ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year residence proof

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mollybird
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Citizenship Application questions

Post by mollybird » Tue May 07, 2024 7:28 pm

After almost 20 years I am finally submitting my citizenship application and have a few questions I’d like some help on.

1. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Do I start with my Working Holiday Visa, Spousal Visa, ILR.
Do I add any Schengen Visa’s. I take it not as that was not to the UK immigration

2. English Test
I did mine on Friday with Trinity and received provisional results.
They ask for an “Awarding Body” to I put Trinity College London and then the TCL reference or must I wait for a digital certificate. I paid for a postal one as well.

3. Period outside of the UK
I did a 16 day Eurotrip in 2019
Do I include only when I left UK Airport and return or do I put every date and length for every city I visited.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Application questions

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:30 pm

1. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Do I start with my Working Holiday Visa, Spousal Visa, ILR.
Do I add any Schengen Visa’s. I take it not as that was not to the UK immigration
All UK immigration applications.
2. English Test
I did mine on Friday with Trinity and received provisional results.
They ask for an “Awarding Body” to I put Trinity College London and then the TCL reference or must I wait for a digital certificate. I paid for a postal one as well.
If you don't have the detail on the provisional results, you need to wait for the postal one you asked for.
3. Period outside of the UK
I did a 16 day Eurotrip in 2019
Do I include only when I left UK Airport and return or do I put every date and length for every city I visited.
Date you left and date you returned for ALL travel out of the UK in the 5 years immediately preceding the date of application for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mollybird
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Few questions on Citizen Application Form

Post by mollybird » Mon May 13, 2024 3:11 am

I need some help please?
I need to provide dates going back 5 years of leaving the U.K. for holiday etc.

In June 2019 I went on a multi city Euro trip for my birthday.

On the form it just asks
Country visited: Italy
Reason: Holiday
Departure Date: 01/06/2016
Return Date:
Problem is I flew to Rome on 1st June. Spent 3 days there and few more days in other cities in Italy. I then flew to Prague for a few days and then to Berlin. I then flew back to the U.K. on the 16th June.

How do I do this on the form.

Thanks

Then in August I went to visit my best friend in the South of France but flew into Girona (Spain) as it was cheaper. Hired a car and drove to hers. Spent a week there. Drove back to Spain. Spent a night in the city and traveled back to the U.K.

Again, what info to I add.

2. There is a question about marriages which I’ve said yes to and then divorce details.
But question after that says “ Do you have any children whose birth parents are not your partner”
What does this mean.
I have two children from my marriage and I have a boyfriend.

3. It then asks about my job. I have resigned and due to finish officially 31st May but last day is 24th May as rest is annual leave. Start new job 3rd June. Do I leave my current job details on?

4. And then lastly the question, I’ve added a screenshot. I have one CCJ which I wasn’t aware about. Had help to take it to court and a few appeals. I finally only recently had confirmation that it was upheld and came to an agreement which is in writing the payments I’ve agreed to pay and when I am hoping to pay it back by. Do I select yes and explain as above.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_2575.jpeg
Residence requiremt
IMG_2575.jpeg (176.67 KiB) Viewed 488 times

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Few questions on Citizen Application Form

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 13, 2024 7:31 am

mollybird wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:11 am
I need some help please?

On the form it just asks
Return Date:
Problem is I flew to Rome on 1st June. Spent 3 days there and few more days in other cities in Italy. I then flew to Prague for a few days and then to Berlin. I then flew back to the U.K. on the 16th June.

How do I do this on the form. Add the trip to the form and in the comments section mention you will expplain in the cover letter Add these details in the cover letter.

Thanks

Then in August I went to visit my best friend in the South of France but flew into Girona (Spain) as it was cheaper. Hired a car and drove to hers. Spent a week there. Drove back to Spain. Spent a night in the city and traveled back to the U.K.

Again, what info to I add. Same as above

2. There is a question about marriages which I’ve said yes to and then divorce details.
But question after that says “ Do you have any children whose birth parents are not your partner”
What does this mean.
I have two children from my marriage and I have a boyfriend. You need to answer YES as you have children with someone you are not in a relationship with anymore.

3. It then asks about my job. I have resigned and due to finish officially 31st May but last day is 24th May as rest is annual leave. Start new job 3rd June. Do I leave my current job details on? Depends on when you apply. If you apply before the 31st May put your current job, if you apply after th 3rd June put your new job.

