ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension - couple of quesions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sme01

Spouse visa extension requirement

Post by sme01 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi

Can somenoe plese let me know what are the requirements for spouse visa exension ?
My wife is already in uk , her visa is going to expire in coupld of months. this is first extension we are going to apply.
what documents do we need?
what are the financial requirements ?
is there any english or life in the Uk test recuired ? Remember we are no going o apply for ILR at the moment, its just first visa exension, she alread had passed english test when she applied for visa first time.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension requirement

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:08 pm

English A2 test for extension.

Same financial requirement if £18,600pa with minimum 6 months evidence, more evidence depending on how the requirement is being met.

2 years evidence in both names to prove cohabitation.

£1033 visa fee plus £1000 IHS plus what service you choose for ukcvas sopra steria.

Life in the UK is ONLY for ilr not visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sme01

Post by sme01 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:23 pm

thanks cr001

my wife had alerad cleared ielts A1 test when she firs applied for visa couple of ears ago.
is there anoher test required ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:08 pm
English A2 test for extension.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 pm

make sure it's A2 for UKVIS.in one of the approved institut : British Council

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:45 pm

also 4 things in joints name covering last 2 years like: joint bank account. joint tenancy agreement. council tax. water bills . sent to your home address.
2 others for each of you like covering 2 years: NHS letters, mobile letters, electricity bills. bank account letters.

P60. employment contract. letter from your employer that covers all details they're asking for. pay slips

all the best

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:50 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:45 pm
also 4 things in joints name covering last 2 years like: joint bank account. joint tenancy agreement. council tax. water bills . sent to your home address.
2 others for each of you like: NHS letters, mobile letters, electricity bills. bank account letters.
Everyone's circumstances are not same. You can even meet the cohabitation requirement by 6 individuals documents addressed in each name (12) or in joint name (6).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sme01

Online flrm - Do you have a valid national identity card?

Post by sme01 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi,

On Online FLR M form there is here is a question 'Do you have a valid national identity card?'
Can someone please advise if I need to provide passort deails here or id card deails provided by NADRA.

Also initally i was looking to download flrm form and send it via post but i couldn't fiand the link to download the form, is it still possiable to fill the form online and print it and send via post ?
or is it better to submit applicaion online or send via post ?
can someone please advised bssed on here experience ?

thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Online flrm - Do you have a valid national identity card?

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:54 pm

sme01 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 pm
Hi,

On Online FLR M form there is here is a question 'Do you have a valid national identity card?'
Can someone please advise if I need to provide passort deails here or id card deails provided by NADRA.

Also initally i was looking to download flrm form and send it via post but i couldn't fiand the link to download the form, is it still possiable to fill the form online and print it and send via post ?
or is it better to submit applicaion online or send via post ?
can someone please advised bssed on here experience ?

thanks
Mostly none of the form ask about the national identity card details of none-EU citizen but you should still follow the section and provide your national identity card details but there should also be another section asking the passport details. You cannot apply via post rather only online.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ily-routes
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sme01

Online flrm - 'Your family or friends'

Post by sme01 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi

On online flrm there is a question 'Your family or friends' menioned as belwo

Your family or friends
What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?
Please provide details of these family and friends, for example, their names, relationship to you and where they live.

it seems strange, for spouse visa exension why we need to give details of family and friends in home country.

can it be optional, can we leave it blank ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Online flrm - 'Your family or friends'

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:28 pm

No its not optional although it wont affect the outcome. Simply list down few of your family members/friends in your native country.

sme01

Spouse visa extension - couple of quesions

Post by sme01 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi,

when my wife first arrived in uk she got her biometric residence permit.
As part of spouse visa exetension process do we need new BRP or the exising one will be used ?
in response to the question 'do ou have a brp ?' we answered 'yes' and gave prb number.
In documen section it menssions that we need to send applicant's BRP, i assume we need to send existing brp, pleas correct me if i am wrong.

Second question what if you submit your online applicaion on the day when current visa expires ? will your application still be valid ? Can you still post your supporing documens wiht in 10 days after submiting your application?

sme01

Re: Spouse visa extension - couple of quesions

Post by sme01 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:18 am

Hi

Can some one please reply to this ?

when my wife first arrived in uk she got her biometric residence permit.
As part of spouse visa exetension process do we need new BRP or the exising one will be used ?
in response to the question 'do ou have a brp ?' we answered 'yes' and gave prb number.
In documen section it menssions that we need to send applicant's BRP, i assume we need to send existing brp, pleas correct me if i am wrong.

Second question what if you submit your online applicaion on the day when current visa expires ? will your application still be valid ? Can you still post your supporing documens wiht in 10 days after submiting your application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 am

She gets a new BRP when her extension visa is approved. Existing one is used for the extension form.
Correct.
Yes.
If she applies and submits on line on or before her visa expires, then yes it is a valid in time application. Documents are NOT posted anymore. You have to make an appointment with UKCVAS Sopra Steria, unload your documents before your appointment and then attend appointment for document check ad enrolling biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sme01

Post by sme01 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:31 am

Thanks CR001,

More confused now.... :( I thought it’s applying online and then you can post your documents.

So what about if complete online form and pay fees close to visa end date or on last day and book appointment but upload all the document after visa end date, offcourse before appointment date will it still be valid ?

How We can book appointment ?
Will it cost extra ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:41 am

Date of appointment is irrelevant and can be after visa expiry.

Why though are you waiting till the last day to apply??

There is a fee for ukcvas depending on what service and centre you choose.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sme01

Post by sme01 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Thanks CR001,
Not deliberately trying to delay, very close to visa exp date and jus at last minute found that couple of documents have misplaced,:) rearranging these may delay the process a day or two,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:41 pm

sme01 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Not deliberately trying to delay, very close to visa exp date and jus at last minute found that couple of documents have misplaced,:) rearranging these may delay the process a day or two,
Apart of making sure to apply before expiry the documents shouldn't be dated after the date of application.