ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise - will be extremely thankful

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bilal5489
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Please advise - will be extremely thankful

Post by Bilal5489 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:55 pm

Dear All,

I will be extremely thankful if anyone answer my questions below: (applying for UK Naturalisation, received BRP through spouse route)

I was adopted by a different family. However, there is no official adoption in Pakistan; my biological father's name remains on both my national identification card and passport. It was specified on the application that parents' names, dates of birth, city where they were born, and country details be provided. What details do I need to fill in, either my biological parents or the adoptive parents? As mentioned, all my documents have my biological parents details. (My previous two visa applications had my adoptive parents details as well as my biological.)

I have had two rejections in the past. The first occurred in 2012, and the second in 2016. On the application, The question is, "Were your fingerprints taken as part of this application?" With two options Yes or no.
I don't remember. However, I mentioned yes. When you click Yes, then the date option appears, but it is optional.
My only concern is: if I choose the wrong option, will it impact the application? Please advise

The last question is. I work for an agency, but my income comes through an umbrella firm. The application requests that you supply your employer's information and a tax reference number from the salary slip. As mentioned above, my employer is an agency, but my payslip is from an umbrella company, therefore I'm not sure what to mention.  The Tax reference indicates my umbrella company not the agency who gave me the contract. Also I switched from one umbrella to another in July.

Thank you
Bilal

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Please advise - will be extremely thankful

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:33 pm

Bilal5489 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:55 pm
Dear All,

I will be extremely thankful if anyone answer my questions below: (applying for UK Naturalisation, received BRP through spouse route)

I was adopted by a different family. However, there is no official adoption in Pakistan; my biological father's name remains on both my national identification card and passport. It was specified on the application that parents' names, dates of birth, city where they were born, and country details be provided. What details do I need to fill in, either my biological parents or the adoptive parents? As mentioned, all my documents have my biological parents details. (My previous two visa applications had my adoptive parents details as well as my biological.) Biological parents only. Note this information is looked it in case the applicant is already British through their parents, it does happen people don't know they are British!

I have had two rejections in the past. The first occurred in 2012, and the second in 2016. On the application, The question is, "Were your fingerprints taken as part of this application?" With two options Yes or no.
I don't remember. However, I mentioned yes. When you click Yes, then the date option appears, but it is optional.
My only concern is: if I choose the wrong option, will it impact the application? Please advise No - just say yes. Date is optional.

The last question is. I work for an agency, but my income comes through an umbrella firm. The application requests that you supply your employer's information and a tax reference number from the salary slip. As mentioned above, my employer is an agency, but my payslip is from an umbrella company, therefore I'm not sure what to mention.  The Tax reference indicates my umbrella company not the agency who gave me the contract. Also I switched from one umbrella to another in July. Use umbrella PAYE/tax reference- you are self-employed.

Thank you
Bilal
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Bilal5489
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bilal5489 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:36 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.

Does this mean I shall choose the self employed option? Or shall I provide my agency or Umbrella company details?

Regarding Biometric- what if choose yes and if in case it is not correct? As mentioned before, I don’t exactly remember if I had previously provided the biometric.

Lastly- if in any case the HO rejects my application, can I apply again? Or it is the first and last chance?

Thank you
Bilal

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:05 am

Bilal5489 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:36 pm
Thank you for your prompt response.

Does this mean I shall choose the self employed option? Or shall I provide my agency or Umbrella company details?
Are you personally employed by the agency, under PAYE? Or is the umbrella a contractor to agency? Are you employed and paid by umbrella under PAYE?

Regarding Biometric- what if choose yes and if in case it is not correct? As mentioned before, I don’t exactly remember if I had previously provided the biometric.
This isn't an issue - you have been given the option, If you don't know you don't know. Nobody has reported they got refused because of this.

Lastly- if in any case the HO rejects my application, can I apply again? Or it is the first and last chance?
On the face of it you are unlikely to get refused if you satisfy all statutory requirements. Refused applicants can apply again at some stage. Your ILR is not affected.

Thank you
Bilal
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Bilal5489
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bilal5489 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:48 am

Thank you once again.

So, I work for Council through an Agency- Temporary contract. The umbrella company is in the contract with the Agency. When I started work my employer/ Agency told me that my salary would come through umbrella firm. I am confused now shall I mention the Agency details or the Umbrella firm details?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:59 am

I would say umbrella firm is who officially employs you and pays your salary. Do you have a work contract that can clarify this perhaps? You mentioned you applied twice before and were rejected, on what grounds?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Bilal5489
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bilal5489 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:44 am

Thank you for the response.

I am in contract with the agency who initially hired me. However, I get my pay through an umbrella company. My contract shows the agency details ( honestly, don’t know what to do, really confused)

Regarding rejection in the past so, it was in 2012 and 2016 both were visit visa applications. I cam to UK on spouse visa in 2018.

Thank you
Bilal

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:57 am

Bilal5489 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:44 am
Thank you for the response.

