ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super Priority Service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Otenec
Nigeria

ILR

Post by Otenec » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:26 pm

I am at the point of applying for ILR based on Long residence. My current visa is Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa where I am the Director and own 100% share of the company's dividends. After my yearly accounting and tax return, the profit all belong to me because I am not on salary.

Since I was already 10 yrs here since October 2020 I decided to use the long Residence route.

My confusion now is, one of the questions on the visa form asked about my job status and I wrote Director of a company.

1. Please may I know if my answer is correct?
2. And I was asked how much my salary is, as I am not on salary what should my answer be?

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Otenec
Nigeria

Gap in visa

Post by Otenec » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:38 pm

I applied to extend my Tier 1 visa on May 5 2017 in date, was refused on 13th March 2018. I applied for review within the 15 days allowed and it came back refused in April. I reapplied on 5th May 2018 within the 14 days allowed and got my visa on the 9th Jan 2020.

Please, have I had any gap during those periods of refusal, review and reapplication? This is between 13th March 2018 and 5th May 2018 when I having a review before making a reapplication.

Thanks very much for your help.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:16 pm

First of all, keep all your ILR related questions under one thread.
The questions regarding your employment are not important. Also, your period of overstaying will be disregard under paragraph 39E.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Otenec
Nigeria

Unsure of Number of Days away from the UK

Post by Otenec » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:30 am

First of all, thanks very much Zimba for your fast response to my earlier post. I still have a question please.

I entered the UK on the 22/09/2010. I left shortly on 1/10/2010 and returned on 10/10/10. Since then, I have gone away many times but until Dec 4th 2020, I had been outside the UK for 484 days. However, between December 2020 and 3rd June 2021, I was away again for another 103 days. I know that these figures when added up, exceed the 540 days allowed in 10 years. It was not caused by Covid19 travel rules. Can I rely on the fact that by the time I was 10 years in the UK I had spent less than 540 days away, therefore, any number of days away now will be ignored in my favour meaning, I have not exceeded the allowed number of days to be away in 10 years? What should I do if it will be seen that I have exceeded the number allowed?

Thanks again for what you are doing.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Unsure of Number of Days away from the UK

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:52 pm

You should only apply when you last 10 years does not include more than 540 days
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Otenec
Nigeria

Priority/ Super Priority Visa Service

Post by Otenec » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:59 pm

Sorry, I did not mean to repeat the post, I realised that I didn't specify the route.

Hello Zimba,
Please may I know if the Priority or Super Priority Visa Service application for indefinite Leave to Remain has reopened since it was closed due to covid19 Policy. I have read too many information online that I do not know which one to believe anymore. Thanks for your usual help. :D

zimba
Mood:

Re: Priority/ Super Priority Visa Service

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:48 am

Yes it is offered by UKVI. The priority service is very sought after, UKVI will only offer it if they manage the applications so you may not get that option online

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:01 pm

I completed my wife’s ILR(M) application on Sunday and there only option shown as standard. I checked again on Monday but no change.

However on Tuesday at 2:30am it also showed Super Priority Service. I wanted to double check the application form so didn’t book then.

At 10:00am on the same Tuesday it was still showing Super Priority Service and I selected and paid for that option.

You might want to keep checking so long as you are still within 28 days of the oldest dated document and also that the visa isn’t expiring sooner.

Otenec
Nigeria

Post by Otenec » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:48 pm

Thanks very much for the advice. That was very helpful.

Otenec
Nigeria

ILR

Post by Otenec » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:45 pm

Hi Zimba,
In my son's application for ILR there is a question that says ...do you have other reasons for wanting to remain in the UK, and we answered yes. The reasons are that he last visited home 8 years ago. He has all his families here which include Mum, brother and sisters. My confusion now is, one of the mandatory document on the checklist asked for a document to support his reason for applying to remain in the UK. Please what should that document be?

Thanks for your kind support. :D :D

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:00 am

Otenec wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:45 pm
Hi Zimba,
In my son's application for ILR there is a question that says ...do you have other reasons for wanting to remain in the UK, and we answered yes. The reasons are that he last visited home 8 years ago. He has all his families here which include Mum, brother and sisters. My confusion now is, one of the mandatory document on the checklist asked for a document to support his reason for applying to remain in the UK. Please what should that document be?

Thanks for your kind support. :D :D
The answer to that question should be NO. There is no other reason to put

Otenec
Nigeria

Post by Otenec » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:42 pm

Thanks very much. That was helpful.

