ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Application Documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

UK Visit Visa Application

Post by Aadil123 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:47 pm

Hi Team
Happy new year to you all
I am British Citizen and living here in UK with my family for last 10 years

Parent Visit Visa :

We submitted the visit visa application for my parents to join us in welcoming their grandchildren’s in this world.

2016 Application :
My father is GOVT retired officer and runs a small business in Lahore , Pakistan. His monthly income comes from the following sources , Pension, Rented property, Son support and Business income.
2016 Application was submitted on the basis that my parents will bear 50% travel expenses I will bear the rest
Application was rejected based on the following reasons
1. Funds for Travel -Case Worker Objection
“ You have said you are self-employed as the proprietor of Faisal G Trader and that you earn 318GBP per month. I acknowledge that you have provided documents concerning the existence of the business. On the basis of the document however you haven’t demonstrated that you are in receipt of income claimed on monthly basis. You have provided a bank statement in respect of business but haven’t demonstrated that you have sole access to the money in the account or that is available to be used for private and personal purposes. “

2. Funds provided by my brother to Mother for Travel-Case Worker Objection
“You have provided a statement in respect of your bank account which had a balance on the 12/4/16 of 500500 PKR, The only transaction history on the account is 2 credits totalling 500500PKR. The money in your account is unexplained and is more than 10 times of your husband claimed monthly income. As the provenance and source of this money is unexplained I am therefore not satisfied that it is available to you for your exclusive use.

2018 Application : It was rejected as we didn’t provide explanation on the objections raised by case worker on 2016 application. Though I mentioned that I will bear all the travel expenses.
2023 Application
To clear the above objections I need to write an explanation letter
1. Explanation of Objection 1
Please see below the table of sources used to calculate my father income.

Source (PKR) Supporting Documents
Pension (45,000)----------->Bank Statement + Letter from employer showing that pension amount /month
Property Rent(25,000)----->Tenancy Agreement – Rent paid as cash
Son Support(70,000K)----->Son bank statement and Father bank statement showing transactions
Business Income ------------>Income Tax filed for 2021-2022
------------>Bank Statement-showing cash in/out flows
------------>Self-employed registration document
--->Bank Letter showing that my father is the sole account holder of the business account Amount drawn through cheques for personal expenses if required.

Father monthly income is 150,000(PKR) additional funds are available in Business account for his personal use
Questions :
1. my understanding is in Self-employed business, business funds can be used for personal purposes ?
Which supporting document should we use to prove this ?
2. Would it be sufficient if we enclosed letter from my brother confirming that he had provided the funds to mother for travel ?
3. What other ties we can use to confirm that parent will return backhome on completion of their visit?

Thank you very much for your help

Regards
Adil

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK Visit Visa Application

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:14 am

Aadil123 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:47 pm
Hi Team
Happy new year to you all
I am British Citizen and living here in UK with my family for last 10 years

Parent Visit Visa :

We submitted the visit visa application for my parents to join us in welcoming their grandchildren’s in this world.

2016 Application :
My father is GOVT retired officer and runs a small business in Lahore , Pakistan. His monthly income comes from the following sources , Pension, Rented property, Son support and Business income.
2016 Application was submitted on the basis that my parents will bear 50% travel expenses I will bear the rest
Application was rejected based on the following reasons
1. Funds for Travel -Case Worker Objection
“ You have said you are self-employed as the proprietor of Faisal G Trader and that you earn 318GBP per month. I acknowledge that you have provided documents concerning the existence of the business. On the basis of the document however you haven’t demonstrated that you are in receipt of income claimed on monthly basis. You have provided a bank statement in respect of business but haven’t demonstrated that you have sole access to the money in the account or that is available to be used for private and personal purposes. “ Refusal is correct. Company accounts and personal accounts aren't one and the same. Moreso, if he was fully sponsoring himself to the UK, his monthly income wouldn't have been enough.

