ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa - Refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sharmaMT
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa - Refusal

Post by sharmaMT » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi, having read some of the topics posted on this site and some of the positive feedback, I thought I would try and see if i can get any help with my dilema.

I met my husband 2 and half years ago, he arrived in the country 4 years prior on a dependant visa as his Dad was posted to the UK. My husband applied for a work permit which was refused, but we continued our relationship and he continued his employment with the same employer and paid his nat ins and tax.

After living together and realising that the relationship was ready for the next step, my husband went back to his county and shortly after (nov 09) we married and applied for a settlement visa.

On the 30 March 10, my Husband was interviewed at the BHC in Delhi and his visa was refused based on the fact that he overstayed and worked in that time.

We have started the appeal process but there are a few areas which I require some advise.

I am now 5 months preganant having lived with my husband in Delhi for 5 months after the wedding. i was forced to come back as i run my own business. does this count as a compassioante reason for our appeal to be fast tracked ?

I understand that the rule applied against my husband i.e. overstay is not applicable in a settlement case unless supported with another immigration rule, is that true ? if so, can the decision be overturned by the ECO.

I do hope that you will be able to help me with this matter and i thankyou all in advance.

alisonpal

Re: Settlement Visa - Refusal

Post by alisonpal » Mon May 17, 2010 7:49 am

hunny keep appealing dont keep applying ya have a strong case it took us 15 months but we finally got it from upper tier tribunal strong case have been married and ure pregnant helps so hang in there appeal and appeal u will suceed in end