Otenec
Nigeria

Post by Otenec » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:53 am

Hello Zimba,
Please do you know if there is Priority Service for ILR on SET(O)?
Thanks very much for what you and your Team are doing.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:10 pm

Otenec wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:53 am
Hello Zimba,
Please do you know if there is Priority Service for ILR on SET(O)?
Thanks very much for what you and your Team are doing.
https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk

Otenec
Nigeria

540 Days Absence Rule Pls

Post by Otenec » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:41 pm

Please Admin understand with me. I understand that I have posted questions here that are quite related but I am stull in a bit confused state.
My current status allows me to go for ILR on either SET O or SET L but I will rather go with SET L because I can find Priority service on it whereas SET O doesn't have it for main applicant.

Please, I first arrived in this country on the 22nd Sept 2010 on Tier 4. Then switched to Post Study in 2012, then to Tier 2 Entrepreneur in 2014. I applied for Extension in 2017 and Refused Extension in 2018. Reapplied immediately and granted 2 years in Jan 2020. I have always applied in date or within 14 days of AR and you have clarified to me here that my concern about 3C is covered by Paragraph 39.

Now I am 10 years 11 months here. One of my children who came a month after me as my dependant has got his ILR in June. I am aware I am due but my confusion now is, by the 22nd Sept 2020 which was my 10th Year, and up to 3rd Jan 2021 I had been away for just 537 days but never longer than is allowed in any visa year.

However, in between 3rd March and today, I had a very stringent need to be away and did for 91 days which takes me 88 days above my limit for allowable absence in 10 years. Waiting to erase the excess means waiting till around 2013 before cleaning off the excess but I would have no visa any more as the current one expires on the 9th January 2022. Am I still okay within the rules of 540 days because I complied when I was 10 here?
Please what is your advice.
Sorry for the long post.
Thanks very much.

zimba
Mood:

Re: 540 Days Absence Rule Pls

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:26 am

If you already completed a 10 year period lawfully and meet the absence requirement in that period, what happened afterwards is irrelevant. You can rely on that 10 year period alone to get ILR. You should be fine

Otenec
Nigeria

Re: 540 Days Absence Rule Pls

Post by Otenec » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:35 pm

Thanks very much.

Otenec
Nigeria

How to cancel an application

Post by Otenec » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:15 pm

Please I need help with how to cancel an application for ILR. I want to apply for the priority service and did not know that it is at the point of payment that I will be able to choose, I thought it is when booking for Biometric appointment. So I need to cancel the one I have submitted and paid for and fill out another form and wait until I find a Priority appointment before I pay. Please help to understand how to cancel and get refund. I have not sent my document yet nor done Biometric scanning. Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:38 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:48 am
Yes it is offered by UKVI. The priority service is very sought after, UKVI will only offer it if they manage the applications so you may not get that option online
You were advised about this. I specifically said UKVI and not UKVCAS :?

zimba
Mood:

Re: How to cancel an application

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:39 pm

Otenec wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:15 pm
Please I need help with how to cancel an application for ILR. I want to apply for the priority service and did not know that it is at the point of payment that I will be able to choose, I thought it is when booking for Biometric appointment. So I need to cancel the one I have submitted and paid for and fill out another form and wait until I find a Priority appointment before I pay. Please help to understand how to cancel and get refund. I have not sent my document yet nor done Biometric scanning. Thanks.
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

Otenec
Nigeria

Post by Otenec » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:35 am

Thanks very much. I have tried using the form you sent on link but it keeps saying the application reference I was inputting is not a valid number as they are referring to CASE id whereas what I have is UNIQUE APPLICATION NUMBER.

How do I solve the problem please. Thanks.

Otenec
Nigeria

Post by Otenec » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:29 pm

Dear Zimba,
Yes, you gave me this link below but I replied that after putting in my details it gave me error message because the type of Reference number I have is different from what they are asking for.

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

Pls can anyone help with a link different from this.
Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:38 pm

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

I put a random number in the case ID and it accepted it. :?

Otenec
Nigeria

Post by Otenec » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:32 am

Thanks.
The only reference number I have goes like this.

UNIQUE APPLICATION NUMBER: 1212-0001-1601-xxxx/xx

The x is used to hide the remaining numbers.
May be I am not doing it well. Could you try it for me? There is no where I have anything on my application that they are asking for.
I have tried calling them and for a whole hour after they pick, the call drops immediately. Pls help. Thanks.

field error: 'Home office reference

A Home Office reference number begins with a letter (the first letter of the surname of the applicant) and is then followed by 7 numbers. The Home Office reference number is the number the main applicant was given by us when we received their application for citizenship.
' (Popup Window)Home office reference
A Home Office reference number begins with a letter (the first letter of the surname of the applicant) and is then followed by 7 numbers. The Home Office reference number is the number the main applicant was given by us when we received their application for citizenship.

Please tell us the Home Office reference you received when applying for citizenship. It will be the first letter of your family name, followed by 7 digits.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:37 am

Leave the Home office reference empty. Only fill the first box