ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

game_of_luck
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by game_of_luck » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Hello All...
Though I qualify forILR(LR) but I have decided to wait for another 7 months until my time on tier1 general is completed. This will allow me and wife to hopefully get ILR SETO on the same day InshaAllah... Dont wanna risk my wifes ilr for 5 years wait as she entered as my tier 1 dependant in 2011.

My question to seniors (Shahjee/Amber): Is there any particular thread for SET (O) applications to help us in this manner? Where members share experiences on SET O topic and timeline etc?
This thread is greattttttt and is v helpful. Only by reading experiences of our members here I have decided to wait and not send my application until Feb 2015...

Shahjee, do you think its a good decision or I should have applied? :roll:
No issues proving income etc. Last 4 years p60s are sufficient as per points requirement.
Thankssss

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Mrs.P wrote:Hi march_ilr, just a quick question, was your application a straightforward one. Many thanks.
@mrs P. my application was pretty straightforward. However, i also had refusal in my immigration history ( while i applied for my PSW). later on i won the case against HO. I submitted the original tribunal decision (on my 3c) with my application. My last visa was student visa. i hope this helps.

regards;
march-ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:03 pm

tuliprose wrote:Dear Members,

I have received my approval letter and documents today.

My timeline is as follows:

Application Sent: 24/03/2014
Biometrics enrolled: 08/04/2014
Approval: 01/08/2014
BRB: Waiting

My wife has also applied for FLR(M) on 4th April and she is waiting for her decision.

I pray for all those who are waiting for their approvals.

Good Luck
Congrats tuliprose and best wishes for you for the years to come.
regards;
march-ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Hello shahjee1234 & others,
on set(lr) form at section 5 there are two places of putting signature. At first one the applicant authorizing ukba to do verification checks where ofcourse need to sign but second one at section 5 is regarding joint account holder, if applicant is the only account holder (no other joint holder) then should it be left unfilled or still applicant need to sign before proceeding to section 6 where also need to sign as well.

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:33 pm

game_of_luck wrote: This thread is greattttttt and is v helpful. Only by reading experiences of our members here I have decided to wait and not send my application until Feb 2015...

No issues proving income etc. Last 4 years p60s are sufficient as per points requirement.
Thankssss
Great decision!! As long as you can provide 12 continuous payslips, go for Tier1 route. And plz pray that others like me get justice n the cruel rule is reduced to 2 years from 5years.

Coolmind: Leave it empty if there is no joint account.

MrsP ur turn will be coming soon to celebrate :)

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Congratulations tuliprose well done and all the best for future.

Regards

My wife has also applied for FLR(M) on 4th April and she is waiting for her decision.

Good Luck
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

redrosekhan
Newly Registered

Post by redrosekhan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:01 pm

malik15 wrote:
khanzada123 wrote:One ILR is enough as long as ur son born in uk.
Regarding professional reference is concerned get a letter fron ur GP ...they charge £30 for that.....or health visitor.
Docs u need.....Birth certificate--Complete MN1 form..Both parent passports. ...Nikah Nama....Fee.

Thanks for you quick reply. I spoke to GP today. They refused saying they can't sign for kids under the age of 2:(.

What other options do I have?
tell you imam to sign it i done the same in the guidance it says minister of religion can sign it ,imam is minister of religion .

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:12 pm

cool mind wrote:Hello shahjee1234 & others,
on set(lr) form at section 5 there are two places of putting signature. At first one the applicant authorizing ukba to do verification checks where ofcourse need to sign but second one at section 5 is regarding joint account holder, if applicant is the only account holder (no other joint holder) then should it be left unfilled or still applicant need to sign before proceeding to section 6 where also need to sign as well.
Hi cool mind,
Yes you have to sign the first one on page 22, but not the second one which is on page 23. The one on page 23 is for joint account holder if any, if the bank details that you are providing is only in your name than you just need to sign the one on page 22, and leave the one on page 23 blank, but if you have the bank account in joint names than the joint account holder with you have to sign the declaration on page 23. I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

april_ilr wrote:HI TO ALL MEMBERS

I HAVE BEEN A SILENT READER OF THIS FORUM

THANKS TO ALL KNOWLEDGEABLE MEMBERS

AND ALSO THANKS TO ALL MEMBERS WHO SHARES THEIR EXPERIENCE HERE.

