ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mfamily
Pakistan

Re: Bank statement

Post by Mfamily » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:38 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:19 pm
geoeng wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:08 am
Doesn't seem to be anything obvious missing.
My wife went to bank for bank statement and they are saying they only stamp on one page not every page. And they are saying you need to print statement by using online banking and we will stamp on it on one page. What should we do now?
Is this rule that bank statement issue date need to be before the submission of online application?
I'm afraid we didn't print bank statement before the submission of application we submitted our application on 15th January and biometric appointment date is 29th January please guide

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:38 pm
Mfamily wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:19 pm
geoeng wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:08 am
Doesn't seem to be anything obvious missing.
My wife went to bank for bank statement and they are saying they only stamp on one page not every page. And they are saying you need to print statement by using online banking and we will stamp on it on one page. What should we do now?
Is this rule that bank statement issue date need to be before the submission of online application?
I'm afraid we didn't print bank statement before the submission of application we submitted our application on 15th January and biometric appointment date is 29th January please guide
Someone please

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:58 am

No such rule as you have stated it.

Please confirm how you're meeting the financial requirement. What is the date of the bank statement you're referring to?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:08 am

Korekt wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:58 am
No such rule as you have stated it.

Please confirm how you're meeting the financial requirement. What is the date of the bank statement you're referring to?
Applied through cash saving.. Statement date is 14 July to 18 January
Application submission date is 15 January

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:02 pm

What you've stated is referring to the statement period rather than the date the statement was issued which is what your enquiry seemed to be about. So apparently, the statement date is 18th January.

If the required amount hasn't dropped during the period you've stated, the bank statement date won't be an issue.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Korekt wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:02 pm
What you've stated is referring to the statement period rather than the date the statement was issued which is what your enquiry seemed to be about. So apparently, the statement date is 18th January.

If the required amount hasn't dropped during the period you've stated, the bank statement date won't be an issue.
Thank you korekt.
My biometric appointment is on 29th of January if my wife will scan documents after my appointment by going vfs centre what is time limit after biometric appointment?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:54 pm

What's preventing the submission of the supporting documents prior to or at the biometrics appointment?

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:24 pm

Korekt wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:54 pm
What's preventing the submission of the supporting documents prior to or at the biometrics appointment?
Just asking if we miss submission of documents prior to the biometric and at the biometric appointment how long can we submit documents?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:33 pm

No clear deadlines I'm aware of.

HO may send a reminder where they state they haven't seen supporting documents for an application and ask the applicant to submit them by a certain time. So, there is some leeway in that regard.

However, it will be better if you submit them prior to or at the biometrics appointment.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Korekt wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:33 pm
No clear deadlines I'm aware of.

HO may send a reminder where they state they haven't seen supporting documents for an application and ask the applicant to submit them by a certain time. So, there is some leeway in that regard.

However, it will be better if you submit them prior to or at the biometrics appointment.
We will try scanning them before biometric

there are categories if you scan documents by self want to get clarification about them so that we may able to put documents on exact place..
(1) my spouse statement and our joint account statement and declarations of cash savings will go into financial evidence category or sponser evidence category?
(2) where to put accommodation documents? Under accommodation permanent temporary category or spouse evidence category?
(3) where to put applicant old passports stamp pages?
(4) where to put English test certificate?
(5) where to put spouse passport stamp pages?
(6) will my spouse's Pakistani passport id page go to under proof of relationship?
thank you

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:34 pm

It isn't fixed as such. It is however important that all the required docs are submitted.

You may search the forum. There are examples of those who have uploaded to categories that made the most sense to them and had no issues.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Visa approved

Post by Mfamily » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:04 pm

I got my visa yesterday in 20 working days after biometric with non priority want to say very thanks to geoeng korect seagul and all other member who helped me on this form thank you very much..

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:57 pm

Congratulations!!

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:24 pm

I got my spouse visa.after getting brp card can i come back to Pakistan with my wife and kids as my parents are alone here in Pakistan
Is there any limit on spouse visa to live in the UK??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:36 pm

No absence limit on a spouse visa.

