ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for advice about Fiance(e) visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:37 pm

MisfitMeL wrote: P.S. RattleSnake - Did you get your russian bride?! :P
No :( :cry: :( :cry:

Despite 100's of hours of searching i failed to find a suitable bride , many mentioned being willing to cook and clean but none were mute :cry: .

Valentines day will be just me and my dawg , life is sad my dear :( .

:wink:

Have a great weekend :D and enjoy Valentines 8)
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:05 pm

RattleSnake wrote:

Despite 100's of hours of searching i failed to find a suitable bride , many mentioned being willing to cook and clean but none were mute :cry: .

Dog's are fun....except when you're having a bad day and you come home to a poop sandwhich!!!

You will not find your mute dream woman, we like to talk, A LOT!
I tell it like it is.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:15 pm

ElenaW wrote:
RattleSnake wrote:

Dog's are fun....except when you're having a bad day and you come home to a poop sandwhich!!!

He does not poop/pee in the house anymore :wink: . I may pm you some info regarding his only problem . He had his booster jab today , Sunday will be 1 year since he 1st arrived here :D . I am cooking him pork chops (Not the cheap ones either) . It is not a treat as such a he usually has what i have for my evening meal (and i have a expensive taste buds)so he is used to things like pork chops etc . My mother has labelled him a spoiled dog , she is cold and demented with her wicked words :( She lives just down the road from me , so Everybody Loves Raymond (without the comedy :lol: )

I know women enjoy yapping hence why i am single ... shockingly it has been ages since i last had a head ache hmmmmm .

Ok i best shut up or i run the risk of boring you and Mel , yeah yeah yeah i know , i am to funky to get boring but i thought i would mention the boring bit so i would seem humble ...
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:24 pm

To get this back on track for Mel , this was her post and her question . Gurus , can you offer some advice please ?
MisfitMeL wrote:Hello!! Hope you've all had a good week! :D

Ok, question - Fiance is self-employed and is a one man company. We are planning to provide a copy of his company accounts for the past two years as part of 'proof' of his financial status.

I mentioned to him about getting the company accounts notarized. However, when he spoke to his solicitor about this, there is an issue.

The solicitor said he can't really notarize the accounts as fiance could have just printed anything out. He could verify that fiance's signature on the accounts is genuine but not that the actual accounts are genuine, if you get what I mean?! :?

Is there a work around this? Do we have to provide company accounts? For the past two years? If yes, how do we show the ECO that it is genuine?

Have a great weekend... i'm knackered!

P.S. RattleSnake - Did you get your russian bride?! :P

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:11 pm

RattleSnake wrote:
ElenaW wrote:
RattleSnake wrote:

He does not poop/pee in the house anymore :wink: . I may pm you some info regarding his only problem . He had his booster jab today , Sunday will be 1 year since he 1st arrived here :D . I am cooking him pork chops (Not the cheap ones either) . It is not a treat as such a he usually has what i have for my evening meal (and i have a expensive taste buds)so he is used to things like pork chops etc . My mother has labelled him a spoiled dog , she is cold and demented with her wicked words :( She lives just down the road from me , so Everybody Loves Raymond (without the comedy :lol: )

I know women enjoy yapping hence why i am single ... shockingly it has been ages since i last had a head ache hmmmmm .

Ok i best shut up or i run the risk of boring you and Mel , yeah yeah yeah i know , i am to funky to get boring but i thought i would mention the boring bit so i would seem humble ...
Mine only sh*ts in the house if I leave him for too long. Otherwise he's good.

Not yapping! We like to express our feelings!!!

p.s. your mom's right *runs away*
I tell it like it is.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Is there a work around this? Do we have to provide company accounts? For the past two years? If yes, how do we show the ECO that it is genuine?
Yes you have to do.They do not need to be notarized by a solicior but have to be certified by his accountant as being true

Can we keep the contents of this topic relevant to the originalpost and not hijack it to irrelevant and frivilous matters that have nothing to to do with the topic.

Can we also use less Emoticons/smileys please.It lloks like they are more here on this post than the whole damn forum.

Sorry to be a spoil sport

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:13 am

Do the accounts have to be from the past two years? I was trying to hunt down an official statement of this requirement on the UKBA website or elsewhere but couldn't find it! :(

Also, to whom does the accountant address his letter to?

I've told bf it could be 'To whom it may concern' or something like that, but is there a better alternative? Like the ECO? What does ECO stand for again?! :oops:

Ack! Late for work... must dash! :x

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 am

Yes they should be two years.

