ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job requirement for Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Job requirement for Spouse Visa Application

Post by jamesmad » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi there,
I have bit of a tricky and unexpected situation to deal with. I appreciate your valuable input.

I have been in full time permanent employment in the UK for last five years or so. Due to some compassionate circumstances, I had to resign from my job last month, and have come outside the UK to manage the circumstances for 3-4 months. I am still maintaining my rented accomodation in the UK. Now I have met someone while living abroad and thinking to get married soon :).

Now I have following questions:

1. Once/Before I decide to come back to the UK in few months time, can I initiate the visa process for my wife (spouse visa outside the UK) without having any job in hand? e.g. If I intend to come back to the UK in June 2010, can I apply for her visa in April/May 2010?

Note: Since I am maintaining my accomodation in the UK, we can live there for our sole use upon return to the UK. Also, I can show available funds in my bank account which should be enough to demonstrate that I can support myself and wife for at least up to a year. I am not sure if there is a rule to show minimum amount for such funds?

2. I am optimistic (fingers crossed) that I should be able to find a new job once I am back in the UK. Can anyone explain if the sponsor must be in a paid employment or it is case worker's discretion?

3. For some reason I can't access www.ukvisas.gov.uk website to read through the application forms/guidances notes. Please share the link if you have once.

It's a bit difficult situation but (I guess) such things happen when we are least expecting them, so any input is much appreciated to help me deal with the visa process. I really hope that I can apply for her visa while I am here and provide sufficient information to satisfy the visa officer.

Thanks,

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Do you have ILR?

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Yes - sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a british passport.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Job requirement for Spouse Visa Application

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:16 am

hI

Answer is very simple...

For maintenance you need at least £100.75 per week(Income level for two persons) after paying council tax and accommodation...so if you have this you would be fine..

Although job is a plus plus point for maintenance but if you have good saving and have excellent work experience then you would be fine..

Hope answer the question..

UK_Banned_Member

jamesmad
Newly Registered

Post by jamesmad » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks UK_Banned_Member.

I assume that you are referring to some standard income level which is defined by the UK government/BIA.

Should the required amount cover maintainenance for the entire 24/27 months period or a year should be sufficient? e.g. I am calculating 1000£ per month (accomodation incl. council tax) + 500£ per month for other living expenses. Therefore, I am wondering whether the amount of 25-30k in my bank should be sufficient

Also, is there a case worker guide or any written BIA information that enforces your opinion above?

Many thanks

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:06 pm

jamesmad wrote:Thanks UK_Banned_Member.
Therefore, I am wondering whether the amount of 25-30k in my bank should be sufficient

Many thanks
With savings in those amounts you will satisfy the financial aspect.
I tell it like it is.