However note that for an extension after 2.5 years, you have to meet the same financial requirements and documentary evidence of 2 years cohabitation from at least 3 different sources in both names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:41 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:24 pm
I got my spouse visa.after getting brp card can i come back to Pakistan with my wife and kids as my parents are alone here in Pakistan
You need to travel to UK within 30 days and then will need to visit the designated postoffice to collect your BRP. Afterwards you can return back to Pakistan. Although there is no absence limit but due to heavier absence the cohabitation evidences won't be generated. Also in my view since the length of inititial visa is 33 months but you only need 2 years of cohabitation evidences so I think the absence in first few months won't affect you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:11 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:41 pm
Mfamily wrote:
You need to travel to UK within 30 days and then will need to visit the designated postoffice to collect your BRP. Afterwards you can return back to Pakistan. Although there is no absence limit but due to heavier absence the cohabitation evidences won't be generated. Also in my view since the length of inititial visa is 33 months but you only need 2 years of cohabitation evidences so I think the absence in first few months won't affect you.
Thankyou seagul brother

If we absent from UK will this absence effect my ILR application? Is there any limit to live in the UK for applying ilr after 5 year?

What should we do to make cohabitation evidence?
my wife owns a house and council tax bill electricity bill and gas bills are on her name should we add my name on them aswel?
If we will go to Pakistan for a period her parents will pay these bills as they are also living there will it be ok?
Should we open joint account?

What other cohabitation documents we can use as we have two kids aswel any document related to them?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:29 pm

Mfamily wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:11 am
seagul wrote:
Mfamily wrote:
Thankyou seagul brother

If we absent from UK will this absence effect my ILR application? Is there any limit to live in the UK for applying ilr after 5 year?

my wife owns a house and council tax bill electricity bill and gas bills are on her name should we add my name on them aswel?
If we will go to Pakistan for a period her parents will pay these bills as they are also living there will it be ok?

What other cohabitation documents we can use as we have two kids aswel any document related to them?
For extension & ILR the cohabitation evidences are needed which although can be generated in your absence but how about if in future if they change their approach and don't accept these evidences where you were not present in UK for longer time. Also the condition of spouse visa is to live & settle with your UK sponsor/family in UK otherwise they can easily reject you that you have no insurmountable obstacles in settling back home. Still in my view if your parents in Pakistan are lonely and there is no one to look after them then you should try to live with them as much as you can because visa you can get back if refused (its very risky but should be done where that's the only solution)
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Absent limit

Post by Mfamily » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:34 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:29 pm
Mfamily wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:11 am
seagul wrote:
Mfamily wrote:
Thankyou seagul brother

For extension & ILR the cohabitation evidences are needed which although can be generated in your absence but how about if in future if they change their approach and don't accept these evidences where you were not present in UK for longer time. Also the condition of spouse visa is to live & settle with your UK sponsor/family in UK otherwise they can easily reject you that you have no insurmountable obstacles in settling back home. Still in my view if your parents in Pakistan are lonely and there is no one to look after them then you should try to live with them as much as you can because visa you can get back if refused (its very risky but should be done where that's the only solution)
Thank you seagul brother for your kind information

1:now can i say that there is no absent limit for applying for extension after 2.5 year and for ilr after 5 year?

2:Will they check your absent duration on your passport by checking entry and exit stamps when you apply for extension or not?

3:What if we live 4 to 5 month in a year in UK and all other time in Pakistan??

4: Can we use our Pakistani savings to apply for extension as we already used cash savings route in our spouse visa application?

Thank you again

geoeng
Canada

Re: Absent limit

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:12 am

Mfamily wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:34 pm
2:Will they check your absent duration on your passport by checking entry and exit stamps when you apply for extension or not?

4: Can we use our Pakistani savings to apply for extension as we already used cash savings route in our spouse visa application?
2. More or less. They will be able to check when you have been entering and leaving the UK.

3. The requirement you will have to meet for future applications is: "The applicant and their partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK and, in any application for further leave to remain as a partner and in any application for indefinite leave to remain as a partner, the applicant must provide evidence that since entry clearance as a partner was granted under paragraph D-ECP1.1. or since the last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner, the applicant and their partner have lived together in the UK or there is good reason, consistent with a continuing intention to live together permanently in the UK, for any period in which they have not done so."

