ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with fiancee visa please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

frankieblues
Newly Registered

help with fiancee visa please

Post by frankieblues » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:31 am

Hi I need some help
I'm a chilean national, I came back from the UK
after more or less 5 years. I first went to the UK on an entry clearence visa (september 2004) for a year (work experience scholarship) and I applied for and extention in the same category which I was given. Then I came back to Chile and applied for a student visa which it was also extended for another year ( and I continued studying) I met my boyfriend in my first year in the United Kingdom and we've been together since.(for nearly those 5 years) I'm 30 and he is 48 years old.

Now we want to get married in the UK. My last student visa expired on April 2009 and I overstayed until September (2009) because of my relationship. Now I'm back in Chile and as we want to get marry in the UK , I believe I need to apply for a fiancee visa? But I'm really concerned about the overstay and because I carried on working, although I was allowed to do so in my student visa.
Also do they mind when I got divorced? How long should I wait to apply?

Many many thanks in advance

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:55 am

Overstay won't affect a marriage-based visa application unless u used deception to enter the UK which it doesn't sound like.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:45 pm

What do you mean by deception?
whould they check all my previous applications?
my two visas had been granted legally, what worries me is how to answer the best way possible to the immigration officer, I know I've got to be honest, does that mean I've got to say I'm sorry I overstayed and worked but my fiance and I wanted to be together? I assume they know , does it make it worse because I worked?

What about me being divorced? how long should I wait to apply after I got divorced?
thanks

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Any more opinions please????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be a pain, but do you recommend to translate my divorce certificate from spanish to English???????

By the way thanks Obie for your help !!!! I really appreciate it !!!

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 pm

frankieblues wrote:Any more opinions please????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be a pain, but do you recommend to translate my divorce certificate from spanish to English???????

By the way thanks Obie for your help !!!! I really appreciate it !!!
Yes, i'm pretty sure that it's a requirement to have all documents translated into English.

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Hello again, soory if this sounds silly!!!!
I'm a bit worried that I don't have enough prove of my INTENTION to marry my fiance. As we both have been married in the past, we only want to have a small celebration with family and a few friends in my fiance's house or a pub. I don't need a wedding dress or a special reception, so i don't know what to show to the ECO !!!!!!! We are thinking in asking our wedding witnesses to write a letter , would that be ok???? or enough ???? i don't know what else to do ???!!!!!

Also he sent me lots of text messages on my mobile, but you cannot take phones into the visas offices, so that is another proof lost!!!!!!
He rings me to my land line as well, but he uses a cheap number service which doesn't show that is Chile he is calling !!!!!!
please help me, I need some ideas!!!!
Thank you x

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:21 pm

frankieblues wrote:Hello again, soory if this sounds silly!!!!
I'm a bit worried that I don't have enough prove of my INTENTION to marry my fiance. As we both have been married in the past, we only want to have a small celebration with family and a few friends in my fiance's house or a pub. I don't need a wedding dress or a special reception, so i don't know what to show to the ECO !!!!!!! We are thinking in asking our wedding witnesses to write a letter , would that be ok???? or enough ???? i don't know what else to do ???!!!!!

Also he sent me lots of text messages on my mobile, but you cannot take phones into the visas offices, so that is another proof lost!!!!!!
He rings me to my land line as well, but he uses a cheap number service which doesn't show that is Chile he is calling !!!!!!
please help me, I need some ideas!!!!
Thank you x
Well if ur not married at the end of the six months you have to leave the UK, so I presume intention is presumed. Wouldn't hinder if u included ur registry off appointment or wherever or bills for the reception etc.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Sorry I've got another question!!
I've just read I can't register my marriage in the town where I will be living becuase is not one the 76 register offices that accept a notice from one of the parties who is a foreigner (me being chilean national), so I would like to know if it is possible to register my marriage in one of this 76 (the closest one to our house) and then get married in the one in town. Is it possible to do that????? it does not say in the info from the web page!
Thank you for your excellent advice!!!!!!

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:12 pm

frankieblues wrote:Sorry I've got another question!!
I've just read I can't register my marriage in the town where I will be living becuase is not one the 76 register offices that accept a notice from one of the parties who is a foreigner (me being chilean national), so I would like to know if it is possible to register my marriage in one of this 76 (the closest one to our house) and then get married in the one in town. Is it possible to do that????? it does not say in the info from the web page!
Thank you for your excellent advice!!!!!!
That's what we did when we got married a few years ago.