TODAY MY SOLICITOR RECEIVED MY ILR BRP CARD
ALSO MY WIFE GOT HERS TODAY.
my son who is 8 yrs old born here applied flr fp still waiting

i applied on 02/04/14
bio done 12/04/14

my wife applied on 04th april and she did bio around 26 april
came to uk on 20 march 2004 as student dependant(my wife)
remained on student dependant for 9 years till march 2013.
then applied for discretionary leave on my son 7years old being in uk
application refused in april 2013 with appeal granted but section 47 removal notice served.
court hearing was feb 2014.home office withdrew case on day,

completed 10 yrs in march 20th 2014.applied on 2nd april and received brp today

same for my mrs she completed 10 yrs and received her brp today

we both have been on 3c 3d since april 2013

best of luck for all members waiting. i will pray for you
@ APRIL_ILR

Congratulation , brov so Ho has started April as well ... well done :) :P

Enjoy your freedom :)

Remember us in your prayers :)

With Regards ,

Shah

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:15 pm

Good Luck
@ TULIPROSE ,

Congratulation , Enjoy your freedom : :P

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:29 pm

game_of_luck wrote:Hello All...
Though I qualify forILR(LR) but I have decided to wait for another 7 months until my time on tier1 general is completed. This will allow me and wife to hopefully get ILR SETO on the same day InshaAllah... Dont wanna risk my wifes ilr for 5 years wait as she entered as my tier 1 dependant in 2011.

My question to seniors (Shahjee/Amber): Is there any particular thread for SET (O) applications to help us in this manner? Where members share experiences on SET O topic and timeline etc?
This thread is greattttttt and is v helpful. Only by reading experiences of our members here I have decided to wait and not send my application until Feb 2015...

Thankssss
Hi game_of_luck,
Famous saying that a bird in hand is better than two in the bush, I would have normally suggested to go for SET(LR) as it is already due, but as Home Office new rules have been so unreasonable regards to dependents of SET(LR) that I couldn't recommend you to go for that. As you don't have any issues proving income, so I would say you wait till February 2015, and than get your ILR with your Mrs. I wish you all the best mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:31 pm

IShahzad wrote:One of my friend applied on 27 June 2014 using April version SET (LR) form but today after 2 months , home office sent his all documents back with the form saying that the form is not updated one.he is been given full refund.
There is an another form version 7 , 2014 but my friend had applied on 27 June 2014.
Don't know why home office did this.
He has to apply again now with fresh documents.
Ahhhh

Any advice for him from senior members please
Dear ishahzad ,
oops!
Very sorry to hear this , actually let me explain you why HO has asked him to apply with the correct version ...as you said your friend applied on 27th June 2014 and home office had uploaded the new version of the form on 2nd june 2014 which they called 06/2014 version form and on 1st July 2014 HO has again uploaded a new version of SET(LR) form so at the moment 07/2014 version is on their website and you can not find 06/ 2014 version at all on their website because its replaces with the latest version ,

as your friend applied on 27th june 2014 so he suppose to submit 06/2014 which they uploaded on 2nd june 2014 , but there was not much difference in 04/2014 ( april ) and 6/2014 ( june ) version form only they asked email addresses twice in june version .. but its really sad that they refunded the fees after month if it was not the correct version of the form they should not deduct the fees as well as the version of the form is always printed on the right most corner of first page of every SET(LR) form ...

Can you ask your friend , did he submitted his bio metric yet or did he recieve any invitation yet ....because there are few members on this forum including me who applied in june 2014 and used the 04/2014 ( april ) version and we all registered our bio metric as well ..if this will be the case then probably we may also get the forms back : :roll: which will be another night mare !!

Mustansir and other this would be the wake up call for june 2014 guys :shock:

let see , what happened ,

With regards ,

Shah

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:37 pm

@shahjee1234
you are really doing a great job and unbelievably assisting us. Please don't disappear. You are a greatest freedom fighter & warrior :)

IShahzad
Newly Registered

Post by IShahzad » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:50 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
IShahzad wrote:One of my friend applied on 27 June 2014 using April version SET (LR) form but today after 2 months , home office sent his all documents back with the form saying that the form is not updated one.he is been given full refund.
There is an another form version 7 , 2014 but my friend had applied on 27 June 2014.
Don't know why home office did this.
He has to apply again now with fresh documents.
Ahhhh

Any advice for him from senior members please
Dear ishahzad ,
oops!
Very sorry to hear this , actually let me explain you why HO has asked him to apply with the correct version ...as you said your friend applied on 27th June 2014 and home office had uploaded the new version of the form on 2nd june 2014 which they called 06/2014 version form and on 1st July 2014 HO has again uploaded a new version of SET(LR) form so at the moment 07/2014 version is on their website and you can not find 06/ 2014 version at all on their website because its replaces with the latest version ,

as your friend applied on 27th june 2014 so he suppose to submit 06/2014 which they uploaded on 2nd june 2014 , but there was not much difference in 04/2014 ( april ) and 6/2014 ( june ) version form only they asked email addresses twice in june version .. but its really sad that they refunded the fees after month if it was not the correct version of the form they should not deduct the fees as well as the version of the form is always printed on the right most corner of first page of every SET(LR) form ...

