ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few confusion questions from Immigration casework under ILR via Tier1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MarsF
Newly Registered

A few confusion questions from Immigration casework under ILR via Tier1

Post by MarsF » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:03 pm

I got a letter from caseworker, the letter said:”UK Visas and Immigration have received a Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR application for yourself and 2 dependants, before UK Visas and Immigration can check this whilst awaiting your biometrics, can you please provide the following information:

Life in the UK Test certificates for yourself and your spouse (or any dependant over the age of 18)

You provided an IELTS certificate dated 16 August 2014, can you please provide an updated English language certificate

Can you please provide the above information before 14 October 2020 to the email address above to enable UK Visas and Immigration to carry on checking your application.”My questions are 1. I don’t have life in UK certificate hard copy and I’ve scanned it to them why they need certificate? Another question is they guidance said I can use my previous English result which I used it as entry clearance visa before. Why they ask me to update my English results. Please can anyone give me suggestions what I should do to reply them. Many thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: A few confusion questions from Immigration casework under ILR via Tier1

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:07 pm

MarsF wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:03 pm
I got a letter from caseworker, the letter said:”UK Visas and Immigration have received a Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR application for yourself and 2 dependants, before UK Visas and Immigration can check this whilst awaiting your biometrics, can you please provide the following information:

Life in the UK Test certificates for yourself and your spouse (or any dependant over the age of 18)

You provided an IELTS certificate dated 16 August 2014, can you please provide an updated English language certificate

Can you please provide the above information before 14 October 2020 to the email address above to enable UK Visas and Immigration to carry on checking your application.”My questions are 1. I don’t have life in UK certificate hard copy and I’ve scanned it to them why they need certificate? Another question is they guidance said I can use my previous English result which I used it as entry clearance visa before. Why they ask me to update my English results. Please can anyone give me suggestions what I should do to reply them. Many thanks!
You need to reply them accordingly for life in uk test but your English test should have been on the ukvi list.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MarsF
Newly Registered

Post by MarsF » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:12 pm

I did scan life in uk to them. I don’t know why they ask me again?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:15 pm

MarsF wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:12 pm
Thats fine. Just provide them again and take an approved SELT B1 asap and provide them the result before 14th Oct. You are lucky CW is requesting further documents and did not refuse right away.

https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... SE-grade-5
Last edited by CULLINAN on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:15 pm

MarsF wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:12 pm
Simply act fast whatever being instructed despite you knew of been standing correct.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:19 pm

BTW Life in UK is needed for your spouse and any 18+ dependents also (if they applied for ILR also). Hope you provided for them also and not only yourself?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

MarsF
Newly Registered

Post by MarsF » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 pm

Thank you guys for quick response. I didn’t take B1 test because my lawyer said I can use my IELTs. So I am not sure I can book B1 test under current pandemic ASAP.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:31 pm

MarsF wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 pm
Thank you guys for quick response. I didn’t take B1 test because my lawyer said I can use my IELTs. So I am not sure I can book B1 test under current pandemic ASAP.
Most often the lawyers aren't up-to-date. However, if you have an overseas bachelor degree then may consider to get it assessed under naric red route in lieu of B1 test. Majority of times naric assessment is much quicker than the preloaded dates for english test.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:32 pm

MarsF wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 pm
What level was the test you submitted then?? If it was a level less than B1 and a test and test centre no longer in the current ukvi list, it won't be accepted for ilr.

Did you submit B1 and liuk for all your dependents who are over 18?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:08 am

MarsF wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:03 pm

You are indeed favoured by the case worker to be requesting this. Check that documents mentioned or requested was supplied for you and spouse/partner and dependents over 18yrs applying.
If you need other clarification do ask the forum, the 14th is not that far and pointed advice can aid you in getting the necessaries before deadline.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:20 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:08 am
You are indeed favoured by the case worker to be requesting this.
Caseworkers are instructed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:46 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:20 am
Caseworkers are instructed.
Thanks on that Vinny, many a case where following that instruction would have saved time, money and tortous time for applicant but was not and had to be reapplication or appeal for it to be resolved (a colleague was a victim of this and in FTT judge raised that point if the eco asked her for the documents before refusal)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:11 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:46 am
(a colleague was a victim of this and in FTT judge raised that point if the eco asked her for the documents before refusal)
A good question from the judge.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MarsF
Newly Registered

I’m going to have a interview on my ILR application via Tier1

Post by MarsF » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi guys,
I am having an interview on my IRL application. I am kind of nervous. My application route is T1 entrepreneur to IRL. I am just wondering anyone can give me some advice about what interview will be? What questions CW will ask me? Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: I’m going to have a interview on my ILR application via Tier1

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:11 pm

MarsF wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:04 pm
Hi guys,
I am having an interview on my IRL application. I am kind of nervous. My application route is T1 entrepreneur to IRL. I am just wondering anyone can give me some advice about what interview will be? What questions CW will ask me? Many thanks!
uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/entreprene ... 39738.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MarsF
Newly Registered

Post by MarsF » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:59 am

Thanks CR001 for giving me link about list of possible questions. I had Entrepreneur visa extension already. Now I am going to have interviews under my IRL application. Are those questions still applying? Thank you very much!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:26 am

MarsF wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:59 am
Thanks CR001 for giving me link about list of possible questions. I had Entrepreneur visa extension already. Now I am going to have interviews under my IRL application. Are those questions still applying? Thank you very much!
Yes. Questions will be similar. You should be prepared for all types of questions.

MarsF
Newly Registered

Post by MarsF » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:14 pm

@Cr001 Thank you very much!Have a nice day,stay safe!