ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to prove intent to marry?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anon Mouse

How to prove intent to marry?

Post by Anon Mouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:12 pm

A little advice please (sorry if sounds like a duplicate)

My Girlfreind is applying for a Fiancee Visa to come here from China. The UK Visa Centre in Chengdu have a 'checklist' on the website which asks for "Evidence to show that arrangements have been made for the notification of the marriage/civil partnership or for the marrice/cp to take place"

Now as neither of us are religious we wish to marry in a registry office, but to do this (as thankfully answered in another thread) we need to live for 7 clear days in the local area, so how can we prove arrangements have been made when we cannot give notice of intent of marriage?
A suggestion was made on a different thread with the possibility of us filling a wedding booking out, with her sending a letter stating she will sign it on arrival here, ive sent an email to the local registrar asking if this is possible, but due to lack of information on North Tyneside website I cannot even find a form to post to her to sign, then me to give to registrar if a letter from her is not good enough.

sorry to have rambled on, but she wants to apply when I arrive on holiday in May, so there not much time left!

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:24 pm

Maybe if you keep all your questions in one same post rather than opning a new one, you will get an answer much quicker :roll:

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:32 pm

website which asks for "Evidence to show that arrangements have been made for the notification of the marriage/civil partnership or for the marrice/cp to take place"
You do realise, don't you, that there are two parts to the above (see bold).
Have you actually made arrangements fro the marriage to take place, i.e. have you booked the registry office or other venue for the ceremony?

Although you have to live in an area 7 days before you can post intention to marry, this doesn't mean that you can just wander up to the Registry office after 7 days and post away! You'll more than likely need an appointment to post intent.

Confirmation of the dates and times of your appointments on letter headed paper from the registrar /venue should suffice.