It should be addressed " To Whom it may Concern"

ECO= Entry Clearance Officer

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Thanks for being so dedicated to my thread BatleyKhan! :D

Ok, it's a long story but the short of it is, that my passport has only my first and middle name in it. The last name is missing :(

This makes for a lot of hassle but I can usually work around it. My application will obviously have my strange amputated name, but I was wondering about the marriage bit.

We are going to book a provisional date with the registry office and get paperwork from them as part of the proof, but I was wondering what would happen at the time of the marriage registration? Would I be able to use my full name or not? I don't really want the marriage certificate to be without my last name.

I'm not sure how this would affect the immigration procedures too.

I need to look at what is involved in rectifying my passport but I'm sure it would take a long time and hassle.... so planning to do it after I get married as I'll have to include hubby's name in it anyway. Do I just explain all this in a letter to the ECO?
My school/college/uni certificates and papers have my full name so do my employee contracts etc.

But then if the marriage certificate has my full name on it and my passport doesn't.. would that cause problems with my future spouse visa? or is there a possibility of this issue affecting my current fiance application?

Sorry, if this is the wrong place to ask these questions, especially if this is not an area that any of you deal with. It's definitely an odd situation :?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:02 am

We are going to book a provisional date with the registry office and get paperwork from them as part of the proof, but I was wondering what would happen at the time of the marriage registration? Would I be able to use my full name or not? I don't really want the marriage certificate to be without my last name.
Yes you can. Thye will put whatever name you decide to choose on the marriage certificate .

That will become your married name which you will have to use in the future for everything else

Batleykhan
P.A to Mis fit Mel :D :lol:

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Whoo hoo!! My very own PA 8)

Gosh, things are moving along... most of the documents are ready or nearly there!! Still a few things to get done though.

Fiance is getting ready to write the sponsor letter now!

Any tips folks? Or samples that we could look at?

I found a couple on the Transpondia website, but I was wondering if there were any others floating about on the internet that could be useful too?

I guess we title it to the ECO, but what address do we use? The samples I've seen have addresses on them but I'm not sure what to use as I don't know where this application will be sent to :?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 pm

You obviously havent seen mine at the top of the page(sticky) under the header visitors sponsorship letter. You just need to amend to a spouse letter

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Hello BatleyKhan and the other helpful folk around here! It's me again! :D

Sorry Batley, I noticed the sponsor letter soon after I posted the message. It is a very useful post though and along with two other examples, we have managed to write up the sponsor letter :D

Question though (can't remember if I have already asked this!) - Apart from the sponsor letter, does my fiance also have to include a Sponsorship Declaration form? I thought it was only for visitors?

We have been working on getting all of the documents ready and I have compiled a list of what we have already or plan to include. Could anyone have a look at it and let me know if there are any potential problems or maybe something else that needs to be provided? It would really be appreciated!

Sponsor's Documents

Notarized copy of passport

RBS Current A/c statements (July 2009 - Jan 2010)

RBS Savings A/c statements (Dec 2008- 2009)

Bank of Scotland account statements (Aug 2009 - Feb 2010)

Intelligent Finance Current A/c (6 months)

Intelligent Finance Savings A/c (annual statement to Aug 2009)

Company Bank Accounts (Oct 2009 - Jan 2010)

Letter from Company and Accountant stating income for past two years

Mortgage statement (Jan 2009 - Aug 2009)

Land Register: Title

Land Register: Ordnance survey map

Council Tax bill

Electricity bill

Electoral Registration Letter

Provisional Marriage Registration booking with a letter from Applicant showing why she is unable to sign the form in person (This letter has been submitted to the Registrar and kept on file until I get there and can sign it myself)

Printouts of online O2 phone bills

Screenshots of emails

Pictures together with dates at the back

Printouts of TWO EasyJet online bookings for holidays to Syria and London

Photocopy of Syrian visa and Entry stamp (to correspond with our holiday together)

Pictures of rooms of house with dimensions at the back

Greeting cards exchanged between us

Sponsor Letter

Applicant's Documents

Passport (Current)

Passport (Old)

Passport size picture with name written at the back

Application Fee (Demand Draft)

Tuberculosis Certificate (needed?)

Letter from Applicant (especially detailing discrepancy in my name)

Copy of Syrian + Amsterdam visas to correspond with travel together

Emails about wedding dress discussion with dressmakers/invitations etc

CV and printouts of job ads

Copy of National Insurance number

My degree certificate from University (Postgrad)

Phew! Ok, is that everything? :?