Can you ask your friend , did he submitted his bio metric yet or did he recieve any invitation yet ....because there are few members on this forum including me who applied in june 2014 and used the 04/2014 ( april ) version and we all registered our bio metric as well ..if this will be the case then probably we may also get the forms back : :roll: which will be another night mare !!

Mustansir and other this would be the wake up call for june 2014 guys :shock:

let see , what happened ,

With regards ,

Shah

Right, now I know, why his documents been sent back. Thank you for information.
As you asked, he did not get any bio metrics invitation at all. He was waiting for bio metics letter but got every thing back.

Raheem shah
Newly Registered

Post by Raheem shah » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:00 am

Hi All,
I am new in this forum and need urgent advice.
My ILR (LR) is due in August. My wife and my child visa expirey is same as mine. My child is born here but I applied for her visa and got it, as Dependent visa. But we didn`t travel outside the UK. She is nearly 2 year old.
My wife in UK since 2010 as a dependent. Now FLR M form is changed, I fullfill 18600 but not 22400 requirement. Can i skip my child from FLR M form and just include my wife. So, what are the consequences of it?

I really appreciate advice in this regard.

Thanks
Raheem Shah

samu140

Post by samu140 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:13 am

Hi
Today my tier1 entrepreneur appeal is dismissed because of bank letter not mention my name. I come in sep 2003 and complete 10 years long residence in sep 2013 but could not apply ilr because my appeal was pending.
Uk entry 23 sep 2003 and then continue lawful residence upto 15 august 2013 when my tier1 visa refused.
From 15 august to 01 august 2014 under 3c leave because I appeal against the decision and

Now appeal is dismissed. Please advice if I go for ilr or appeal to Upper tribunal. Thanks
Keep Updating

samu140

Post by samu140 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 am

Congratulations and best of luck

Good Luck
Keep Updating

game_of_luck
Newly Registered

Post by game_of_luck » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:30 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
game_of_luck wrote:Hello All...

Thankssss
Hi game_of_luck,
Famous saying that a bird in hand is better than two in the bush, I would have normally suggested to go for SET(LR) as it is already due, but as Home Office new rules have been so unreasonable regards to dependents of SET(LR) that I couldn't recommend you to go for that. As you don't have any issues proving income, so I would say you wait till February 2015, and than get your ILR with your Mrs. I wish you all the best mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Shahjee Many thanks for the reply... I was being impatient too and was waiting to qualify for ILR(LR) but as you say the new rules for dependants are v v unfair and harsh.. hence the decision :?

ANYONE Please advise if there is a sticky thread for SET(O) applications.. This particular one for LR is really up to date and is great guidance. I wish there is one for SET(O)... thanks all, specially Shahjee
Last edited by game_of_luck on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:30 am

Shahjee, Thank you very much you are really very helpful to the members.

I have one more question please.
Q. B14 and B15 they asked our address for previous 5 years. I changed 4 addresses in five years but the space is only available for 2 . I was thinking of writing other 2 addresses on white paper and attach with that but on the form they have not advised to use extra paper for that.

What do you advise me to do please ?

Many Thanks.
ZR

game_of_luck
Newly Registered

Post by game_of_luck » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:36 am

aurnoc wrote:
game_of_luck wrote: This thread is greattttttt and is v helpful. Only by reading experiences of our members here I have decided to wait and not send my application until Feb 2015...

Thankssss
Great decision!! As long as you can provide 12 continuous payslips, go for Tier1 route. And plz pray that others like me get justice n the cruel rule is reduced to 2 years from 5years.

Coolmind: Leave it empty if there is no joint account.

MrsP ur turn will be coming soon to celebrate :)
Aurnoc: I have been closely following this harsh/unfair rule and completely understand the pain. I have my application pack ready (all sealed) and just needs to be posted... have been in a dilemma but at the last minute changed my mind and didn't post.... because this forum is a true eye opener and is guiding us lot...
I wish this cruel rule is changed and wish you the very best of luck... we all have invested the golden years of our lives here in the UK and do deserve better treatment by the homeoffice....

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:00 am

Congratulations Tuliprose and April_ilr, this has been a great week yet again.

Thanks March_ilr and Aurnoc, I can't wait for my turn.

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:09 am

samu140 wrote:Hi
Today my tier1 entrepreneur appeal is dismissed because of bank letter not mention my name. I come in sep 2003 and complete 10 years long residence in sep 2013 but could not apply ilr because my appeal was pending.
Uk entry 23 sep 2003 and then continue lawful residence upto 15 august 2013 when my tier1 visa refused.
From 15 august to 01 august 2014 under 3c leave because I appeal against the decision and

Now appeal is dismissed. Please advice if I go for ilr or appeal to Upper tribunal. Thanks

hello Samu140,
so sorry to hear that your appeal has been dismissed, I completed 10 years on 07.02.14 and I applied on 20.03.14, I still have a hearing on 03.09.14. Many of our forum members got their ILR while on 3D. Did you not tell the judge at the hearing that you completed 10 years long residence. I am not sure, experts please shed some light on this, your appeal's dismissal might have invalidated your 10 years LR. I will suggest you see a good lawyer for advice. Best of luck.

