along with its measurment , describe its state of condition and ask you how many people live there.

They will charge you about £60/£70 for it.

It is something people can do themselves if they want, but most prefer to have it done by Council or estate agents

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: property inspection report

Post by Rozen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:45 am

hmm wrote:and all the estate agent I contacted haven't got a clue about it at all.

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:58 am

How long does this process generally take?

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:14 pm

My local Council dont do it, and Estate Agents dont seem to have a clue so I am going to have to do it myself. Can anyone advise on exactly what I need to do, is it just a case of measuring each living room, taking photograph of each living room or is there more information needed? I'm starting to panic now as I need to take all the documents to China in just over 2 weeks time! cheers

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Pm me with your email. I may be help to you.

arliejacobs
Newly Registered

Post by arliejacobs » Fri May 21, 2010 4:01 am

We should always check the property inspection report if you want to deal with the legal stuff, and legitimate things to come your way.

menwall

Post by menwall » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Are property inspection reports mandatory for UK visa applications or is it only an example of evidence proving accommodation? I didn't see it listed as a required document on any of the Fiance/Spouse/Settlement pages?

If I can get away with photos of every room of the house (quite a large house) and proof of owning the house then would that be enough?

FYI, my situation is 3 of us (myself and parents) in a 4 bedroom house with 2 large reception rooms and the property is owned outright by my father (mortgage already paid). Looking to temporarily house my fiance until after we are married and rent our own place. Do I need this report or will photos and proof of ownership suffice?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:50 am

I don't think that property reports are mandatory requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:53 am

Everyone's situation is going to be different and therefore I think its wise to stand back and consider how the UKBA will look at your circumstances. For example; if you and partner/spouse are going to be living in your own house the UKBA might not be too concerned about the accommodation part of your application. A small flat/apartment? They might look more carefully at your accommodation and any evidence you submit. If however, you're sharing with another family or friends, living in a spare room say, the UKBA might want to see strong evidence that the property isn't overcrowded.

I agree with Vinny above. It's really a question of balance and supplying whatever evidence 'you' feel is needed to support your application.

In my case (I'm the sponsor) we found some past sales particulars online for the property we rent, including room sizes, photos etc. We included a copy and supplied a link to them in our covering letter with an invitation for the UKBA to verify them online if they wished.

Alex3977
Newly Registered

Post by Alex3977 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:17 am

In my case, i will apply for my settlement visa next month. My wife (sponsor) has got accommodation sponsor lttr from landlord (her frnd) mentioning there is ample space to live there for both of us.Moreover they have given utility bill and their passport copies too.....So is this enough to meet accommodation requirement? We are not going to give property visit rpt or tenancy rpt ? Pls guide....