ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

At UK airports interrogation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp2010

At UK airports interrogation

Post by hsmp2010 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:18 am

Its about Birmingham airport. If Tier 1 holders come back to UK after short term holidays , how is interrogation at Birmingham airport. do they ask too much or harrasement.

smarty1277

Re: At UK airports interrogation

Post by smarty1277 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:50 pm

My god, do they harass also...
I am going to enter UK first time on TIER1 do they Harass me also...
what kind of interrogation they are doing?
hsmp2010 wrote:Its about Birmingham airport. If Tier 1 holders come back to UK after short term holidays , how is interrogation at Birmingham airport. do they ask too much or harrasement.
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: At UK airports interrogation

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:55 pm

smarty1277 wrote:My god, do they harass also...
I am going to enter UK first time on TIER1 do they Harass me also...
what kind of interrogation they are doing?
hsmp2010 wrote:Its about Birmingham airport. If Tier 1 holders come back to UK after short term holidays , how is interrogation at Birmingham airport. do they ask too much or harrasement.
NO need to panic unnecessary ,

let agency do their job , after all it is protection of usl .

those with good intent will always welcomed

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Agree with Sushil. Nobody have time to harrass you at airport. They are doing their job and you should make sure you reply all their queries with patience and provide all information they seek.

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:35 pm

Oh thats great...
Thanks friends...
Please let me know kind of preperation is required means what do I need to do or keep with me while entering UK for the first time..
Thanks..
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

hsmp2010

hello

Post by hsmp2010 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:55 pm

on HSMP forum there was reports of harrasement at manchester and heathrow thats why I asked. anyways not harrassement but any kind of interrogation anyone have faced please share experience. or no questions at all

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: hello

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:07 pm

hsmp2010 wrote:on HSMP forum there was reports of harrasement at manchester and heathrow thats why I asked. anyways not harrassement but any kind of interrogation anyone have faced please share experience. or no questions at all
'Harassment and interrogation' are a bit harsh words. On arrival you will be 'interviewed' just to make sure you are meeting all the conditions to enter UK .They might carry out checks also to make sure that nobody is carrying anything illegal etc.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:24 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
hsmp2010 wrote:on HSMP forum there was reports of harrasement at manchester and heathrow thats why I asked. anyways not harrassement but any kind of interrogation anyone have faced please share experience. or no questions at all
'Harassment and interrogation' are a bit harsh words. On arrival you will be 'interviewed' just to make sure you are meeting all the conditions to enter UK .They might carry out checks also to make sure that nobody is carrying anything illegal etc.
add on this how applcant got visa what documents they used to get it , this is extrem scenarion if they got doubt

hsmp2010

hello

Post by hsmp2010 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:50 am

I used those words just what I read.

I am still not getting my answer. I just wanted to know what type of questions they ask or they dont ask any.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:02 am

They will ask regular questions like:

1. What visa you are on?
2. Why you are entering UK?
3. How long are you planing to stay in UK?
4. What were you doing back in India?
5. What skills you are bring to UK?
6. Are you having enough funds to maintain yourself in UK?
7. Your experience in years etc.

hsmp2010 wrote:I used those words just what I read.

I am still not getting my answer. I just wanted to know what type of questions they ask or they dont ask any.

hsmp2010

Post by hsmp2010 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:20 am

I am living in UK and just going for 1 week holiday. will they ask same questions

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:27 am

I returned to UK last week. I have got ILR and they ask me same questions. Now in my case, questions like "How long I will stay?" is irrelevant. You just have to keep calm and reply their queries.
hsmp2010 wrote:I am living in UK and just going for 1 week holiday. will they ask same questions

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:35 am

hsmp2010 wrote:I am living in UK and just going for 1 week holiday. will they ask same questions
Whatever questions they ask, just be truthful.

They might ask you about your address in UK, your job details etc. or they might not even ask you anything.

There is no set of questions they follow and it depends on individual cases.

I have been in and out of UK more than 15 times and believe me the staff there are very polite and only try to do their job.

Just chill and you will be alright :D

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:14 pm

aruni4470 wrote:Just chill and you will be alright :D
I think this is now a growing problem - rude staff at the immigration desks - and numerous irrelevant question being asked just to make you falter on something or the other.

Would you 'just chill' if you were this guy:
http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/pr22.html

And, this is NOT an isolated incident. More Here:
http://bit.ly/afdGJ4

This is NOT scaremongering, just an advice to be prepared after a 10-14 hour flight.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:29 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:
I think this is now a growing problem - rude staff at the immigration desks - and numerous irrelevant question being asked just to make you falter on something or the other.

This is NOT scaremongering, just an advice to be prepared after a 10-14 hour flight.
I would chill what ever the situation is. Is there an advantage by getting irate or frustrated?? Most of the officers do their job and that doesn't mean that these kind of facial incidents do not happen.

