ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vary or cancel visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moongirl88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Extension of the Student dependent visa UK

Post by Moongirl88 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:11 pm

Hi,
My husband has extended his doctoral study until June 2024. Now he has BRP that expires in the end of January 2024. He is applying to extend his visa. As his family members me and our kids also have BRP that expires in January and we are also applying to extend our visas. After submission of dependent application I’ve noticed that there’s was no question about the application number of the main applicant. It just asked his name, his passport number, sponsor university number, and his current BRP. I think the problem arised when the form asked does already the student has student immigration permission, and I replied yes, because currently he has it, but given that he applied to extension of visa maybe he has not yet it? I am confused at this stage. What would be your advice? Cancel my application? Or can include a letter in my supporting documents indicating his application number? Thank you! P.s. I have submitted my application but I haven’t book an appointment yet

Moongirl88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Vary or cancel visa application

Post by Moongirl88 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:43 am

Hi all,
I applied for an extension of the Student dependent visa and just found that I applied for the wrong visa. As you know, there are two options for dependents: applying at the same time with the main applicant and applying later. I submitted my application as applying later while actually I am applying at the same time. Could you please advise - is it better to cancel my application? Or to vary my application by creating new application and indicate the number of my previous application? Thank you!

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Vary or cancel visa application

Post by sah10406 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:26 am

Moongirl88 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:11 pm
What would be your advice?
Stop over-thinking everything.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.