ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Job - Middle of Visa Process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

happi.ocholloh

New Job - Middle of Visa Process

Post by happi.ocholloh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:11 am

Hi,

Ive had a job offer and need to know what to do. Its more money than my current job. I can start pretty much straight away but we are in the middle of a visa application.
Whats the best thing to do? If I change jobs and they check with the documents I have submitted they will then say I left.
There doesnt seem to be a place to submit updated documents or change of circumstances. If I even managed to do that would that then make the process longer or even worse start it all over again.

thanks

Happi

rinav

Post by rinav » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi Happi

As far as I know it shouldn't make a difference as your application is decided on the documents submitted at the time - so technically you don't need to inform them of your change in job. However if it was me then I would send a letter and fax to BHC stating that you have a new job with an increase in pay and when you start it etc etc. This may help if your finance requirement with settlement visa was a bit tight. I would also send in your employment contract as that will have all the information on it that ECO needs - eg. type of contract, salary, start date, employers details...

Hope this helps. Where are you applying from?:

b92753

Post by b92753 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:44 pm

rinav wrote:Hi Happi

As far as I know it shouldn't make a difference as your application is decided on the documents submitted at the time - so technically you don't need to inform them of your change in job. However if it was me then I would send a letter and fax to BHC stating that you have a new job with an increase in pay and when you start it etc etc. This may help if your finance requirement with settlement visa was a bit tight. I would also send in your employment contract as that will have all the information on it that ECO needs - eg. type of contract, salary, start date, employers details...

RINAV just for the record it can make a difference. So please dont advise people incorrectly. The settlement visa are subject to scrtiny and there is a possibility they contact your employer to confirm your status. Even though you got a new job, they could technically contact your currenty employer and your employer will tell them you have left. Then the BHC will most likely refuse your application if they have no knowledge of your new job. (this is the worst case scenario). You can send a fax in to UKVISAS or you could even request to delay your start day at your new employer if thats a possibility. The other thing you can do is email UKhub and find out whether your application has been processed as to date.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 pm

b92753 wrote:
rinav wrote:Hi Happi

RINAV just for the record it can make a difference. So please dont advise people incorrectly. The settlement visa are subject to scrtiny and there is a possibility they contact your employer to confirm your status. Even though you got a new job, they could technically contact your currenty employer and your employer will tell them you have left. Then the BHC will most likely refuse your application if they have no knowledge of your new job. (this is the worst case scenario). You can send a fax in to UKVISAS or you could even request to delay your start day at your new employer if thats a possibility. The other thing you can do is email UKhub and find out whether your application has been processed as to date.
Just as a side note, none of us are allowed to advise. Registered advisors are the only ones that can do so. As we are not, these are just our expressed oppinions. So people need to consult what everyone on this forum says with a professional or refer to the ukba guidance forms for definite facts.

I do agree with you though. It would be best if he could notify wherever it is that he sent the documents to (I don't think the op mentioned where he's applying from) of the change.
I tell it like it is.

happi.ocholloh

Post by happi.ocholloh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:28 am

Hiya,
thanks for your answers. I applied in India, Bangalore. Been trying to find a way of seeing how far the process is. No one seems to have any information. Ill do as you suggested and fax them. Again they havent been so helpful in telling me where to fax.

thanks
Happi

happi.ocholloh

Post by happi.ocholloh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:29 am

and can I ask you what is the uk hub? that I can email

thanks again

Happi

rinav

Post by rinav » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:28 pm

I was not advising anyone...if you read my post clearly I did say 'as far as I know' - this is because I have read on other topics and other forums that this is the situation. When you use the terms 'as far as I know' it clearly does not mean that I am advising - in fact it states that I am unsure. I did at the end of the post put down that the OP should notify the BHC etc. Did you all miss that part???.

Read the posts clearly and understand the language implied before jumping on to criticise.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 pm

rinav wrote:I was not advising anyone...if you read my post clearly I did say 'as far as I know' - this is because I have read on other topics and other forums that this is the situation. When you use the terms 'as far as I know' it clearly does not mean that I am advising - in fact it states that I am unsure. I did at the end of the post put down that the OP should notify the BHC etc. Did you all miss that part???.

Read the posts clearly and understand the language implied before jumping on to criticise.
I was talking to b92753 as he/she said " So please dont advise people incorrectly" and I was just saying we don't adivse, we just put forth our oppinions.
I tell it like it is.

rinav

Post by rinav » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:09 pm

I was talking to b92753 as he/she said " So please dont advise people incorrectly" and I was just saying we don't adivse, we just put forth our oppinions.[/quote]

Sorry but I just saw red...I never give advice and sometimes people need to think about how they are posting things. People are entitled to give their opinions.