In these kind of situations patience and keeping cool is your best friend. If you do anything otherwise, the situation will get more complicated. This doesn't mean that one should be submissive and take whatever the officer throws at you. Be calm and at the same time be firm.

Well, this is only my understanding. Others are at liberty to differ.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 pm

What is bothering u so much ?

r u planning some thing so u can prepare in advance from our replies ?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:52 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:

a remark uwanted for hard services by UK BIA staff

do u know in day how many cheaters r try to sneak in country ?

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:03 pm

aruni4470 wrote:Be calm and at the same time be firm.
Well, I agree, that this is the wisest thing to do. But, there is a clear difference between necessary interrogation (you can keep calm even if its extreme) and harassment by the immigration officer by pointing out that 'why are you using NHS services'or 'why was your child born here'.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote: a remark uwanted for hard services by UK BIA staff

do u know in day how many cheaters r try to sneak in country ?
Well, do you know?

Enforcing the law, is NO excuse for harassment.

Would you want your parents to be harassed, detained or deported - if they are coming into the UK on a visitor visa to join you for a few months?

hsmp2010

Post by hsmp2010 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:15 pm

Sushil

Nothing I was just scared to read experiences as discussed in above links otherwise I am ok,nothing planning :)

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:19 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:Be calm and at the same time be firm.
Well, I agree, that this is the wisest thing to do. But, there is a clear difference between necessary interrogation (you can keep calm even if its extreme) and harassment by the immigration officer by pointing out that 'why are you using NHS services'or 'why was your child born here'.
Even the immigration officers are human beings. Some of them might not even be aware who are eligible for NHS services and who are not. So, they may be checking if you are eligible or not. A simple answer 'As I am paying tax and NI, I am eligible for NHS services. If in doubt please check' would suffice. It is sometimes a two way argument, the passengers get irate and try to argue with the officers (cannot blame them either after such long flights). The officers are also under a lot of pressure to make sure they only let in legitimate passengers. So, one cannot blame either of them.

After saying all this, there might be one or two rogue officers who may do it deliberately. But, do you let them spoil your whole day or just be patient and forget about him/her later? Choice is yours. :)

Just for information, a document on who is eligible for free NHS treatment and who is not. For tier 1 and tier 2 visa holders, read 4.27 and 4.37 for dependants. Where it says just having right to work is not enough for free NHS treatment, one should be employed or have an offer to work.
http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/gro ... 113267.pdf

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:53 pm

I am coming to UK to search for job so is it okey to say that I want to enter UK as I want to search for Jobs in UK and this is truth also. Please suggest.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:58 pm

aruni4470 wrote:Even the immigration officers are human beings. Some of them might not even be aware who are eligible for NHS services and who are not. So, they may be checking if you are eligible or not.
Well, this is over the top, remember, they are IMMIGRATION OFFICERS - so have to be aware of different types of visas and restrictions on them.
aruni4470 wrote:Just for information, a document on who is eligible for free NHS treatment and who is not. For tier 1 and tier 2 visa holders, read 4.27 and 4.37 for dependants. Where it says just having right to work is not enough for free NHS treatment, one should be employed or have an offer to work.
http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/gro ... 113267.pdf

Just for information, the document above is related to "overseas visitors" and NOT to "ordinarily resident" people in the UK:
"overseas visitor" means a person not ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom
‘Ordinary residence’ means, broadly, living in the UK on a lawful, voluntary and settled basis. A person who is not ordinarily resident in this country at the time of treatment is not automatically entitled to NHS hospital treatment free of charge. A person who is ordinarily resident is not subjected to NHS charging regime
And, there is a difference between "Free NHS treatment at hospitals" and "Free NHS treatment from a GP". For example, if you’re a refugee or asylum seeker, or are waiting for your asylum request to be considered you are entitled to "Free NHS treatment at hospitals", but a GP can choose NOT to register refugees or asylum seekers so they do not always get "Free NHS treatment from a GP".

http://www.avert.org/freenhs.htm
Last edited by need_a_tier1 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:01 pm

duplicate post .. deleted

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:50 pm

What did you answer when they asked you all that ? at any time of your visits Chetan ?

for isntance i cant say i m entering UK cuz i want to enter .. i have the visa and it allows me to come there and look for a job n settle down since it is a settlement visa... can that help ?

how can i tell in advance how long will i stay ? that depends.. doesnt it ?

Will help us all too... Thanks
chetanojha wrote:They will ask regular questions like:

1. What visa you are on?
2. Why you are entering UK?
3. How long are you planing to stay in UK?
4. What were you doing back in India?
5. What skills you are bring to UK?
6. Are you having enough funds to maintain yourself in UK?
7. Your experience in years etc.