2. Funds provided by my brother to Mother for Travel-Case Worker Objection
“You have provided a statement in respect of your bank account which had a balance on the 12/4/16 of 500500 PKR, The only transaction history on the account is 2 credits totalling 500500PKR. The money in your account is unexplained and is more than 10 times of your husband claimed monthly income. As the provenance and source of this money is unexplained I am therefore not satisfied that it is available to you for your exclusive use. Was there a letter from your brother saying that this was his account? Also that he's willing to fully sponsor your mum to the UK?

2018 Application : It was rejected as we didn’t provide explanation on the objections raised by case worker on 2016 application. I doubt that, as every application is judged based on it's own merit. Reference might be made to a previous application, if it's clear that your personal circumstances hasn't improved. But a rejection wouldn't be made based on a previous application except one has triggered a 10 year ban. Though I mentioned that I will bear all the travel expenses. Did you attach your bank statement and payslips for 6 months. Just saying it isn't enough. Did you try to sponsor both parents at once, or just individually?
2023 Application
To clear the above objections I need to write an explanation letter
1. Explanation of Objection 1
Please see below the table of sources used to calculate my father income.

Source (PKR) Supporting Documents
Pension (45,000)----------->Bank Statement + Letter from employer showing that pension amount /month
Property Rent(25,000)----->Tenancy Agreement – Rent paid as cash
Son Support(70,000K)----->Son bank statement and Father bank statement showing transactions
Business Income ------------>Income Tax filed for 2021-2022
------------>Bank Statement-showing cash in/out flows
------------>Self-employed registration document
--->Bank Letter showing that my father is the sole account holder of the business account Amount drawn through cheques for personal expenses if required. It would have made more sense if you also showed what this was in pounds sterling. I personally don't know what this figures are. It might be enough, it might be too small.

Father monthly income is 150,000(PKR) additional funds are available in Business account for his personal use Business account isn't treated as his money. This is a common mistake made by a lot of people. Example, my directors can't just deep their fingers in the company coffers and do what they like without proper approval from the board and the accounting department. So that money isn't their money. But no one queries what they do with their personal accounts, because that's exactly what it is. Personal.
Questions :
1. my understanding is in Self-employed business, business funds can be used for personal purposes ? Nope, not in this side of the world.
Which supporting document should we use to prove this ?
2. Would it be sufficient if we enclosed letter from my brother confirming that he had provided the funds to mother for travel ? Letter, 6 months statements and payslips to back it up. No sudden unexplained monies lodged in. Even if he had a thrift payment made to him. He should get a receipt and attach. Forensic accounting.
3. What other ties we can use to confirm that parent will return backhome on completion of their visit? At over 60 years of age, nothing really. You just need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you're financially strong enough to afford the trip. Not scraping the bottom of the barrel (hypothetically speaking).

Thank you very much for your help

Regards
Adil
I hope the little points made allows you to see things differently.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:05 am

Hi
Thanks for your reply

1. Was there a letter from your brother saying that this was his account? Also that he's willing to fully sponsor your mum to the UK?
Aadil: We didnt submit it initially , will do it in next application to provide explanation on the objections raised by Case worker. Would that be acceptable as we cannot provide bank statement showing transactions account has been closed.?

2.Business account isn't treated as his money. This is a common mistake made by a lot of people. Example, my directors can't just deep their fingers in the company coffers and do what they like without proper approval from the board and the accounting department. So that money isn't their money. But no one queries what they do with their personal accounts, because that's exactly what it is. Personal.
Aadil123: If we transfer the declared profit amount from business to personal , would that be considered as personal income ?

3. Letter, 6 months statements and payslips to back it up. No sudden unexplained monies lodged in. Even if he had a thrift payment made to him. He should get a receipt and attach. Forensic accounting.
Aadil123: Both my mother and brother have been closed and we dont have access to statements , the amount transferred was in 2016 , now to provide justification , can we enclosed a letter from my brother explaining that amount was gift for mum for travel expenses ?

4. t over 60 years of age, nothing really. You just need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you're financially strong enough to afford the trip. Not scraping the bottom of the barrel (hypothetically speaking).
Aadil123: If i fully sponsor them would that be a strong case, or do we need to split the expense by myself bearing 50% or they bear 50% of expense ?

