ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa refused on payslips. Urgent help.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

qaz786
Newly Registered

Settlement visa refused on payslips. Urgent help.

Post by qaz786 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:54 am

I recently applied (for my wife) a settlement visa on the 28/07/09.

This was rejected on the 16/11/09.

Reasons given were that my P60 and payslips were not originals. I supplied them with payslips for x3 months (all online payslips), as I am a contractor. I have been in the same role for 1 year plus. My umbrella company (who pay me after receiving funds from Reed), also stamped each payslip and signed. I supplied a letterhead from Reed and (Umbrella Co) also showing employment. P60 was given to me by Umbrella co (Giant).

I am very disappointed that it has been rejected, and that checks were not made by the ECO with regards to my pay. I supplied 3 months bank statements showing credit over £3k and pay clearly going into account.

The ECO decision continues on the same vein, and includes a line about the financial situation of our household. I live with my mother and 4 brothers. I showed that my brother (younger) is working, and provided letter. I aso showed that he pays Standing order into my account every month, for upkeep of the family home. Not sure why they said this, as my balance and savings (over 3K also) is good. Is it because they think my younger brothers are dependant on me?

Please can you let me know with regards to this. I would like to know my options. Do not want an appeal hearing.

Applied before and was rejected on grounds of my bank balance. Payslips and P60 were accepted last time.

Any advice please?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:32 pm

It could be that they believe that you're reliant on your brother's financial support...not the other way round.

rinav

Post by rinav » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:37 pm

My husbands visa has just been declined this week. Im not too sure of the next steps and have a legal advisor helping us now.

From my understanding you can appeal and the case will get reviewed by ECM. If they overturn the original refusal then you wont have to go through the whole appeal process. Submit a letter explaining your whole situation regarding your pay - not sure if you have already done this. Make it clear like you were explaining it to a child. ECO's cant be bothered trying to make sense of complicated issues.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:58 am

you are supposed to supply 6 months bank statements and payslips, they do also need to be original print outs either on a standard format payslip or on headed note paper... go back to whatever company it is that actually put the money in to your bank account and ask them to print out 6 months payslip details on headed note paper