ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with FLR(M) application deadline after switching from student visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ridgem
Newly Registered

Help with FLR(M) application deadline after switching from student visa

Post by ridgem » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:09 am

Hello ImmigrationBoards,

Thank you in advance for any help.

I am preparing to apply for extend my dependent visa (FLR(M)) but have some unavoidable travel around the expiry date. I am considering using priority service to guarantee having my passport returned.

I switched from a student visa to a Spouse/Partner visa. On my residence permit / biometric card, it lists place and date of issue as UK 07-03-2019, valid until 05-10-2019. Thus it is valid for 2 years and 7 months.

I understand that I can get up to one month (28 days) of remaining visa time added to my extension visa. In order to not be less than 5 years when the extension runs out, I think this means I can APPLY (not get approval) as early as 7 August 2019. Is this correct?

Because I am traveling quite a bit in August and September, I may need to apply as late as possible. What exactly do I have to have done by 5 October 2019? Can I just have submitted my online application and the hardcopies of my required documents by post (including passport) by that date? If not, I will need to use an expedited (priority) service. How much of that process would need to be completed by 5 October? When does the BRP have to be applied for/ received?

Thank you very much.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Help with FLR(M) application deadline after switching from student visa

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:28 pm

Why not you travel & return back few days before of 5th October and then apply online. Date of online submission of application will be date of application regardless of when later you get appointment for biometrics
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ridgem
Newly Registered

Post by ridgem » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:31 am

Thanks for your reply. So, even if I apply and pay online the day before the visa expires that is OK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:34 am

ridgem wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:31 am
Thanks for your reply. So, even if I apply and pay online the day before the visa expires that is OK?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.