ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled - Independent Processing Time

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

Skilled - Independent Processing Time

Post by spooklightCW » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:17 am

Hello All,

I would like to clarify something about applying for immigration in Australia.

I am an IT Professional and a British Citizen. Me and my husband want to move in Australia.

According to Australian High Commission website that the processing time for immigrant visa will take years? I think 3 years?

But I have been reading from this forum that most of the IT applied at the High Commission got their visa within 6 months? (3 months for ACS Assessment and 3 months for the Visa)

And I have been reading on www.austimeline.com that most of the applicant who posted about their application details are from the UK.

I would really like to know. What would be the chance of getting a visa
for Australia.

Im a Software Developer (VB.NET, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Web Services and etc.)

We have seen as well on Oz Immi website about the Skilled - (SIR) Provisional Visa for the Low Populated state in Australia.

And if you're an IT they are requiring sponsorship from employer or a job offer? (apart from the sponsor of the State itself)

Me and my husband are completing our documents to submit for Assessment before we can proceed any further.

Any suggesstion or comment is very much appreciated.

Please help. Information from Australian Immigration website are so complicated, everytime you visit it you'll find information that you will think you may not be suitable for the Visa/Permanent Residency in Australia.

Thanks

Vivian
Newly Registered

Skilled Visa Processing

Post by Vivian » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:56 pm

Hi catwoman

Allow about 52 weeks for processing of skilled visa applications.

All skilled visa applications are lodged and processed in South Australia and AHC does not have anything to do with skilled visa applications.

Your chances of getting a visa depends on your credentials and quality of your application. If you fit ALL the criteria for a visa, then there's no reason why you should not be granted one.

IT job prospects tend to be more promising in Australian city centers; thus the requirement for job offers/employer sponsorship before anyone can be considered for SIR (regional areas) visa, makes sense.

If you're finding that Australian migration rules are too complicated for you to understand, perhaps you should consult a Registered Australian migration agent.

Cheers

Birman catlover

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:21 pm

I submitted my Skilled Independent Applicaiton last June, it was received in 03.07.2005. I had included my police checks and ACS (also an IT prof) reference, as I was in the country at the time of applicaiton, and they had to be included.

As of now, nearly 10 months later, I have received no word of my application apart from an acknowledgement that it was received!

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu May 11, 2006 1:42 pm

52 weeks???? I'm surprised they have anyone applying.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.