ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa problem!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bazzyboi
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa problem!

Post by bazzyboi » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:02 pm

I was just wondering if anyone would have any advice for me please?

I have been in the UK since 2003 June, I originally arrived as a visitor but over-stayed my visa. I have now been married (Religious marriage) for 4 years & have a son who is 2. My partner has a son from her previous relationship who is now 5 & for him, I am his dad. I had applied for a settlement visa last November which was rejected because at the time of application I didn't had a leave to remain. I have been going to sign at an Immigration centre every month for nearly a year now. They have now called me & my partner for an Interview but have made it clear that I only have 2 options.

1) Applying for a legacy visa from here as I have been in the country for 7 years & have a settled family life here!

2) They want me to go backhome on my own & apply for a settlement visa then get my partner to travel before the interview date & according to them, this is the easiest & best way in my case as I would get my visa within 3-6 months.

I dont have a problem going backhome but I dont want it to come to a point where then they ask for my partner to work full-time & have some sort of saving before they give me a visa as some people I know have been stuck backhome away from their kids for more than 3 years! It wont be possible for her to work full-time especially with 2 kids. My dad has given me some money to help us which I can show as a saving.

Could you please advise me what would be my best option & what I should do?

Many Thanks for your help!

rinav

Post by rinav » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:06 pm

I'm not an advisor but it's not going to be as easy as they say to get back into the UK. The fact that you have overstayed will be an issue - even though it technically shouldnt be.

Your partner will have to satisfy the accommodation and finance requirement and if she doesn't then it will be a big struggle.

If you have been given the option to apply via the legacy route then take it.

Speak to a qualified advisor and get them to assist you.

Leaving the UK could be a big mistake if you have the option to apply incountry.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:31 am

How have you been supporting your family?
Have you been given the right to work in the UK?

bazzyboi
Newly Registered

Post by bazzyboi » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:33 am

Thxs Rinav! My case was being dealt with a solicitor who has let me down big time. If anyone knows of a good solicitor, please let me know!

sjohnson2
Newly Registered

Post by sjohnson2 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:31 pm

bazzyboi wrote:Thxs Rinav! My case was being dealt with a solicitor who has let me down big time. If anyone knows of a good solicitor, please let me know!
There are lots of great websites and articles on the web that may help you. Please feel free to check out the link below to help with finding articles. I know they're very informative and they will set you in the right direction.

Good luck.