ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension- FLR refused on the grounds of English requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mymiracle
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Spouse visa extension- FLR refused on the grounds of English requirements

Post by Mymiracle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi all, please I need your help.

I have applied to extend my spouse visa on the 12th of June 2019 and received a refusal letter from the home office a few days ago. I did the mistake to apply with my old English Certificate CEFR A1 instead of the required one CEFR A2. After having received the refusal letter, I booked the test straight away passed it the next day. I would receive my certificate in a few days.
I was just wondering If I could appeal ( I have the right for) and submit the right certificate or If I have the right to re-apply? I am also 21 weeks pregnant and can not consider returning to my country without my husband.

xzaf
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension- FLR refused on the grounds of English requirements

Post by xzaf » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi,

I think you will be OK to submit the new certificate and they should grant you the visa. Does the refusal letter say you have the right to appeal?

see below someone went through a similar situation it may help you understand the process better, but i think you need to submit it within 14 days i think?

immigration-for-family-members/successf ... 86601.html

Thanks