ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No 'Dependant young adult' option for EU citizens?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

youngadult18
Newly Registered
Ireland

18 yo EU citizen living in Ireland: Proof of residency

Post by youngadult18 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:23 am

Hi everyone,

I'm an EU citizen (born as one) living in Ireland since the age of 4, moved here with my parents, no permits or stamps required for any of us - therefore can't be presented as proof either.
Currently doing 6th year in secondary school, still living with my parents.

Under the new online system, is this truly the only thing that's needed for proof of residency in my case:
For a dependent young adult (aged 18-23): A letter from your school or college showing your date of registration and attendance
Thank you.

meself2
Ireland

Re: 18 yo EU citizen living in Ireland: Proof of residency

Post by meself2 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:30 am

youngadult18 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:23 am
is this truly the only thing that's needed for proof of residency in my case:
I wouldn't say so; it was always stated as a possible proof, showing its acceptable for this category of people, but it's not exhaustive.
It states on citizenshipinformation (https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... on/#9e9cf3 ) that you can use your parents' proofs of residence instead.

I added bank statements back in the day.

You can email them to check while you're gathering documents - if it's the only document and if not, whether it's A or B.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

youngadult18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by youngadult18 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:43 pm

Thank you for your response. I better start collecting my dad's utility bills and bank statements now.

youngadult18
Newly Registered
Ireland

No 'Dependant young adult' option for EU citizens?

Post by youngadult18 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:09 pm

Hi everyone,

As soon as I select my EU nationality on the online application form the entire 'Residency permissions' section is gone - which is fine - but that's the only place on the entire application form where it'd ask "Are you applying as a 'Dependant young adult'".

Is this as expected please?

Will they simply see my age and that I've submitted my dad's identity and proof of residency documents and they'll just do the right/correct thing automatically without me ever stating anywhere that I want to apply as a a 'Dependant young adult'?

Thank you.

meself2
Ireland

Re: No 'Dependant young adult' option for EU citizens?

Post by meself2 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:01 pm

We don't know I'm afraid - they moved it online only a few months ago. You're going to have to find out!

Maybe you can upload a cover letter to explain this for safety sake (don't know what sections are there)?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

youngadult18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by youngadult18 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:26 am

Thank you for your response.

There is no free-text field for personal comments other than a tiny description field for each document submitted. Maybe I can write in that comment field: "Passport - Dependant Young Adult". Would that be a good idea you reckon?

These are the categories for document submissions (it's a dropdown list):
  • Proof of Identity (I'm going to upload my passport, my birth cert, my dad's passport and the certification forms for both passports)
  • Proof of Residency (I'm going to upload my school attendance letter, GP attendance letter and my dad's proof of residency documents - he does achieve 150 points for each year in question)
  • Proof of relationship / family status (N/A - my birth cert above shows my dad's name and my name, therefore relationship proven)
  • Proof of spouse / family member citizenship (N/A - the passports above prove my citizenship and my dad's citizenship)
  • Refugee status letter (N/A, we're EU citizens)
  • Spousal declaration (N/A, I'm single - and applying based on residency)
  • Letter of Authorisation (N/A)
Does this look OK please?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:28 am

What I could suggest is to add a cover letter explaining "I'm a EU citizen who is a young adult, hence my proof of residence is my parents' proof and college/school letters" into the proof of residency section?

youngadult18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by youngadult18 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:40 am

Thank you, I'll do as you suggested!

anurag120
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by anurag120 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:46 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:30 am
youngadult18 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:23 am
is this truly the only thing that's needed for proof of residency in my case:
I wouldn't say so; it was always stated as a possible proof, showing its acceptable for this category of people, but it's not exhaustive.
It states on citizenshipinformation ((https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... on/#9e9cf3 ) ) that you can use your parents' proofs of residence instead.

I added bank statements back in the day.

You can email them to check while you're gathering documents - if it's the only document and if not, whether it's A or B.
Yes, if you are an EU citizen living in Ireland since childhood, your enrollment in a secondary school in Ireland could be considered as proof of residency under certain circumstances. However, it's essential to check with the relevant authorities for specific requirements and guidance.