ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Technical issue Right to prove is not matching in online

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sureshsgit
Newly Registered
India

Technical issue Right to prove is not matching in online

Post by Sureshsgit » Tue May 21, 2024 2:43 pm

Hi
I am currently holding a Tier 2 Dependent visa valid until 31st December 2024. I have created a UKVI account but have not yet been invited. After creating the account, I attempted to check my work status in gov.uk to check right to work and encountered the following message:

Conditions
You must work for the employer who sponsored your current grant of permission to enter or stay.
You can only work in the role for which you are being sponsored.
You can also work in a part-time job (up to 20 hours a week) if it is one of the following:
the same role as your main job
on the Shortage Occupation List
Your part-time job must be outside the hours of your main job.

You can also:

do voluntary work – this is unpaid except for reasonable expenses
complete the notice period for a job you were doing when you applied

I contacted the Home Office and they informed me that this is a technical issue because a dependent visa holder does not have such work restrictions, which only apply to sponsored workers. They mentioned that they would raise a ticket with the technical team to resolve this issue.

My question is: When I apply for ILR, will this technical issue impact my application?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Technical issue Right to prove is not matching in online

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 22, 2024 2:46 pm

Sureshsgit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 2:43 pm
Hi
I am currently holding a Tier 2 Dependent visa valid until 31st December 2024. I have created a UKVI account but have not yet been invited. After creating the account, I attempted to check my work status in gov.uk to check right to work and encountered the following message:

Conditions
You must work for the employer who sponsored your current grant of permission to enter or stay.
You can only work in the role for which you are being sponsored.
You can also work in a part-time job (up to 20 hours a week) if it is one of the following:
the same role as your main job
on the Shortage Occupation List
Your part-time job must be outside the hours of your main job.

You can also:

do voluntary work – this is unpaid except for reasonable expenses
complete the notice period for a job you were doing when you applied

I contacted the Home Office and they informed me that this is a technical issue because a dependent visa holder does not have such work restrictions, which only apply to sponsored workers. They mentioned that they would raise a ticket with the technical team to resolve this issue.

My question is: When I apply for ILR, will this technical issue impact my application?
There are teething problems on the new evisa/status proof being rolled out.
Follow up with the ticket being raised, hopefully it gets resolved.
Should not impact when the time comes for ILR.