Whether a regular 7-8 month absence from the UK to stay consistently at the same location would still be considered living in the UK for immigration purposes would probably only be a guess at best even if you were able to supply the required cohabitation evidence at a UK address.

4. You will have to meet the same financial requirement for future applications but can continue to use the same cash savings provided they have been maintained at or above the required level for at least the 6 months prior to the application.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:15 am

geoeng wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:12 am
Mfamily wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:34 pm

2. More or less. They will be able to check when you have been entering and leaving the UK.

3. The requirement you will have to meet for future applications is: "The applicant and their partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK and, in any application for further leave to remain as a partner and in any application for indefinite leave to remain as a partner, the applicant must provide evidence that since entry clearance as a partner was granted under paragraph D-ECP1.1. or since the last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner, the applicant and their partner have lived together in the UK or there is good reason, consistent with a continuing intention to live together permanently in the UK, for any period in which they have not done so."

Whether a regular 7-8 month absence from the UK to stay consistently at the same location would still be considered living in the UK for immigration purposes would probably only be a guess at best even if you were able to supply the required cohabitation evidence at a UK address.

4. You will have to meet the same financial requirement for future applications but can continue to use the same cash savings provided they have been maintained at or above the required level for at least the 6 months prior to the application.
Thank you geoeng for your reply...

1. For applying nationality will they look at my absence of last 5 year or will they only consider my absence after i get ILR?

2. on ILR application they ask the reason why you been absent more than six month?

3. Should i not live outside the UK more than six month in once? What the best solution if i want to live more than six month should i live in two term?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:39 am

1. For applying nationality will they look at my absence of last 5 year or will they only consider my absence after i get ILR?
Nationality is under completely different and separate rules to ILR. For citizenship, it is the last 3 years immediately preceding date of application if an applicant is married to a British citizen. This includes the absence limit of 270 days in the whole 3 years and 90 days in the final 12 months before applying. There is also a requirement to have been physically present in the UK exactly 3 years prior to submitting an application for citizenship.
2. on ILR application they ask the reason why you been absent more than six month?
Yes.
3. Should i not live outside the UK more than six month in once? What the best solution if i want to live more than six month should i live in two term?
There is no absence limit, but it is unreasonable to expect to be granted ILR, based on residency in the UK, if you have not lived in the UK and perhaps only visited occassionally.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mfamily
Pakistan

Post by Mfamily » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:28 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:39 am
Nationality is under completely different and separate rules to ILR. For citizenship, it is the last 3 years immediately preceding date of application if an applicant is married to a British citizen. This includes the absence limit of 270 days in the whole 3 years and 90 days in the final 12 months before applying. There is also a requirement to have been physically present in the UK exactly 3 years prior to submitting an application for citizenship.
Yes.
There is no absence limit, but it is unreasonable to expect to be granted ILR, based on residency in the UK, if you have not lived in the UK and perhaps only visited occassionally.
Thanks CR001

What if i live 3 to 4 month in UK then 4 to 5 month in Pakistan then 3 to 4 month in UK and make cohabitation evidences then how much chance to get extension after 2.5 year and ILR after five year?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:20 am

Mfamily wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:28 am
What if i live 3 to 4 month in UK then 4 to 5 month in Pakistan then 3 to 4 month in UK and make cohabitation evidences then how much chance to get extension after 2.5 year and ILR after five year?
There are considerations beyond just the cohabitation evidence and there are requirements to be met in future applications completely separate from any rules relating to absence limits. I would suggest that if you are "living" somewhere that is not the UK, you risk being refused both future FLR and ILR applications. I'm not sure the likelihood of success for different absence periods can be quantified with any confidence. The express intent of a spouse visa is "the applicant and partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK". There are other visa categories if your intent is only to visit the UK periodically.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:50 am

I'm not trying to say you won't be able to go visit Pakistan (or anywhere else) for a few months and would then definitely have issues with future visa applications, I'm only suggesting being careful in framing what you're doing.