Would it be a drawback if the bank statements are not exactly six months prior to the application date? Coz it obviously took a while to get the statements and send them out to me. Also, my fiance wasn't working for a while, so he prefers to show statements from a bit earlier where there is money coming in. Will this be a problem? The funds are fairly sufficient when all accounts are combined.

What about the greeting cards? There are some very personal messages in them :oops: Do we have to part with them permanently or are they just checked at the centre and handed back to me? Do they actually read what's inside? :oops:

Regarding my passport sized photo.. is it ok that it has a white background? I think I had a bit of an argument with the photo studio guy as I remember somewhere on the website saying something like grey or cream but he kept insisting that it was white and he's been doing this for years :roll:

I don't think I need a TB certificate right since I am in India? Didn't see India listed amongst the countries but just wanted to double check.

Thanks again in advance :P

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:31 pm

I think you have more than enough for the application to succeed.

So go head and apply and then keep your fingers crossed :P

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Urgent and important question folks! Hope you can help!!

My fiance is an IT consultant/contractor and has his own company. He has given me tax statements and earnings for the previous two financial years, he doesn't have any for this year (i.e. Apr 09 - Mar 10) since he was out of a job (and took some time off work) and wasn't earning (but not on benefits since he was living off his savings). He's been working since Feb 2010 now but obviously there's not much to show for in the accounts.

He wanted me to get the application in before the end of march so that he didn't have to show this year's tax statement. Due to some unforseen circumstances, I am planning to submit the application in the first or second week of April. So I guess the ECO will demand this year's statement? Is there any work around this? I suggested mentioning the genuine reason in the sponsor letter, but he's upset because he feels his not having a job through most of last year could ruin our chances.

What do you think? Is this going to adversely affect my application or not? Sorry, just getting a little stressed out about this :(

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:18 pm

MisfitMel, I would think the key is providing evidence that shows he is likely to find work in the UK when he needs to.

His most recent statements should show that he has worked since February. You want to give an idea of what his normal income would be if he were working full-time: you may need to go back to the earlier years to show this.

He should explain gaps in work in his covering letter: if they're voluntary, then it's not so much of a problem. If they were involuntary, then explain that he was able to live off his savings and didn't claim benefits: clearly he's a prudent kind of person!

I expect others will be able to offer more advice from experience: that's just my tuppence ha'apennorth (whatever that is after inflation!).

Edited to add: What has he done to investigate the job market in the UK? Can you provide examples of job adverts for the kind of work he will be looking for?

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:45 pm

Kitty wrote:MisfitMel, I would think the key is providing evidence that shows he is likely to find work in the UK when he needs to.

His most recent statements should show that he has worked since February. You want to give an idea of what his normal income would be if he were working full-time: you may need to go back to the earlier years to show this.

He should explain gaps in work in his covering letter: if they're voluntary, then it's not so much of a problem. If they were involuntary, then explain that he was able to live off his savings and didn't claim benefits: clearly he's a prudent kind of person!

I expect others will be able to offer more advice from experience: that's just my tuppence ha'apennorth (whatever that is after inflation!).

Edited to add: What has he done to investigate the job market in the UK? Can you provide examples of job adverts for the kind of work he will be looking for?

Thank you for the tip Kitty!

He can find work when he wants, I'm just not sure how to prove that.

His 10 month unemployment was kinda both - involuntary and voluntary. His contract had ended and he wanted to take time off after the stressful project, so he didn't really take up some of the new offers that came his way.

Eventually he took up the 2 month contract in Feb since it was paying good money. It's done now, but he starts a new job in about a week. He's never been short of job offers but they are all unofficial - through friends and ex-colleagues, most of whom are contractors like him, so they have a bit of a network in recruiting each other every time there's a new contract on the table.

He is listed as a company director and hence is not allowed to claim benefits even if he is out of work, since I think he can still 'pay' himself through the company. So he's always lived off his savings when not in a contract.

Not sure how showing job adverts will help, since he hasn't had to 'apply' for a job for years now :lol:

I thought that if we just explained that in the sponsor letter, it wouldn't cause much of a problem, especially since he has a reasonably healthy bank balance and a new contract that will pay well. But he is really worried about his unemployment causing a bad impression and it's making me paranoid too :(

The previous two years show a steady income, it's just the past year that's been quiet on the earnings.

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 pm

following on t the point that was made relating to Notice of Intended Marriage, can anyone advise further on what would be accepted for my Fiancee's (Chinese) application to prove our plans for marriage? neither of us are religious and we will just be having a simple registry office affair, we have not decided on a date yet and I am getting very confused with the Certificate of Approval......I thought a fiancee visa covered this?

