ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal this week thursday

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

moma

appeal this week thursday

Post by moma » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:21 pm

I wrote to AIT to get my appeal expedited and i got a date less than 2 weeks from the date i posted the letter. now prob is im getting really nervous no one can calm my nervous. my hubby's going to be there.

Now my concern is that i was refused due to me being an overstayer, reason is i contrived to frustrate the rules. we have tried to address all points raised by the ECO but still nervous. Question is do i stand a chance of getting my visa / appeal allowed given that i overstayed. even though i continued studying whilst the HO claimed to be dealing with my case and the BHC withheld my documents as well so now i cant use them at the hearing and i didnt get copies.

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Moma

Gosh the amount of people who have been overstayers for one reson or another and then applied for spouse visa and been turned down initially is unreal, there are plenty of cases out there that have been refused on those grounds but have also been overturned and granted.

If the HO have wronged you then, it all adds up in your favour.....has youre hubby got any legal representation for you?

Hope everything goes ok....fingers crossed!!!
???REUNITED???

Thomas45
BANNED

Re: appeal this week thursday

Post by Thomas45 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:08 pm

moma wrote:I wrote to AIT to get my appeal expedited and i got a date less than 2 weeks from the date i posted the letter. now prob is im getting really nervous no one can calm my nervous. my hubby's going to be there.

Now my concern is that i was refused due to me being an overstayer, reason is i contrived to frustrate the rules. we have tried to address all points raised by the ECO but still nervous. Question is do i stand a chance of getting my visa / appeal allowed given that i overstayed. even though i continued studying whilst the HO claimed to be dealing with my case and the BHC withheld my documents as well so now i cant use them at the hearing and i didnt get copies.
Good luck for your appeal Moma, can you tell me was sort of reasons you gave for expediting your appeal.

moma

Post by moma » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:17 pm

@ prettypolitical thank u pretty political u have a been of great help, ur letter to AIT was priceless gave me hope. the HO was wrong sent refusal and deportation order to wrong address yet i had told them i was moving to a new address in my application.i had nearly forgotten being 6 years.my hubby found the letter among the bundle from HO which i got when i made a freedom of info request.

@ thomas well i wrote from the heart and my circumsatnces my baby had on going medical care in the UK and it has been canclled due to non attendance, how it affected us and if u have a child look at section 55 new law stating cases involving children should be dealt with urgency.stuff like that but be factual and objective dont want to come out looking too emotional. look at pretty political letter gave me loads of ideas of course i changed and added accordingly. and i also had letters from local doctor and from the UK.

thanks guys

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Moma

you are very welcome its a difficult situation to be in especially with kids involved i hope all goes well on Thursday, i will be thinking of you all, please give us an update of how well it went even if you dont know the outcoem...i almost feel as though its me!!! :)
???REUNITED???

katiebridges87
Newly Registered

Post by katiebridges87 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:05 pm

good luck moma!!hope all goes well for you :)

moma

Post by moma » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:31 am

hey guys good news i suppose my appeal was allowed now just waitin for call letter.thanx u for all ur kind words it helps put things into perspective.should be flying home soon.

anyone with an idea how long it takes decision rec'd tuesday last week. The consular is South Africa. thank u once more i will keep logging on and answer questions about my journey/ ordeal.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Congratulations :D

Zaryaab
Newly Registered

speeding up appeal

Post by Zaryaab » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:01 pm

dear moma, can u please guide and advise me for expediating appeal. My husband appeal is pending until 02nJune 2010. I am in UK with 3 young children. I am diabetic and insulin dependent. Would these ground with doctor letter can help in expediaing my husband appeal. thankyou

moma

Post by moma » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:40 am

im not sure if i can really answer that but its worth a shot , just explaining ur situation the effect this has on u ur children and so for. Its hard to say what u should do cos u dont give much detail u can try no harm trying right right from the heart. and all u write should be backed by some official letter and evidence.if ur children are affected include that look at prettypolitical's topics they really helped me.

moma

Post by moma » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:40 am

im not sure if i can really answer that but its worth a shot , just explaining ur situation the effect this has on u ur children and so for. Its hard to say what u should do cos u dont give much detail u can try no harm trying right right from the heart. and all u write should be backed by some official letter and evidence.if ur children are affected include that look at prettypolitical's topics they really helped me.

Zaryaab
Newly Registered

Overturned decision

Post by Zaryaab » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanku Moma and pretypolitical,,,thanks for ur guidance. My husband wrtoe from heart to expediate the appeal on last friday which was 26 Feb and today he phoned from pakistan to AIT and was informed that the decision is overturned by the ECM. so quick and positive. They told that he will recieve a letter from HO. Any idea how long would that be..and can that be expediated too on the same ground. love u all