4. And then lastly the question, I’ve added a screenshot. I have one CCJ which I wasn’t aware about. Had help to take it to court and a few appeals. I finally only recently had confirmation that it was upheld and came to an agreement which is in writing the payments I’ve agreed to pay and when I am hoping to pay it back by. Do I select yes and explain as above. You need to mention this in the Good character section then elaborate in a cover letter.

Thanks
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

mollybird
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by mollybird » Fri May 17, 2024 12:28 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:31 am
mollybird wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:11 am
I need some help please?

On the form it just asks
Return Date:

How do I do this on the form. Add the trip to the form and in the comments section mention you will expplain in the cover letter Add these details in the cover letter.

Thanks

What does this mean.
I have two children from my marriage and I have a boyfriend. You need to answer YES as you have children with someone you are not in a relationship with anymore.

3. It then asks about my job. I have resigned and due to finish officially 31st May but last day is 24th May as rest is annual leave. Start new job 3rd June. Do I leave my current job details on? Depends on when you apply. If you apply before the 31st May put your current job, if you apply after th 3rd June put your new job.

4. And then lastly the question, I’ve added a screenshot. I have one CCJ which I wasn’t aware about. Had help to take it to court and a few appeals. I finally only recently had confirmation that it was upheld and came to an agreement which is in writing the payments I’ve agreed to pay and when I am hoping to pay it back by. Do I select yes and explain as above. You need to mention this in the Good character section then elaborate in a cover letter.

Thanks

In
contorted_svy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:31 am
[quote=mollybird post_id=2163033 time=<a href="tel:1715566284">1715566284</a> user_id=48669]
I need some help please?

On the form it just asks
Return Date:

Thanks

What does this mean.

Thanks
[/quote]

I think I got it all but genuinely cannot see anywhere where to either type or upload my cover letter,
I am at the part where I need to pay.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri May 17, 2024 1:08 pm

You will upload your supporting documents, including cover letter, after having paid, on the UKVCAS website.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

mollybird
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

5 year residence proof

Post by mollybird » Fri May 24, 2024 11:54 pm

I am on a South African passport.

I need to upload documents and proof that I have been in my house for 5 years. I moved in December 2018.
Do I provide council tax letters for the last 5 years in the document upload option next to it?

The first request is
1. The passport issued by South Africa for Mrs ……..
I scanned my passport all the pages into a pdf doc. Do I just add this?

2. Proof of living for 5 years ?
Again can I do the passport showing all my travels or do I just do my council tax?

3. Current Biometric Residence Permit?
Back and front I take it?

4. Two referee declaration?
I got both. The weird part is they asked for my referees to write on the back of my photo but then I need to paste it in the square. But I then need to upload said document. So how do they see that it’s been written at the back?

5. Proof of English Test?
I got both a digital copy and hard copy and attached the digital copy.

6. Other documents
Cover letter explaining my CCJ and my multi city trip few years ago where I left from one airport to one country and flew back via a different one.
Do I include letters from the CCJ?

Anything else I can add in cover letter. It just seems like I need more stuff but is that really all?

Thanks

mollybird
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 5 year residence proof

Post by mollybird » Sat May 25, 2024 12:09 am

Oh I just remembered. I start my new job on the 3rd June. Do I add this on my cover letter.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: 5 year residence proof

Post by contorted_svy » Sat May 25, 2024 6:16 am

mollybird wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:54 pm
I am on a South African passport.

I need to upload documents and proof that I have been in my house for 5 years. I moved in December 2018.
Do I provide council tax letters for the last 5 years in the document upload option next to it? no, you need proof of residence, not proof of address, your passport is enough

The first request is
1. The passport issued by South Africa for Mrs ……..
I scanned my passport all the pages into a pdf doc. Do I just add this? yes

2. Proof of living for 5 years ?
Again can I do the passport showing all my travels or do I just do my council tax? passport with stamps

3. Current Biometric Residence Permit?
Back and front I take it? yes

4. Two referee declaration?
I got both. The weird part is they asked for my referees to write on the back of my photo but then I need to paste it in the square. But I then need to upload said document. So how do they see that it’s been written at the back? they won't, it's a legacy from pen and paper days, they never changed the form

5. Proof of English Test?
I got both a digital copy and hard copy and attached the digital copy. ok

6. Other documents
Cover letter explaining my CCJ and my multi city trip few years ago where I left from one airport to one country and flew back via a different one.
Do I include letters from the CCJ? no

Anything else I can add in cover letter. It just seems like I need more stuff but is that really all? it is all.

Thanks
mollybird wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 12:09 am
Oh I just remembered. I start my new job on the 3rd June. Do I add this on my cover letter.
No. Not relevant as far as all the information you provided in your application is correct.