ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed - when do I get the visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johnzion
BANNED

Appeal Allowed - when do I get the visa?

Post by johnzion » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:18 pm

My settlement appeal has been allowed. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes before you get the visa issued? It has been a month since the decision was promulgated and there is still no response from the Entrance Clearance Officer, British High Commission, Lagos, Nigeria.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do??

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi,It all depends on which country you are from some are quicker than others but it usually takes about 6-8 weeks for the BHC to contact you to collect visa.
well done and good luck.

navbulls

Post by navbulls » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:58 pm

Congratulations on your appeal.....

As per AIT website "The overseas post will not receive the determination until approximately 6 weeks later. Please wait until then before contacting post".

Hope this Helps, Best of luck....
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting...

segzeybaba
Newly Registered

Post by segzeybaba » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:00 pm

yeah about 6-8weeks.....

my guy. what sort of question did the ECO asked you on your interview day?

kindly enlighten me please

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:04 am

my guy. what sort of question did the ECO asked you on your interview day?

kindly enlighten me please
Why dont you go to your nearest Immigration Appeal court to you and sit at the back where you can hear and see everything. The court is open to the public.

That way you will have agood idea of what exactly goes on and what type of questions are asked. Do make sure you sit in one that is relevant to you. The court will tell you that if you ask nicely.