Thanks for your help

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:29 am

Aadil123 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:05 am
Hi
Thanks for your reply

1. Was there a letter from your brother saying that this was his account? Also that he's willing to fully sponsor your mum to the UK?
Aadil: We didnt submit it initially , will do it in next application to provide explanation on the objections raised by Case worker. Would that be acceptable as we cannot provide bank statement showing transactions account has been closed.? Like I mentioned earlier, all new applications are judged on it's own merit and current living/financial conditions. It would be nice if the letter is in relation to a current application. Not sure they'd care much about an application explanation from 6 years ago. But you can do that if you please, no harm done.

2.Business account isn't treated as his money. This is a common mistake made by a lot of people. Example, my directors can't just deep their fingers in the company coffers and do what they like without proper approval from the board and the accounting department. So that money isn't their money. But no one queries what they do with their personal accounts, because that's exactly what it is. Personal.
Aadil123: If we transfer the declared profit amount from business to personal , would that be considered as personal income ? Profits cannot be moved when you please. How else would the business grow? What your dad needs to do is to place himself on a monthly salary. Transfer same amount consistently to himself as his wages. If he pleases, he can use some for business purposes, but there has to be a consistency and a balance. Further down the line in the application, he would be asked how much he spends monthly on living costs. That's were the danger might show it head. The visa application questionnaire has very similar questions that are designed to rope you up, if all isn't as smooth as it should be. Easy to answer if all is rosy as well.

3. Letter, 6 months statements and payslips to back it up. No sudden unexplained monies lodged in. Even if he had a thrift payment made to him. He should get a receipt and attach. Forensic accounting.
Aadil123: Both my mother and brother have been closed and we dont have access to statements , the amount transferred was in 2016 , now to provide justification , can we enclosed a letter from my brother explaining that amount was gift for mum for travel expenses ? As above, move on from that, and perfect the next application.

4. t over 60 years of age, nothing really. You just need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you're financially strong enough to afford the trip. Not scraping the bottom of the barrel (hypothetically speaking).
Aadil123: If i fully sponsor them would that be a strong case, or do we need to split the expense by myself bearing 50% or they bear 50% of expense ? Either way is good. You need to show that you're in a good place to sponsor them. I mean you should have enough money in your account and earning decent pay.

Thanks for your help
Bit of an advise, break up the application into 2. Let your dad apply first, then later on let your mum apply. Nothing wrong with the pair of them applying at once if all is good, but it just shows a bit of family ties that your dad wouldn't runaway and leave you mum and vice versa.
Also, if it goes south, it saves you from losing double fees.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:34 am

Thank you very much

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Visit Visa Application Documents

Post by Aadil123 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:19 pm

HI all

I am in process of submitting my parents visa application , i am British Citizen and my parents are holding Pakistani Nationality. We been asked to provide the following documents .

Could you please help me by confirming the following documents would be sufficient as supporting documents ?

1. Evidence of funds available to you, and which are clearly accessible by you- Bank statement , Letter from bank that you are sole account holder
2. Evidence of support you will receive from your sponsor including details of what support is being provided and how I would be fully sponsoring the trip
shall me or my brother transfer some amount to parents bank account , if yes then what figure it should be ?
3. Evidence of the relationship, if any, between you and your sponsor
can we use my Passport and Family card which contain information about father /mother and their kids
4. Evidence that your sponsor is not, or will not be, in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of your visit
What document evidence we should provide to support this ?
5. Invitation from your UK based family or friend(s) and evidence of their permission to be in the UK
Can we just write a simple invitation letter , would that be sufficient ?

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Visit Visa Application Documents

Post by lolo2 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:42 pm

The post below contains the answers to basically all your questions, with a successful application for the OP. Check it out.

general-uk-immigration-forum/visitors-v ... 32611.html

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:49 pm

Thanks for your reply , only the below isn't included in that post

4. Evidence that your sponsor is not, or will not be, in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of your visit
What document evidence we should provide to support this ?

Could you please help me on the above one

Thanks

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:00 pm

That one is also answered there.
4. Evidence that the sponsor is not breaching UK immigration laws: your BRP/British passport
Have a read of the entire post. It has the list from the actual application website with examples of supporting documents you can upload for each item.

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:21 am

Thanks