ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husband used me to gain the Visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

desancheztorres
Newly Registered
Spain

My husband used me to gain the Visa

Post by desancheztorres » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi, I am very sad, I would like to get help.

I got married with an Albanian guy a year ago. I was in love with him and then he asked to get married because he wanted to stay in UK with me but needed a Visa application.

So I accepted because he asked me to do this favour many times and I couldn't say no. I thought he was in love with me, too.

The process to get the Visa was so long, we had been interviewed in our house and the court, but they needed more evidence about our relationship.

Six months ago we travelled to Liverpool Home Office for an interview to demonstrate that our relationship was genuine.

After 14 days HO refused his Visa because I made some mistakes about his family's name and he was arrested by the police and I didn't know that, because he didn't tell me anything about it. So that's why they didn't want to give him the Visa.

Before going to Liverpool I said to him, no more, I was very tired to get problems about the Visa, and then, he got very aggressive, and said I had to come for appeal, because I made lot of mistakes, and it was my fault.
And also, he spent lot of money to get the Visa, taxes, fees, lawyer, etc..

At the end, I accepted, and we went to the court for appeal. the guy who helped me as interpreter said that the best option is carry on with the process because it is gonna be the last change to get the Visa.

So, I accepted as the judge gave us two options:

Come back another day with more evidence or do it in that day and finish the appeal.
I chose to carry on and finish in that day.

After 15 days, the Visa was refused again, and he got very angry with me, and said it was my fault, and left home.

He is living with his oldest brother, and me with a friend of mine.

Now, he wants I ask for a divorce and pay for everything as it was my fault and then he claims me over 1000 pounds that he says I owe him.

I don't know what to do, just I want to cry, and I would like to get help as I don't know what is gonna happens as I am completely alone in this country.

I had to sign lot of important papers during the process, like statement saying this relationship is genuine. In Liverpool I had to sign another one, like if I am lying or they detect anything about a non-genuine marriage I could be arrested and take immediately to prison.

So I was thinking to communicate to HO, about my current situation and asking for a divorce but I am not sure if I can get in troubles as I signed lot of papers with no consent.

Of course, I have evidence about his behaviour, text, images, and much more that demonstrate he used me to gain the Visa and as he didn't get it, now he doesn't want to carry on with the relation.

Many thanks, and I hope someone can help me with nice advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: My husband used me to gain the Visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:03 pm

Hello

You won't believe me but this is a happy end for you :)

What about losing 10 years with this guy then left alone raising 2 kids?

When the Home Office disputes the validity of a marriage and is ready to go to court over that, it means they have more than just their opinion on the table.

He didn't get the visa. So for the Home Office, the case is closed. There is no need to contact them but if it helps you to feel better, by all means drop them a letter.

Don't give him any money! If you do, he will ask you for more and more.

Start the divorce proceedings asap! If you don't know how to do it, there are companies online. They help with that for about £200. Everything happens online and you don't need to see him or anything. But he will receive a letter and he needs to sign it and return it. He may leverage that to blackmail you and ask for money in order to sign.

There is a charity that deals with harassment:

https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-inform ... d-the-law/

desancheztorres
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by desancheztorres » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:26 pm

Many thanks for your help.

Do you know if he can stay in UK without Visa, as his Visa expired a year ago?
He has been in UK without Visa thanks for applying for a EEA Visa, or spouse, something like that, I don't remember exactly.

The thing is, he told me he could travel just with the certificate of marriage, is that true?
If I drop a letter to HO, do you thing they are gonna deport him? I am very worry about this situation.

About the divorce online, I read lot of bad reviews, about divorce-online, most of the people, it is waste of money and time, and I could do by myself.

A solicitor cost me about 2000 pounds.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:51 pm

You can do it yourself on the gov website. It is also online.

https://www.gov.uk/divorce
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

desancheztorres
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by desancheztorres » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:52 pm

What do u think if I explain my case, can I get an annulment, instance of divorce?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:41 pm

You can't just go like that and void a marriage. Life doesn't have a reset or back button. You are legally married and despite your bitterness about the whole situation, you need to get divorced as soon as possible. You don't want this guy to get into trouble and you are his wife.

He can't travel with a marriage certificate. No airline would allow him to travel with just that.

But at the moment, just ignore him and get that divorce rolling so you will be free from this mess.

desancheztorres
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by desancheztorres » Thu May 28, 2020 8:46 pm

Hi, he just text me and said he is going to send all the papers to Spain if I don't tell him who is my lawyer, so that's really bad!

Can he do that, send the marriage papers to Spain without my permission?
I am very worried.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 pm

desancheztorres wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:46 pm
Hi, he just text me and said he is going to send all the papers to Spain if I don't tell him who is my lawyer, so that's really bad!

Can he do that, send the marriage papers to Spain without my permission?
I am very worried.
Send the marriage papers to Spain for what purpose :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

desancheztorres
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by desancheztorres » Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm

I have no idea, but can he validate the marriage in Spain without my help?

desancheztorres
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by desancheztorres » Thu May 28, 2020 9:55 pm

This is the message I got from him:

Can you let know where you asked for the divorce and I speak with them what they doing for that.. iff not I will call the espanish ambassad to bring the papers to espain ? Cheers

Give me the number to which lawyer did you asked and I ask him when is goona finish.. iff not I’m going to ask to espanish ambassad

What do u think about it?
Thanks

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Fri May 29, 2020 5:46 am

He is blackmailing you just. To irritate you he will go to any extend as he assumes his visa is refused because of you.