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:52 pm

djb123

So you mean it is possible to get marry in the town we will be living as long as we register our marrieage in one of the 76 offices?????
thanks!

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Yes... you apply for permission to marry at the nearest centre that accepts it and then you can make the booking at any registry office

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Thank you so much that's a relief !

Also, my fiancee has two children from his previous marriage, Do I need to show the ECO their birth certificates or certified copy of passports ????
Is that necessary? they only stay with him at weekends and the house won't be overcrowded (it has 4 bedrooms) but do I still need to get that paperwork?????

thanks

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 pm

frankieblues wrote:Thank you so much that's a relief !

Also, my fiancee has two children from his previous marriage, Do I need to show the ECO their birth certificates or certified copy of passports ????
Is that necessary? they only stay with him at weekends and the house won't be overcrowded (it has 4 bedrooms) but do I still need to get that paperwork?????

thanks
No you won't need any of that from his kids as they're already living in the UK and are British (?). Your partner will just need to show that you being there won't mean that the property is overcrowded. A council inspection would suffice for this.

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Yes his children are british. Thank you, We have a mortgage statement and the house is own by my fiancee. I'll get him to get a council statement as well . cheers

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi again sorry another question!!
I know that my fiance got to prove his finances and that he's able to support me (which he is) but do I have to prove finances????? I'm not working at the moment and I'm not looking for a job either because I'm staying with my parents and they are happy to support me while I'm waiting to apply for the visa, so does it matter if I don't have a job here in my country?????
thank you again.

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Anyone know about my last question ?????? please ????????

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:52 pm

frankieblues wrote:Hi again sorry another question!!
I know that my fiance got to prove his finances and that he's able to support me (which he is) but do I have to prove finances????? I'm not working at the moment and I'm not looking for a job either because I'm staying with my parents and they are happy to support me while I'm waiting to apply for the visa, so does it matter if I don't have a job here in my country????? thank you again.
PLEASE HELP !!!!

rinav

Post by rinav » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:44 pm

No you dont...you would have to leave your own job to move to the uk so it makes no difference if you are working or not..

that's the advice i had.

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:21 pm

ok thanks XD

frankieblues
Newly Registered

application done !

Post by frankieblues » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Hello again ,
first I'd like to thank you for all your previous help, I have more questions now !!

I have done my application for a fiancee visa yesterday at the embassy in Chile. I think I have enough evidence to show.

The experience was not as terrible as I thought it would be. However, I'm concerned that I stated that I wanted the interview to be in english and they did it in spanish, the person doing it (because I'm not sure if it was a proper ECO !) told me they are not the ones making the decisions, they send all the documents to New York and they get them back with a response.

I'm not happy with this method, I was expecting the interview to be an instance where you can support your application.
They didn't even tell me if they were going to contact my fiance in the UK or me again

Can anyone tell me if this is correct ?????? do they really send the paperwork somewhere else ????

All this make me very nervous !!! thanks in advance x

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Yes - it changed sometime last year or the year before.

Previously - decisions were made locally - but I know the all visa decisions in most of south america are now sent to New York for processing.

It's all about centralising the process.

I agree - it's not good - I think my fiancee got her visa in Lima because we both stood in front of the ECO and were obviously together and had plans. I think it would have been harder to decide on with just the paperwork in front of someone.

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:25 pm

thanks for your reply,
so how long did it take for you to get an answer ?????
I was told they will get in touch via email, but I keep close to my phone anyway !!

Were you contacted during the application process ???? to aks you anything or confirm something ??????

thanks again for your help
scared !!!!

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Does anyone know about this ?????
Any similar and recent experiences ????

Do they actually contact you while processing the application ????? and how long is taking nowadays ???

frankieblues
Newly Registered

got visa !!!

Post by frankieblues » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Hello again
Thank you all so much for your help and patience !!!!
I have got my visa a while back, travelled and finally got married to my boyfriend. We are very happy and grateful for your answers to all my questions !

We would like to have some advice on what to do next ??? Which application form do I have to submit now to extend to a marriage visa???

if anybody has got a link, I'll take it from there !
Thanks again

FBlues

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:12 pm