Timata24
Newly Registered

Post by Timata24 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:56 am

Dear All,
I have been a quite reader of this forum and decided to put my case out today.
I qualify for ILR under the 10 year rules however I want to hear your views on my chances of a successful application.
In UK from 07/08/2004 – 01/08/2014
Student Visa: August 2004 – June 2010
PSW: June 2010 – June 2012
Tier 2: June 2012 – August 2014 (Expires March 2017)
Days outside UK 90 days none over 30days
No previous refusal or immigration issues
3 motoring offences in 2006, 2007 and 2009. All declared in previous applications.
UK Master degree and Life in UK Test done.
I am also worried about the new rules on dependents.
My wife has been in UK since Feb 2005. Student Visa from Feb 2005 – March 2007 and switch to my dependent from March 2007 till date. She would herself qualify for ILR in Jan/Feb 2015. Her current dependent Visa expires in March 2017. Would she need to switch to FLR if my application is successful (God Willing) or can she just apply for her ILR next year?
Two children born in UK ages 6 and 3 and both dependent on my visa.
How best would you advise I proceed with my application, putting into consideration new/changing immigration rules.
Opinion of this wonderful forum is highly valid.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:04 am

Timata24 wrote:Dear All,
I have been a quite reader of this forum and decided to put my case out today.
I qualify for ILR under the 10 year rules however I want to hear your views on my chances of a successful application.
In UK from 07/08/2004 – 01/08/2014
Student Visa: August 2004 – June 2010
PSW: June 2010 – June 2012
Tier 2: June 2012 – August 2014 (Expires March 2017)
Days outside UK 90 days none over 30days
No previous refusal or immigration issues
3 motoring offences in 2006, 2007 and 2009. All declared in previous applications.
UK Master degree and Life in UK Test done.
I am also worried about the new rules on dependents.
My wife has been in UK since Feb 2005. Student Visa from Feb 2005 – March 2007 and switch to my dependent from March 2007 till date. She would herself qualify for ILR in Jan/Feb 2015. Her current dependent Visa expires in March 2017. Would she need to switch to FLR if my application is successful (God Willing) or can she just apply for her ILR next year?
Two children born in UK ages 6 and 3 and both dependent on my visa.
How best would you advise I proceed with my application, putting into consideration new/changing immigration rules.
Opinion of this wonderful forum is highly valid.
Hi Timata24,
Welcome to the forum. You case is looking good. You are on to apply for your ILR on SET(LR), but I would suggest you to hold your application for a while, means to say probably for another month, this is to play safe, as I want you to apply a bit late, which will give time to your Mrs to reach her time for her long residency in January/ February 2015, and that way you will avoid applying for FLR(M).
Consider for example if you apply now, beginning of August, and we look at the present trent and time lines, it's around 16-20 weeks, so you should get your decision by mid or end of December. Now the question is what date did your Mrs arrived in this country ? As she can apply 28 days earlier than completion of her 10 years, so shell we say that she would be able to apply by mid January 2015, considering the present example that we discussed looks alright isn't it ?? Means you apply now get your decision by mid or end of December, we leave 28 days from there for your Mrs to apply her SET(LR) which will be beginning or mid of January 2015, and every thing is hunky dory, and as I said if you can ideally delay your SET(LR) for another month and so, than it gives you the surety that you will definitely avoid the hassle to apply FLR(M) for your Mrs, and she can just straight away apply her SET(M) on her due time in January/ February 2015.
Regards to kids they are cool for the time being, once you or your Mrs get your ILR, just apply MN1 for them, and they will be sorted. I hope what I suggested makes sense, and helps. All the best with your and your Mrs and kids future applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee

ma14

Post by ma14 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:29 am

samu140 wrote:Hi

Hi Samu,

Sorry to hear about your appeal dismissal. I had similar situation and i withdraw my appeal in February 28 days before i qualify for ILR on 10 year route and applied for ILR and got me ILR June 2014.

Let me point out few stuff

1: If you qualify for ILR in August 2013 why did you not withdraw your appeal and apply for ILR.
2: if your appeal is dismissed you can apply upper tribunal within given time frame and then later withdraw and apply for Ilr.

I am telling you what i had done. i came in this country 28 Feb 2004 and was qualifying for ILR on 1 Feb (28 Grace Period). MY Appeal was dismissed in 24th Jan 2014 and i applied to upper tribunal on 28th jan 2014 and later withdraw on 1 feb and same day applied ILR. My ILR was approved in JUne.
Hope this well help you.