I am in contract with the agency who initially hired me. However, I get my pay through an umbrella company. My contract shows the agency details ( honestly, don’t know what to do, really confused) You're officially employed by the umbrella company. Put their details there.

Regarding rejection in the past so, it was in 2012 and 2016 both were visit visa applications. I cam to UK on spouse visa in 2018. Fingerprints where taken. Fingerprints have been taken since 2001 or so. 9/11 changed the world.

Thank you
Bilal
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Bilal5489
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bilal5489 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:58 am

Thank you for clarifying this.

Last questions please:

Q-1: how to prove that I lived/ stayed in UK for last 3 years? Any example please?

Q-2: On application it states that “is there any other reason that your application be considered”

Shall I write about my family and life or just leave it empty?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Bilal

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:02 pm

Bilal5489 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:58 am
Thank you for clarifying this.

Last questions please:

Q-1: how to prove that I lived/ stayed in UK for last 3 years? Any example please? Not sure what your nationality is. If you're a visa national, then your passport gets stamped anytime you enter the UK. So that should suffice. If not you might use other things like p60's covering the time period.

Q-2: On application it states that “is there any other reason that your application be considered”

Shall I write about my family and life or just leave it empty? Yeah you can say all that. Keep it simple though.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Bilal
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Bilal5489
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bilal5489 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:14 pm

Thank you for your quick response.

I am spouse visa- on the application it states if your partner is a British citizen, then you can only prove that you were in the UK for last 3 years. When I moved from Pakistan 5 years ago, the Immigration Department just stamped my passport and then I received my BRP.

So, I presume letters, p60-45 council tax letters should be enough or otherwise please advise.

Kind regards
Bilal

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:21 pm

Your passport is sufficient. Letters, P60 etc is only for applicants who don't have entry stamps.

Bilal5489
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bilal5489 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:20 pm

Dear All,

I will be grateful if someone please advise.
I renewed my spouse visa in 2021; at that time, I mentioned in my application that my brother-in-law and his wife live with us. (The house is on my wife and her brother’s name.) Because the house is on my wife and her brother’s name, we had to add them. They used to live in a different house. After that, unfortunately, my brother-in-law wife got divorced. I applied for ILR, and I just mentioned in the application that my brother-in-law lives with us and not the wife. (Practically, they never moved with us, but they had the intention to move with us.) Anyway, I got my ILR and applied for UK naturalization, which is still in progress. All I am saying is that if there are any issues for me in the future if my brother-in-law’s ex raises the fact that she never lived in that house (her registered address was the house mentioned above), I am a bit worried. Can someone please advise if this class is a misrepresentation? Will this affect my status in the UK?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:10 pm

In terms on the naturalisation application I can't see this has any relevance. If there's a dispute that's a civil matter.
If all the details you have entered in the application are true and correct to the best of your knowledge then what's the problem? How would you explain this to a caseworker?
Maybe you are seeing problems where there aren't any?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:36 pm

Bilal5489 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:20 pm
Dear All,

I will be grateful if someone please advise.
I renewed my spouse visa in 2021; at that time, I mentioned in my application that my brother-in-law and his wife live with us. (The house is on my wife and her brother’s name.) Because the house is on my wife and her brother’s name, we had to add them. They used to live in a different house. After that, unfortunately, my brother-in-law wife got divorced. I applied for ILR, and I just mentioned in the application that my brother-in-law lives with us and not the wife. (Practically, they never moved with us, but they had the intention to move with us.) Anyway, I got my ILR and applied for UK naturalization, which is still in progress. All I am saying is that if there are any issues for me in the future if my brother-in-law’s ex raises the fact that she never lived in that house (her registered address was the house mentioned above), I am a bit worried. Can someone please advise if this class is a misrepresentation? Will this affect my status in the UK?

You don't need to disclose who you live with for naturalisation. You didn't get ILR through misrepresentation by declaring this - it would have been accessory information that didn't affect your statutory requirements. Navigating immigration and nationality processes is stressful and expensive, so I understand why you are worrying, but I don't see this affecting your statutory requirements.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

aylintara
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by aylintara » Thu May 09, 2024 12:14 pm

Bilal5489 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:14 pm
Thank you for your quick response.

I am spouse visa- on the application it states if your partner is a British citizen, then you can only prove that you were in the UK for last 3 years. When I moved from Pakistan 5 years ago, the Immigration Department just stamped my passport and then I received my BRP.

So, I presume letters, p60-45 council tax letters should be enough or otherwise please advise.

Kind regards
Bilal
Hi Bilal, I saw your other topic relating applying before or after 10/10/2023. I have a similar situation to yours. I believe you have granted your ILR, congrats! Can I ask you if you applied before or after 10/10/2024 and also did you use super priority service? Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 09, 2024 1:37 pm

In this subforum only matters related to citizenship are discussed - if you have queries about ILR open a topic in that subforum.