ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for advice about Fiance(e) visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:45 pm

MisfitMeL wrote:Ooohhh I have my appointment booked for the 13th!!! :o

Wish me luck!!! :P

P.S. Do I have to submit my old passport too? Or can I leave that out as I am providing the old passport number in my application...

Anyway I'll have a few more questions, but I shall save that for later :lol:
Good luck, I wish you well :)

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Yes I'm back with questions!! :lol:

While filling up the VAF4A application form, I've got a few doubts....

What is the main purpose of your application to come to the UK?
Not exactly sure how to word my answer - joining my sponsor as his fiance? moving with intent to marry and settle with my fiance? :?

1.3 Other names (including any other names you are known by and/or any other names that you have been known by)
I have issues with my names. My passport incorrectly shows only my first and middle name. The last name was missed out because of a blunder many moons ago :roll: So do I list my 'proper' name in this section? Several documents (like my degree certs, employment contract etc) either show my full name or my first and last name.
I also plan to 'explain' this issue in my applicant letter. Would that be a good idea or a waste of time?

1.5 Marital status?
I guess I'm still single right? 8)

3.1 Your full residential address
I guess I have to give my current address and not my home where mum lives... Do they actually use this address for any communication in the future? Coz I'll be moving out from this place in a month or two.

8.4.13 Have you or your sponsor ever been married or in a long-term marriage like relationship before?
My fiance has and so I have listed the years he had been cohabiting with his ex-girlfriends and the location. Is that sufficient or does there need to be some more info?

P.S. Thanks for the well wishes Anon Mouse! :D

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:14 am

A tiny bump!

:P

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:24 am

MisfitMeL wrote:Yes I'm back with questions!! :lol:

While filling up the VAF4A application form, I've got a few doubts....

What is the main purpose of your application to come to the UK?
Not exactly sure how to word my answer - joining my sponsor as his fiance? moving with intent to marry and settle with my fiance? :?

To join my fiance in UK

1.3 Other names (including any other names you are known by and/or any other names that you have been known by)
I have issues with my names. My passport incorrectly shows only my first and middle name. The last name was missed out because of a blunder many moons ago :roll: So do I list my 'proper' name in this section? Several documents (like my degree certs, employment contract etc) either show my full name or my first and last name.
I also plan to 'explain' this issue in my applicant letter. Would that be a good idea or a waste of time?

Put whatever name is in your passport. If you have been known by other names put those in as well in the appropiate section of the form

1.5 Marital status?
I guess I'm still single right? 8)

Yes- only you know that best

3.1 Your full residential address
I guess I have to give my current address and not my home where mum lives... Do they actually use this address for any communication in the future? Coz I'll be moving out from this place in a month or two.

Yes because they will want to write to you to let you know if your application is succesful or not, but In India they will normally phone you as post is not that reliable.

You coud put your mums address as your contact address if you want to. It will be more reliable

8.4.13 Have you or your sponsor ever been married or in a long-term marriage like relationship before?
My fiance has and so I have listed the years he had been cohabiting with his ex-girlfriends and the location. Is that sufficient or does there need to be some more info?

If he has not been married before I would put No.

But like you have stated that he has been cohabiting with his "ex girlfriends" , then yes you have done right in declaring it

P.S. Thanks for the well wishes Anon Mouse! :D

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Sat May 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Wow! It's been a month since my last post :shock:

Life's been filled with quite a bit of drama since then, but I finally submitted my fiance application yesterday morning!!!

Now it's going to be about a 60 day wait :(

Didn't realise this before so I think we will have to change our wedding plans at some point in the near future. Will there be a problem if we change our wedding date by a month or two, considering it was tentative any way?

At least we've finally got all that stuff sent. What a hassle it's been! I can now actually focus on planning our wedding but I won't be able to be excited about it until I get the visa

Thanks for all the advice folks, especially BatleyKhan! I shall just have to keep my fingers crossed and be patient while crossing out each day on the calendar

I'll still be around to pester you all since I need to look into getting documentation ready for my mum's visit visa at some point. Can she apply as soon as I get mine? It would be great if I could help her with it before I fly out for the wedding since she'll be pretty clueless without me around

Oh! and do I need to provide some sort of documents for a medical examination or something? I wasn't asked to or anything so not sure if that is needed as part of my application
Should I get a TB test and certificate done? I don't think India is on the list of countries that need to have it :?

Ok I'm still posting questions :oops: I think I'll stop and go and have a drink or two! Have a good weekend everyone

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Tue May 25, 2010 10:40 pm

I've just came back from China and my fiancee has applied for the visa. We supplied plenty of documentation and the staff at the visa centre seemed to think we had more than enough evidence, however my fiancee now needs to go for an interview. In anyones opinion iss this likely to be a good or bad omen?

cheers

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Omg omg omg omg!!

I just decided on a whim to check the visa tracking coz I'd forgotten about it for a few weeks... and this was the message -
Your Application is being sent to the application center. Please wait until it is ready for collection.

ACK!! I'm sooooo nervous.... could be good news or not .... somebody hold me :P

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:30 pm

MisfitMeL wrote:Omg omg omg omg!!

