ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drshashi

Naturalisation application delay

Post by drshashi » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:31 pm

Hey all, needed some advice regarding me and my wife's naturalisation application.
I recently received an email stating that our application wouldn't be processed within the 6 month period. I am really Dissappointed and frustrated as I thought me and my wife had pretty straight forward applications.

I'm a NHS Consultant. I was a doctor in training all these years and my wife was a dependent. I had a tier 2 General visa prior to my ILR. My ILR got approved within 24 hours. The only thing I can think of is I had a Traffic violation and they asked me to attend a course to avoid getting any points. As I understand you have to declare this in your application only if you have received any points on your license. But I Didn't. I did not disclose the same for my ILR application and it got approved. I am perplexed whether this could have resulted in the delay.

Can anyone guide how to communicate with home office regarding the same.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation application delay

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:36 pm

The email you received is purely and advice that they are late in processing your application - a standard email received by many applicants. It is not an indication that there is an issue with your application - I do understand your concerns.
If you wish to take this further please review a guide from this forum: british-citizenship/6-months-plus-waiti ... 43483.html
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:45 am

drshashi wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:31 pm
Hey all, needed some advice regarding me and my wife's naturalisation application.
I recently received an email stating that our application wouldn't be processed within the 6 month period. I am really Dissappointed and frustrated as I thought me and my wife had pretty straight forward applications.

I'm a NHS Consultant. I was a doctor in training all these years and my wife was a dependent. I had a tier 2 General visa prior to my ILR. My ILR got approved within 24 hours. The only thing I can think of is I had a Traffic violation and they asked me to attend a course to avoid getting any points. As I understand you have to declare this in your application only if you have received any points on your license. But I Didn't. I did not disclose the same for my ILR application and it got approved. I am perplexed whether this could have resulted in the delay.

Can anyone guide how to communicate with home office regarding the same.

Thanks
Why the disappointment; some plans that a delay may distrupt?, its openly available info that it can take up to 6months or more and some get it faster.
It may have nothing to do with what you are thinking.

drshashi

Post by drshashi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:18 am

Thanks guys I will wait for further input from Home office. The disappointment was that I was hoping to travel to the US to see my family, now it seems difficult. as visa appointments for non British passports were very far fetched.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:54 am

It is difficult to plan around citizenship approval timelines. Many people try their luck and some manage, but some applications take a bit longer. Hopefully you can amend your travel plans.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:41 pm

drshashi wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:18 am
Thanks guys I will wait for further input from Home office. The disappointment was that I was hoping to travel to the US to see my family, now it seems difficult. as visa appointments for non British passports were very far fetched.
When it comes to immigration and citizenship applications, it will put rest of mind if any plans for travel can be shelved till it is all sorted.
Even HO post such notes.

drshashi

Post by drshashi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:03 pm

Yea I've learnt my lesson. I will have to scamper for visa now.. thanks everyone for reassurance.

Regards

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:38 am

drshashi wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:03 pm
Yea I've learnt my lesson. I will have to scamper for visa now.. thanks everyone for reassurance.

Regards
Hi,

Sorry for tagging your post, have you received the approval yet?

drshashi

Post by drshashi » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:08 pm

No mate, still nothing yet. I am in the process of SAR application, just to see if that helps with my application.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:22 pm

drshashi wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:08 pm
No mate, still nothing yet. I am in the process of SAR application, just to see if that helps with my application.
Hopefully won't be long, I received my detailed SAR on 3rd April, and nothing useful really.

drshashi

Post by drshashi » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:30 pm

Luckily my citizenship application was approved today. Good luck all.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:00 am

drshashi wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:30 pm
Luckily my citizenship application was approved today. Good luck all.
Congratulations and hopefully you meet up with earlier said trip.

drshashi

Post by drshashi » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:25 pm

Thanks a lot. The home office continues to keep its tradition of unpredictability.