ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5-year address history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dancull
Hungary

Re: 5-year address history

Post by Dancull » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:22 pm

Hi All,

Sorry for keep coming back asking silly questions.

I accidentally submitted an incomplete SAR request application ( I was trying to access UKVI account for some reason it directed me to the previous application I drafted). I have emailed SARU for the withdrawal.

Will withdrawing or Void SAR request application impact the ongoing naturalisation application?

Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:36 pm

Dancull wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:22 pm
Hi All,

I accidentally submitted an incomplete SAR request application ( I was trying to access UKVI account for some reason it directed me to the previous application I drafted). I have emailed SARU for the withdrawal.

Will withdrawing or Void SAR request application impact the ongoing naturalisation application?

Thank you!
No, it has no effect on your ongoing application.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:37 pm

Dancull wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you!
No- they are completely separate processes. Very few things would void a naturalisation application, it is notoriously difficult to cancel or withdraw it.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Post by SupperDog » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:31 pm

Dancull wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you!
Actually, you shouldn't email SARU to cancel it. SAR application is only valid after you have emailed them your proof of ID and signed authorisation letter. If you don't supply those documents your SAR application will be cancelled automatically.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 am

Thank you all for your time and replies!

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri May 10, 2024 9:06 am

So interestingly, I have got the second SAR which I requested to cancel and they confirmed they will cancel it too.

And I realised that Basic SAR contains more application-specific information than the detailed one.

From the look of it, the checks were done on 8th March and the 4th April they requested further information which I replied to on the same day. But according to SAR, it hasn't been picked up yet. The whole case has not moved a single bit since 4th April. The case stage shows the case is in consideration.

I'm reaching 6 months mark in 8 days. :cry:

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri May 10, 2024 10:10 am

"In consideration" doesn't mean it hasn't moved further. In any case, in a couple weeks you will be able to open a complaint and start chasing, you find instructions here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri May 10, 2024 10:18 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 10:10 am
"In consideration" doesn't mean it hasn't moved further. In any case, in a couple weeks you will be able to open a complaint and start chasing, you find instructions here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483
Thanks for the reply and for making that post 6 months' instruction contorted_svy!

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Mon May 13, 2024 9:00 am

Hi All,

I have gone through the latest SAR carefully,

It showed person and PNC check had been completed for two months. it said no objection and no trace for the person check and no trace for the PNC check.

Not sure this is the reason make the processing time takes longer than average, I used my preferred name in the office solely for employment purposes, and the company used my preferred name on my payslips and contract but in the record legal name remains the same as my passport. HO did come back ask me whether I had completed the name change and I replied on the same day a month ago.

On the SAR, I saw they added my preferred name to my alias section.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 13, 2024 10:17 am

Aliases and preferred names are something that can make processing applications a bit extra cumbersome. You will be able to chase next week, hopefully you hear something soon.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Mon May 13, 2024 10:43 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:17 am
Aliases and preferred names are something that can make processing applications a bit extra cumbersome. You will be able to chase next week, hopefully you hear something soon.
Thank you, I provided a cover letter and the HMRC history page with the national insurance number and all the details along with payslips to show the connection. Didn't think preferred name would cause the delay as I only started my employment last year.

Shall I ask HR for legal name confirmation?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 13, 2024 11:16 am

As you provided this information quite recently I would let them process it. If they need more they will contact you.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Mon May 13, 2024 11:44 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:16 am
As you provided this information quite recently I would let them process it. If they need more they will contact you.
Thank you contorted_svy.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri May 24, 2024 9:36 am

Good Morning,

Will it be an issue if I request SAR for the third time as 6 months lapsed a few days ago?

From the last SAR, it seems like my response to further information is simply not being picked up, it showed" Do you wish to continue processing the case whilst awaiting further action from the applicant to be completed" and caseworker has ticked 'No'

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri May 24, 2024 11:09 am

I wouldn't try another SAR as you requested one recently, but I would consider chasing the application according to the guide in this thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483 I would consider attaching the SAR results to your communications too, so you share the information you have (that there are no clear objections and you provided all the info requested).

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri May 24, 2024 11:21 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:09 am
I wouldn't try another SAR as you requested one recently, but I would consider chasing the application according to the guide in this thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483 I would consider attaching the SAR results to your communications too, so you share the information you have (that there are no clear objections and you provided all the info requested).
Thank you, that will be a good idea! I have followed the steps from the link but didn't attach my SAR. should I send a follow email with SAR or just wait until they reply?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri May 24, 2024 12:42 pm

I would send a follow up attaching the SAR results.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri May 24, 2024 3:14 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:42 pm
I would send a follow up attaching the SAR results.
Thank you for the advise, I have sent them a follow-up email with SAR, and hopefully hear from them soon!

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Tue May 28, 2024 2:02 pm

I have received an update from MP.

HO told her “The application is under a 6-month service standard Written to constituent on 22nd April as enquiries still ongoing.”

It seems like waiting is the only option now :( It seems odd to me that HO said my application was still under 6 months of service but has been more than 6 months. I didn't disclose SAR to MP, only to FNE.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 28, 2024 2:57 pm

I would also send it to your MP, can't see why not.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Thu May 30, 2024 8:52 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 2:57 pm
I would also send it to your MP, can't see why not.
Thank you.

This might have been answered many times before, although I just like to confirm and any suggestions are appreciated!

I plan to travel abroad to Albania in early June for 7 days. ( we thought the application should be completed by then when I applied last year) and I will be travelling with my current nationality's passport, I know after the bio appointment we will be free to travel. I'm wondering if I need to inform HO about this travel, given that I'm a non-EEA nation.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 30, 2024 8:56 am

You don't need to inform Home Office about your travels.
You have a valid passport and BRP - naturalisation is not immigration and travel is allowed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Thu May 30, 2024 9:01 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 8:56 am
You don't need to inform Home Office about your travels.
You have a valid passport and BRP - naturalisation is not immigration and travel is allowed.
Thank you so much for the confirmation!