If you want some sort of peace in your life, the first step is to block him from your phone and all social media and carry on with the divorce procedure.

You shouldn’t be worry anymore, what the HO will do with him. You should only focus on yourself and save yourself from ongoing harrasment.

There is nothing that an embassy can do with a divorce application.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri May 29, 2020 7:21 am

Embassies serve their citizens ONLY. The fact that he is married to a Spanish citizen doesn't open the door to the Spanish Embassy for him.

However, what he is probably trying to do, is to take the marriage certificate and go to Spain to try to get a residence there. It probably won't work but it won't be the first time where someone is divorced/divorcing in country A but tries to claim being married in a country B.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 am

His actions make my blood boil, and he is the last person this country needs sponging off us. My advice, is to keep detailed records of his actions firstly and all correspondence.

Make contact with the courts in Liverpool again and tell / explain to them you were tricked into thinking that he was in love with you. You will not face any charges, since you have come explained the situation to them and straightened things out. You are retracting the legal documents you signed, make it clear why.

I would also maybe find out who your local MP is, and email him and explain your situation, ask for his help in contacting the HO, so you can make sure his visa application is never granted, and he is deported from the country.

You can divorce him after 2 years of separation with or without his consent. And you will not have any trouble getting it, since his marriage to you was a lie on his part. With no kids, and what sounds like no money or property to divide up, it should be straight forward.

Do not worry, you are not in any trouble, he can't do anything to you. You are here legally, and have been used, so if you are ever interviewed tell the whole truth.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri May 29, 2020 10:41 am

You may find that the easiest way to divorce is under Unreasonable Behaviour.

https://www.gov.uk/divorce
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:46 am

desancheztorres wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:58 pm
Hi, I am very sad, I would like to get help.

I got married with an Albanian guy a year ago. I was in love with him and then he asked to get married because he wanted to stay in UK with me but needed a Visa application.

So I accepted because he asked me to do this favour many times and I couldn't say no. I thought he was in love with me, too.

The process to get the Visa was so long, we had been interviewed in our house and the court, but they needed more evidence about our relationship.

Six months ago we travelled to Liverpool Home Office for an interview to demonstrate that our relationship was genuine.

After 14 days HO refused his Visa because I made some mistakes about his family's name and he was arrested by the police and I didn't know that, because he didn't tell me anything about it. So that's why they didn't want to give him the Visa.

Before going to Liverpool I said to him, no more, I was very tired to get problems about the Visa, and then, he got very aggressive, and said I had to come for appeal, because I made lot of mistakes, and it was my fault.
And also, he spent lot of money to get the Visa, taxes, fees, lawyer, etc..

At the end, I accepted, and we went to the court for appeal. the guy who helped me as interpreter said that the best option is carry on with the process because it is gonna be the last change to get the Visa.

So, I accepted as the judge gave us two options:

Come back another day with more evidence or do it in that day and finish the appeal.
I chose to carry on and finish in that day.

After 15 days, the Visa was refused again, and he got very angry with me, and said it was my fault, and left home.

He is living with his oldest brother, and me with a friend of mine.

Now, he wants I ask for a divorce and pay for everything as it was my fault and then he claims me over 1000 pounds that he says I owe him.

I don't know what to do, just I want to cry, and I would like to get help as I don't know what is gonna happens as I am completely alone in this country.

I had to sign lot of important papers during the process, like statement saying this relationship is genuine. In Liverpool I had to sign another one, like if I am lying or they detect anything about a non-genuine marriage I could be arrested and take immediately to prison.

So I was thinking to communicate to HO, about my current situation and asking for a divorce but I am not sure if I can get in troubles as I signed lot of papers with no consent.

Of course, I have evidence about his behaviour, text, images, and much more that demonstrate he used me to gain the Visa and as he didn't get it, now he doesn't want to carry on with the relation.

Many thanks, and I hope someone can help me with nice advice.
Hi Torres,
No need to be sad, really,, please dont be sad or unhappy.
I think you have been very lucky to escape a life of being treated bad.
I am sure you are a lovely person, and you deserve much better than a person who is being bad to you now, and will probably be much more bad later.

If Liverpool have asked you to go and interview with them, then they did not do it for any reason.
They do searching and they have found something about him, that does not fit their plans.
So they ask you and him to explain.

I think this person who you were in love with, was actually just using you to get to be in UK.

After he would arrive and be permanent in UK, then I am sure he would be very bad to you, and he would give you a lot of unhappy times.
I might be wrong, but I dont think I will be wrong.

What you should do is arrange to go to Liverpool office by yourself.
Tell them your feelings, and that you feel you are now being used .
Tell them that before, you felt differently, and that you were very muchin love with him.
Tell him he was giving you lots of love and attention, but now things have changed.
Be honest with them.
They will not be bad to you.
They understand women more than you think, and you should be lucky they spotted something that didnt quite be right.

They actually helped you, now it is your turn to help them.

They will be sympathetic to you, and they understand how easy it is for nice women to be cheated and tricked.

Hope all is ok, so dont worry.

Graham W.