ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Certificate Of Approval - Urgent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HMRB

Question on Certificate Of Approval - Urgent

Post by HMRB » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:54 pm

My partner who is on HSMP needs to apply for a COA so we both can get married.. found this out thanks to this forum. I am on ILR.

Question is do I need to send my passport too when he applies for his COA?

It is urgent as I need to do this ASAP for some reason!! Any help would be highly appreciated.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Question on Certificate Of Approval - Urgent

Post by ElenaW » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:28 pm

HMRB wrote:My partner who is on HSMP needs to apply for a COA so we both can get married.. found this out thanks to this forum. I am on ILR.

Question is do I need to send my passport too when he applies for his COA?

It is urgent as I need to do this ASAP for some reason!! Any help would be highly appreciated.
Read the COA form guidance and form itself. It will tell you exactly what you need to include. There are no tricks, very straight forward.
I tell it like it is.

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 am

ElenaW: I have read the form and the guidance notes for COA but it is unclear if I need to send my passport or not. I have ILR.

So, do I need to send my passport when he applies for his COA??!!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Hi

Post by ElenaW » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:08 am

HMRB wrote:ElenaW: I have read the form and the guidance notes for COA but it is unclear if I need to send my passport or not. I have ILR.

So, do I need to send my passport when he applies for his COA??!!
Yes
I tell it like it is.

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:13 am

Yes you need to send your passport as well.

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 am

Thank you Panesar! I'm on it now.. :-)

tapash

Post by tapash » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:46 pm

Panesar wrote:Yes you need to send your passport as well.
I am also going to apply for COA. I am on ILR. Do i need to send my Birth certificate and my fiancee's as well? None of us ever married before, nor we had any civil partnership. So we we need to have marital status certificate for both of us? Thanks

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:45 am

tapash wrote:
I am also going to apply for COA. I am on ILR. Do i need to send my Birth certificate and my fiancee's as well? None of us ever married before, nor we had any civil partnership. So we we need to have marital status certificate for both of us? Thanks
Passports. No marital status certificates needed. Just tick the right boxes that ask if you've ever been married before.
I tell it like it is.

tapash

Post by tapash » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:54 pm

ElenaW wrote:
tapash wrote:
Passports. No marital status certificates needed. Just tick the right boxes that ask if you've ever been married before.
While filling up the COA form in Section 5.8......

5 . 8 If your application for a COA is granted, do you intend to apply for permission to remain in the UK on the basis of your relationship with your partner after getting married or entering into a civil partnership?
If not, please state what you intend to do. Continue on a separate sheet if necessary and enclose it with this form

.....found this question. Now bit confused what to say, YES or NO!! we would like to get married and stay in uk. If i say yes HO may not give permission. So, wondering what will be the best approach. I have visa untill april 2011. I am from Bangladesh, my fiancee from EU. We are over 21. Having relations for last 2 years.

ld10

Post by ld10 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:15 pm

tapash wrote:
ElenaW wrote:
tapash wrote:
While filling up the COA form in Section 5.8......

5 . 8 If your application for a COA is granted, do you intend to apply for permission to remain in the UK on the basis of your relationship with your partner after getting married or entering into a civil partnership?
If not, please state what you intend to do. Continue on a separate sheet if necessary and enclose it with this form

.....found this question. Now bit confused what to say, YES or NO!! we would like to get married and stay in uk. If i say yes HO may not give permission. So, wondering what will be the best approach. I have visa untill april 2011. I am from Bangladesh, my fiancee from EU. We are over 21. Having relations for last 2 years.
The best approach in my opinion its just say the simple truth.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:18 pm

tapash your answer is yes!
I tell it like it is.