ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I good enough for peer review route?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

md88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Does University Ranking Matter? for peer review

Post by md88 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:28 pm

Hi all,

Do I need to have graduated from a top university to be considered for endorsement under Route 4?
For your information, I obtained my PhD and MSc from a UK university, but it ranked 97th in UK.

Regards,

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Does University Ranking Matter? for peer review

Post by lolo2 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:58 pm

No, that's irrelevant.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Does University Ranking Matter? for peer review

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:45 am

md88 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:28 pm
Hi all,

Do I need to have graduated from a top university to be considered for endorsement under Route 4?
For your information, I obtained my PhD and MSc from a UK university, but it ranked 97th in UK.

Regards,
University ranking does not influence your getting endorsement.

md88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Am I good enough for peer review route?

Post by md88 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:51 pm

I just awarded a PhD last month and have 12 published papers, where I'm either the main author or a co-author. I got two recommendation letters from eminent persons, but I'm not sure if that's good enough for the peer review route. I've been teaching at a university in the UK for 4 years.

I'd really like some advice before I send in my application.
Many thanks

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Am I good enough for peer review route?

Post by lolo2 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:38 pm

This is a question for the endorsing body really.

Check the requirements on the endorsing body website and compare with your credentials to assess what are your chances to be endorsed. Also try to contact other foreign academic staff at your university who might be on a GTV and ask how they prepared their applications. Checking out posts here from members who applied under the same route would also help. Every endorsement is assessed on its own merits but it's always worth to see how others did it.

If you've been teaching at a HEI for four years, you can speak with your line manager and the HR department and seek support to apply under route 1 (fast-track), which is more "straightforward".