ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year confusion after Entrepreneur extension rejection and 2nd application approval

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

10 Year confusion after Entrepreneur extension rejection and 2nd application approval

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:22 pm

Hi Zumba,

Just need your help.
As the thread mentioned I have moved from Tier-1 Entrepreneur to 10yrs route and got ILR in September 2019. My wife’s visa was til end on October so before her visa expired we made her application for extension in SET(LR) family route as a postal application. Biometric done on 25/10/2019. Now yesterday we have received from UKVI saying “we’re giving you an opportunity to review your application .
If after you have reviewed and you would like to vary your application plz advise us within 14days of this email.
If you chose to vary your current application and make an application on another route , the application will be considered under the criteria of new route you have chosen.you will need to demonstrate that you meet the requirements of new route.
If you don’t vary or not reply within 14days , your application will be decided based on criteria set out in Appendix FM.”

Could you please help understand what does this mean ?

I’m completely confused and have no idea what to do.

Plz help.

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: 10 Year confusion after Entrepreneur extension rejection and 2nd application approval

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:58 am

malik_pardeep1987 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:22 pm
Hi Zumba,

Just need your help.
As the thread mentioned I have moved from Tier-1 Entrepreneur to 10yrs route and got ILR in September 2019. My wife’s visa was til end on October so before her visa expired we made her application for extension in SET(LR) family route as a postal application. Biometric done on 25/10/2019. Now yesterday we have received from UKVI saying “we’re giving you an opportunity to review your application .
If after you have reviewed and you would like to vary your application plz advise us within 14days of this email.
If you chose to vary your current application and make an application on another route , the application will be considered under the criteria of new route you have chosen.you will need to demonstrate that you meet the requirements of new route.
If you don’t vary or not reply within 14days , your application will be decided based on criteria set out in Appendix FM.”

Could you please help understand what does this mean ?

I’m completely confused and have no idea what to do.

Plz help.

Many thanks
Under what route did you apply for her ? I advised you she must apply under FLR(M) :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Re: 10 Year confusion after Entrepreneur extension rejection and 2nd application approval

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:43 am

Hi Zimba,

I can confirm you that I have made the application in suggested FLR(M) category (family ) route.

Now I’m not sure why they’re asking to review it.
Plz suggest what to do now , coz I have no clue and confused.

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:54 pm

Email back and explain that you want the application to be processed under 5 year route family of a settled person FLR(M) under Appendix FM
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for valuable suggestions. I had emailed them clearly as you suggested, also them sent a copy of my ILR in reply.

Today we have received the refusal letter on my wifes applications. Below are the reasons.

Eligibility :
Under paragraph R-LTRP.1.1.(c)(i) and R-LTRP.1.1.(d)(ii), you do not meet all the eligibility requirements of Section E-LTRP of Appendix FM for the following reasons:

Eligibility immigration Status Requirement:
You do not meet the eligibility immigration status requirement paragraphs E-LTRP.2.1. to 2.2 because you are currently in the UK with leave as a Tier 1 dependant with valid leave granted for a period of 2 months. You therefore fail to meet the requirement as a partner under paragraph E-LTRP.2.1 of Appendix FM of the immigration Rules.

Now i'm not sure what to do ? I don't understand why they have refused it. As you know I had got ILR under 10yrs long residence switching from T1 Entrepreneur route.

They have given 14 days for RIGHT TO APPEAL .
Also mentioned if u think you have legitimate reason to remain in the UK , you need to make an application to stay.

Plz help ! My world is falling apart and I have no idea what to do.

Many thanks

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:43 pm

Just add

My wife is in UK and we had applied from Wihin UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:14 pm

When did she get her tier 1 dependent visa,what are the visa start and end dates?

What form exactly did you apply for before her visa expired?? Set m or FLR m or....?

It appears from your previous posts that your wife's visa was valid for less than 6 months, which means she can't switch to spouse visa within the uk.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
When you cannot get a family visa
In some circumstances you cannot apply for, or switch to, a family visa.

You have a visitor visa or a visa for 6 months or less
You’ll usually need to leave the UK to apply for a family visa if either:

you have permission to be in the UK as a visitor
your visa is for 6 months or less
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi CR001,

Yes, You're right she was granted less then 6 months visa when she came to UK as Tier-1 Entrepreneur dependent. I missed this requirement while making the application.
Now please help what options do we have ?

Should we make An Appeal in Tribunal and what is the likely outcome ?
Or Does she need to go back to India and make a fresh application ? One of the issue we have is she has just started her dream job in her own technical field. She will have to resign after a lengthy interview and selection process. Also this system is very harsh and cruel for both of us. Took ages to get her first visa to come to UK and now this.

Please help as we're both panicking what to do as we have only 14 days. Also the letter is dated 13th Feb what is the last day she need to leave the country.

Many thanks

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Just to add we Applied using FLR-m before her visa was expired. she was granted a total of 3 months was as mine was also remaining for same period.

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi ,

Plz help 🙏🏻

Regards

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:08 pm

malik_pardeep1987 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:39 pm
Hi CR001,

Yes, You're right she was granted less then 6 months visa when she came to UK as Tier-1 Entrepreneur dependent. I missed this requirement while making the application.
Now please help what options do we have ?

Should we make An Appeal in Tribunal and what is the likely outcome ?
Or Does she need to go back to India and make a fresh application ? One of the issue we have is she has just started her dream job in her own technical field. She will have to resign after a lengthy interview and selection process. Also this system is very harsh and cruel for both of us. Took ages to get her first visa to come to UK and now this.

Please help as we're both panicking what to do as we have only 14 days. Also the letter is dated 13th Feb what is the last day she need to leave the country.

Many thanks
What is the option given to you ? Are you given the right for AR or appeal ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:56 am

malik_pardeep1987 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:18 pm
Hi ,

Plz help 🙏🏻

Regards
I suggest her to leave the UK and apply for entry clearance from abroad.

malik_pardeep1987
Newly Registered
India

Post by malik_pardeep1987 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:03 pm

Thanks Zimba 🙏🏻

BTW they haven’t give an AR option. The only option is Appeal in Asylum tribunal .

I guess she will have to apply from aboard.

Many thanks

Br

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:06 pm

malik_pardeep1987 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:03 pm
Thanks Zimba 🙏🏻

BTW they haven’t give an AR option. The only option is Appeal in Asylum tribunal .

I guess she will have to apply from aboard.

Many thanks

Br
What was the exact day of the visa grant and the exact date of the refusal ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.