I just decided on a whim to check the visa tracking coz I'd forgotten about it for a few weeks... and this was the message -
Your Application is being sent to the application center. Please wait until it is ready for collection.

ACK!! I'm sooooo nervous.... could be good news or not .... somebody hold me :P
OK I am right behind you to hold you when you faint out (hopefully on hearing the good news) :P

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:51 pm

batleykhan wrote: OK I am right behind you to hold you when you faint out (hopefully on hearing the good news) :P
Thank you!! *finges, toes and eyes crossed*

aminehmoh

Post by aminehmoh » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:11 pm

We are waiting for a Fiancé Visa to come through - my fiancé was here for 5 years (in the UK) and had to have a medical then (at Heathrow).. does he need another one if we get this visa (he is in India)?

We applied for the visa on 04/05/2010 does anyone know when we should expect a decision.. its the 54th working day today?

Thanks for all information

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:54 pm

I've not had to do a medical so far. If I get the visa, I'm wondering if I should do one before I fly out :?

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Good Luck Mel !

Post by SBT_Owner » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Good luck to you Mel .

I hope it is good news my dear 8)
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:31 pm

I got the visa!!!!!!!!!! woooo hoooooo!! :D :D 8) :P

I'm still in shock I think. Can't believe it!!

Thanks everyone for your help and well wishes, especially BatleyKhan. I've pestered him quite a bit :oops:

Don't worry, I'll still be around here coz I have loads of other questions, but for now, I'm just gonna party the weekend away *dances*

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:58 pm

:D

Fab news. Congratulations!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Brilliant news.So happy for you Misfit :D

aminehmoh

Post by aminehmoh » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:57 pm

I have searched this forum - people who applied for a fiancé visa the same week as us have already been received..

we applied on the 4th of may.. should we start calling them now??

Cant handle all this waiting!!

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Thank you kitty and batleykhan! I appreciate all the time you've spent answering my Qs :D

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:54 pm

aminehmoh wrote:I have searched this forum - people who applied for a fiancé visa the same week as us have already been received..

we applied on the 4th of may.. should we start calling them now??

Cant handle all this waiting!!

Sorry to hear that aminehmoh. What is the most recent turnaround time for your centre?

aminehmoh

Post by aminehmoh » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:38 am

Well i rang the High Commission and they said 50 working days?

I will call them again today..

I'm so nervous!! its potentially life changing!
Fiancé returning to UK 18/08/2010!!!
Visa Collected and Visa ISSUED 12/08/2010
Applied for Fiancé Visa on 04/05/2010

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Good luck aminehmoh. Let us know how you get on :D

dman2000
Newly Registered

Post by dman2000 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:11 am

hi alll

do you know the financial requuiremnts for a fiance visa??

coz i earn 800 a month and im left with 200 or 300 a month depending on my hours at work that i can put on contract if i wanted to but i want to know if my financial status is good enough as in im debt free but all i pay for is my fancy big tv ehehe that is only 30 pounds a week... and pay 300 for a flat and 100 for concil payment...

my flat is one room but big with a little Spam and shower room and enough room for a tv and other stuff

please help i would really apreciate it!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:24 am

You will need a minimum of around £420 per month for a couple to live on in this country ( after payment of council tax and bills etc).

Questions maybe asked about the accommodation as well.

dman2000
Newly Registered

Post by dman2000 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Thank you so much for replying!

i have no debts and my flat is one big room does size of the flat matter?

does tips from the restaurant count as financial support coz they would help with me bills too coz i get tipped very well at the restaurant i work in,

if i have saved 200 for the next month to show the uk border agency i have £420 left with me for extra money each month OR does it have to be in one payment that i have £ 420 left??

I would be very grateful if you reply to my post

i dont want to let my fiance down to be with the same job coz it would help me now to get a busyer job somewhere esle/

Thank your for your time

Kind Regards

Dominic Booth

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Tips dont constitute part of your wages.Its an additional amount on top of your wage,however these can vary and you are not guarnteed to recieve them at all time and therefoire cannnot be classified as income

The ECO will want to know that you can save up to £410 (to be precise ) after you have paid bills etc out of your wage ( which you will have to provide as evidence).

A good ECO might be able to assess this from the incoming and outgoings from your last 6 months bank statements that you have to provide as part of the application.

The ECO has to judge whether you have sufficient funds available to maintain , support and accomodate your fiancee without recourse to public funds if and when she come s here.

dman2000
Newly Registered

Post by dman2000 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Again i thank you so much for your reply!

but if i start saving now and show i have £420 each month from £200 i i saved the month before that is enough to keep my finances maintained to prove that i have enough to support her??

so what would matter more??

how much i save or how much i earn??

coz once i have 200 a month i can start the ball rolling to how i have £420 a month for her because i will save a lot for her and not be in my flat much anyways coz of work or hobbies such as bike rides that i dont spend my money on...

I would be even more grateful that i already am if u reply to my post
because i want to bring her here in april and i dont want to disapoint her.... she has enough troubles as it is..