ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

set m

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

set m

Post by 688148256 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:04 am

Well my wife's spouse visa is expiring in June 2011.

We have the following documents:

1. My personal bank statements covering last 2 years
2. Our joint banks statements covering last 2 years
3. Our NHS cards
4. Our Polling letters
5. Our mortgage letters (recently we bought a house jointly)
6. Letter from the solicitor on both our names relating to property purchase
7. Gas & Electric bills on both names
8. Telephone bills on her name

QUESTION 1:: Do we hold enough documents?

We have been living on same address from last 2years. Even though me and my wife own a house we still will be living at my parents home.

QUESTION 2:: Do my parents have to write a letter to prove that they don't mind us living with them in future?

QUESTION 3:: Do I have to write any letters in support of the application for example sponser letter etc?

We have used up all our savings on the property purchase but both of us earn a joint income of 1200 p/m from our jobs. Our newly bought property is rented so it earns its mortgage repayments itself and gives us an extra 300 p/m as an income. Roughly our personal expenditure stands at 500p/m.

QUESTION 4:: Do they look seriously into finances? Is our income good enough to satisfy the Home Office?

QUESTION 5:: Do you advice us to hire a solicitor to submit our application or shall we just do it ourselves? How smooth does our application sound?

Thnks

batleykhan

Re: set m

Post by batleykhan » Thu May 12, 2011 3:15 pm

688148256 wrote:Well my wife's spouse visa is expiring in June 2011.

We have the following documents:

1. My personal bank statements covering last 2 years
2. Our joint banks statements covering last 2 years
3. Our NHS cards
4. Our Polling letters
5. Our mortgage letters (recently we bought a house jointly)
6. Letter from the solicitor on both our names relating to property purchase
7. Gas & Electric bills on both names
8. Telephone bills on her name

QUESTION 1:: Do we hold enough documents?

We have been living on same address from last 2years. Even though me and my wife own a house we still will be living at my parents home.

Yes these should be enough as long as they are spread over 2 yrs

QUESTION 2:: Do my parents have to write a letter to prove that they don't mind us living with them in future?

No , but if you send one it will do no harm

QUESTION 3:: Do I have to write any letters in support of the application for example sponser letter etc?

No. Not required

We have used up all our savings on the property purchase but both of us earn a joint income of 1200 p/m from our jobs. Our newly bought property is rented so it earns its mortgage repayments itself and gives us an extra 300 p/m as an income. Roughly our personal expenditure stands at 500p/m.

QUESTION 4:: Do they look seriously into finances? Is our income good enough to satisfy the Home Office?

Yes they do look at it.You may just scrape through with this

QUESTION 5:: Do you advice us to hire a solicitor to submit our application or shall we just do it ourselves? How smooth does our application sound?

No fill the forms yourself. Its dead easy. if you get stuck come here for advice rather than paying a solicitor

Thnks

Biometrics to go with set m application

Post by 688148256 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:45 am

On the SET M form the HO is asking for the biometrics letter I guess we have lost it. What to do now? Is it given on the arrival at the airport?

set m

Post by 688148256 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:25 am

On the form it asks if we pay any mortgage.

Yes we do pay mortgage but we have put that property on rent and living at my parents home..

how do we explain this??

Post by 688148256 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:27 am

the property we are living in belongs to my parents and we living with parents but my own property which I own I have put on rent.

batleykhan

Re: set m

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 20, 2011 10:21 pm

688148256 wrote:On the form it asks if we pay any mortgage.

Yes we do pay mortgage but we have put that property on rent and living at my parents home..

how do we explain this??
On an A4 sheet of paper if there is no where on the form to say that you own your own home and paying a mortgage on it and will eventually move into it, but for the time being you are living with your parents. Its a common thing amongst certain communities to do this and its all legal and above board :wink: