ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) to FLR (M). What are the next steps ???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oraake

FLR (FP) to FLR (M). What are the next steps ???

Post by oraake » Wed May 22, 2024 7:51 pm

Hello good people,

A brief background story before my enquiry .........................................................

My wife is a a Nigerian national who has been on a FLR (FP) as she was granted limited leave to remain in 2018 for an initial 30 months as a parent of our children. She has since renewed the visa once.

We got married in 2022 whilst she was on her 2nd "30 month visa" as a parent of a British child.

She applied to renew the visa yet again this month and after filling the form FLR (FP) and completed every question related to her marital status, she got the decision back stating

"You have been granted permission to stay in the United Kingdom (UK) on the partner route on the 5-year route to settlement until 1 December 2026"

Now to my enquiry-
1. does this route change her route to settlement?
2. From the decision statement, does this mean she can apply for indefinite leave to remain in 2026?

Please I need some directions/answers.

Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (FP) to FLR (M). What are the next steps ???

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 23, 2024 7:28 am

While you stated FLR fp extension application was made, it appears it was considered and decided upon as a spouse visa application or extension. This is most probably based on the supporting evidence provided.
SET M is for settlement.
No as needs 2.5years × 2 to apply SET M

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun May 26, 2024 9:25 pm

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/parent
If you’re eligible to apply as a partner, you must do that instead of applying as a parent.
And yes, she needs 2x2.5 FLR(M) visas for settlement.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu May 30, 2024 6:19 pm

What leave/visa did your wife have before being granted the leave in 2018?

And was it stated in the decision letter then that she is on the 10-year route?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."