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Anon Mouse wrote:following on t the point that was made relating to Notice of Intended Marriage, can anyone advise further on what would be accepted for my Fiancee's (Chinese) application to prove our plans for marriage? neither of us are religious and we will just be having a simple registry office affair, we have not decided on a date yet and I am getting very confused with the Certificate of Approval......I thought a fiancee visa covered this?

As far as I know, you don't need a COA if you are getting a fiancee visa.

In our case, it's going to be a simple civil wedding too, but we decided to just pick a date and fill up a marriage booking form at a registry office. We had to pay a small deposit. I have gotten a copy of the receipt and will be using that as part of my evidence.

I've emailed someone about getting a simple wedding gown altered etc, so going to provide a printout of that too. Maybe I will also print out websites I have visited to look at getting wedding invitations, favours etc... not really sure how else to make it look like we're getting married, since we don't want to make too many plans in case I don't get the visa!!! Makes that a catch 22 situation :x

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:25 pm

MisfitMeL wrote:
Anon Mouse wrote:following on t the point that was made relating to Notice of Intended Marriage, can anyone advise further on what would be accepted for my Fiancee's (Chinese) application to prove our plans for marriage? neither of us are religious and we will just be having a simple registry office affair, we have not decided on a date yet and I am getting very confused with the Certificate of Approval......I thought a fiancee visa covered this?

As far as I know, you don't need a COA if you are getting a fiancee visa.

In our case, it's going to be a simple civil wedding too, but we decided to just pick a date and fill up a marriage booking form at a registry office. We had to pay a small deposit. I have gotten a copy of the receipt and will be using that as part of my evidence.

I've emailed someone about getting a simple wedding gown altered etc, so going to provide a printout of that too. Maybe I will also print out websites I have visited to look at getting wedding invitations, favours etc... not really sure how else to make it look like we're getting married, since we don't want to make too many plans in case I don't get the visa!!! Makes that a catch 22 situation :x
thank you, thats similar to our situation too. My Fiancee is currently in China, will I be able to fill in a marriage booking form by myself without her with me? I might print out some websites too, just hope thats enough for the Home Office

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Anon Mouse wrote: thank you, thats similar to our situation too. My Fiancee is currently in China, will I be able to fill in a marriage booking form by myself without her with me? I might print out some websites too, just hope thats enough for the Home Office

Yes, you fill in a booking form at the registrar office, pay a deposit and sign it. They will need the bride's signature too, but a work around is if she can send out a letter saying that since she is abroad at the moment, she won't be able to sign it in person, and she will do it when she gets to the UK. They will keep the letter to compare signatures. Or at least that's what they did for me, so don't see why it shouldn't be the same for you :D

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:00 pm

MisfitMeL wrote:
Anon Mouse wrote: thank you, thats similar to our situation too. My Fiancee is currently in China, will I be able to fill in a marriage booking form by myself without her with me? I might print out some websites too, just hope thats enough for the Home Office

Yes, you fill in a booking form at the registrar office, pay a deposit and sign it. They will need the bride's signature too, but a work around is if she can send out a letter saying that since she is abroad at the moment, she won't be able to sign it in person, and she will do it when she gets to the UK. They will keep the letter to compare signatures. Or at least that's what they did for me, so don't see why it shouldn't be the same for you :D
I hope that is accepted, I've just sent an email to the registrar asking permission to do this, hopefully I will get a reply as soon as possible

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Anon Mouse wrote: I hope that is accepted, I've just sent an email to the registrar asking permission to do this, hopefully I will get a reply as soon as possible
Yep, give it a try and see what they have to say. I'm sure if you explain the situation to them, they will be willing to assist. They must deal with similar cases like this often. Good luck to the both of us :D

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm

MisfitMeL wrote:
Anon Mouse wrote: I hope that is accepted, I've just sent an email to the registrar asking permission to do this, hopefully I will get a reply as soon as possible
Yep, give it a try and see what they have to say. I'm sure if you explain the situation to them, they will be willing to assist. They must deal with similar cases like this often. Good luck to the both of us :D
Thanks for your help, if that fails I will have to write a covering letter stating that we wish to marry in a registry office and that we need stay in the local area 7 clear days before we can do a notice of marriage, I am not sure if the Home Office would accept that......

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Ooohhh I have my appointment booked for the 13th!!! :o

Wish me luck!!! :P

P.S. Do I have to submit my old passport too? Or can I leave that out as I am providing the old passport number in my application...

Anyway I'll have a few more questions, but I shall save that for later :lol: