ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:02 pm

giorgosa wrote:Here is my (short) timeline:

Application sent for EEA1/EEA2 : 15/11/2013

Fingers crossed it wont take ages. I am EEA national working full time, we are married since 2005. Basically we need the COA as soon as possible as my wife started interviews for job.

I'll keep you updated.
When did you the EEA national start working / living in the UK? it seems you might already have PR and dont need to bother with EEA 1 again and if you spouse has been in the UK with you since 2005 when you got married, he might already have PR too so no need to bother with EEA 2.

giorgosa
Greece

Post by giorgosa » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:05 pm

lake1 wrote:

Fingers crossed it wont take ages. I am EEA national working full time, we are married since 2005. Basically we need the COA as soon as possible as my wife started interviews for job.

I'll keep you updated.
When did you the EEA national start working / living in the UK? it seems you might already have PR and dont need to bother with EEA 1 again and if you spouse has been in the UK with you since 2005 when you got married, he might already have PR too so no need to bother with EEA 2.
I started working/living here on January 2013 so I dont think that I qualify for PR.

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:06 pm

giorgosa wrote:
lake1 wrote:

I'll keep you updated.
I started working/living here on January 2013 so I dont think that I qualify for PR.
Ok, I thought maybe you have been living in the UK for long.

The EEA 1 and 2 you applied for is correct then.

uknewbie
Newly Registered

Post by uknewbie » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:04 pm

I just got a refusal letter for my EEA2. My husband is a German national and we applied as a self sufficient person. But reason for refusal is: You have not provided a University/college letter stating your EEA family member is enrolled and attending. He is a phd student in the Continent but is done with coursework. He lives here in the UK with me while I work and works on his thesis. Since We didn't apply as a student and he's not a student in the UK, I don't know how this is relevant. I don't think the case worker read our application carefully when we stated that we are applying as SELF-SUFFICIENT. What can I do now? Reconsider or appeal? What's the difference? We don't have my case worker's email address and can't ask anything. How can I contact her?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:21 pm

uknewbie wrote:I just got a refusal letter for my EEA2. My husband is a German national and we applied as a self sufficient person. But reason for refusal is: You have not provided a University/college letter stating your EEA family member is enrolled and attending. He is a phd student in the Continent but is done with coursework. He lives here in the UK with me while I work and works on his thesis. Since We didn't apply as a student and he's not a student in the UK, I don't know how this is relevant. I don't think the case worker read our application carefully when we stated that we are applying as SELF-SUFFICIENT. What can I do now? Reconsider or appeal? What's the difference? We don't have my case worker's email address and can't ask anything. How can I contact her?
It could be the result of caseworker's mistake or wrongly filled application form. Usually for self sufficient the access of funds to EEA national must be demonstrated along with CSI covering whole family. Anyhow you can appeal or/and reconsideration. check this thread
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

uknewbie
Newly Registered

Post by uknewbie » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:14 pm

I did the application correctly. I checked the box for self-sufficient person. Even on the application letter, we wrote, my husband is exercising his treaty rights as a self-sufficient person. Clearly, the case worker didn't look at our case carefully. We also had more than enough funds in the account. Which route is faster appeal or reconsideration? Sorry if this is PM again. I don't see any options for PM or Open forum. Any help?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:41 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
Anyhow you can appeal or/and reconsideration. check this thread
REGARDS

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Good people . My RC is out. Just received it today on A4 paper. My timeline is on the thread

Aliaslan
Newly Registered

Post by Aliaslan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:47 pm

uknewbie wrote:I did the application correctly. I checked the box for self-sufficient person. Even on the application letter, we wrote, my husband is exercising his treaty rights as a self-sufficient person. Clearly, the case worker didn't look at our case carefully. We also had more than enough funds in the account. Which route is faster appeal or reconsideration? Sorry if this is PM again. I don't see any options for PM or Open forum. Any help?
I'd go for a reconsideration. Write directly to your caseworker!

Be sure of the European law (tell them this) we have made this and it worked (we complained to the complains department at the same time as well and they took it seriously!)

If you need any help, feel free to PM me! (My partner is Austrian)

bill-23
Newly Registered

Post by bill-23 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:08 pm

hi
Last edited by bill-23 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:05 am

bill-23 wrote:hi friends, its nearly after 2 and half years later finally got my rc today.
first app june 2011(self employed)(through solicitor)
coa never received
app refused, documents sent to wrong address and lost everything, found out after 11 months later

2# app june 2012(full time working)(through solicitor)
coa sep 2012
app refused(call employer, haven't answer)

3# app may 2013(full time working)(send myself)
coa may 2013
rc 16 nov 2013(':lol:')

this is one of the hell experience. i would recommend never go through solicitor.
Congratulations! After reading your post I became a bit worrying about mine, I submitted by a solicitor, still waiting, 4 months now, never received a COA, but it doesn't really bother me even without, more important is if the application is in the right hand, not lost somewhere. But I do feel the inconvenience that I don't know whether the solicitor has done the job properly, left nowhere to chase.

Dibango
Newly Registered
Senegal

Waiting for COA

Post by Dibango » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:52 pm

This is an EEA2 application via the marriage route
Sent application to HO - 31st October 2013
Received by HO - 01 November 2013 (24 hour tracked delivery)
Received letter of acknowledgement - 11 November 2013 (Dated 04/11/2013)
Waiting for COA (18/11/2013)
Fingers crossed...

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:53 am

Has anybody phoned UKBA recently? I tried to call them this morning, but no way can reach them, all information were answered automatically. What can I do if I want to contact them for the progress of the application(eea2)?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:06 pm

starbucks wrote:Has anybody phoned UKBA recently? I tried to call them this morning, but no way can reach them, all information were answered automatically. What can I do if I want to contact them for the progress of the application(eea2)?
In very rare chances they reveal the progress of application before 6 months but usually advise to wait until 6 months.
REGARDS

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:26 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
starbucks wrote:Has anybody phoned UKBA recently? I tried to call them this morning, but no way can reach them, all information were answered automatically. What can I do if I want to contact them for the progress of the application(eea2)?
In very rare chances they reveal the progress of application before 6 months but usually advise to wait until 6 months.
Thanks for your reply. I've already been waiting for 4 months. Checked their website, seems there is no way to send a request, unless request passport back, or remove your application.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:40 pm

starbucks wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I've already been waiting for 4 months. Checked their website, seems there is no way to send a request, unless request passport back, or remove your application.
If passport is requested back then the EEA2 RC will be issued on A4 size page and if application is withdrawn then again you have to join queue from day # 1. Legally they have to finalize in 6 months time but it could be delayed more than that.
REGARDS

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:50 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
starbucks wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:
If passport is requested back then the EEA2 RC will be issued on A4 size page and if application is withdrawn then again you have to join queue from day # 1. Legally they have to finalize in 6 months time but it could be delayed more than that.
That sounds reasonable, but I think in my case I can't do anything at the moment, because my latest visa was expired. I had been refused by UKBA for student visa. In this case I have left no choice than waiting until 6 months. Am I right? Actually I needed to travel, really don't know what to do.

zahirsona

Urgent reply

Post by zahirsona » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:11 am

hello i need urgent reply from you guys i am visit to ireland i have EEA residence Card in uk can i travel ireland without visa i sent email to Garda national immigration service they where reply me like this
Dear Sir/Madam,

If your residence card has been issued to you under the Directive 2004/38/EC (free movement directive) you may travel to Ireland with out need for a visa as per the Statutory Instrument 146/2011 - Immigration Act 2004 (Visas) Order 2011.
You will need your passport and residence card.

Yours sincerely,
Sent on behalf of
Detective Chief Superintendent,
Garda National Immigration Bureau

lake1
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent reply

Post by lake1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:22 pm

zahirsona wrote:hello i need urgent reply from you guys i am visit to ireland i have EEA residence Card in uk can i travel ireland without visa i sent email to Garda national immigration service they where reply me like this
Dear Sir/Madam,

If your residence card has been issued to you under the Directive 2004/38/EC (free movement directive) you may travel to Ireland with out need for a visa as per the Statutory Instrument 146/2011 - Immigration Act 2004 (Visas) Order 2011.
You will need your passport and residence card.

Yours sincerely,
Sent on behalf of
Detective Chief Superintendent,
Garda National Immigration Bureau
Really you got this reply from the Irish people that you dont need a visa, they stating on their website that a visa is required (see below link).

In reality you dont need a visa whether this is applied by the Irish people is another story.

http://www.embassyofireland.co.uk/home/ ... 75477#FAQ5

giorgosa
Greece

Post by giorgosa » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:37 am

Application timeline so far for EEA1/EEA2:

- 15/11/2013: Applications sent
- 18/11/2013: Applications received from HO
- 20/11/2013: Payments for applications through Debit card

waiting confirmation and COA :)

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:39 am

Hi everyone, great news!! I have read this post for quite some time. Applied through older dependent on EU step mum and my dates are -

Date of Application - 25/06/2013
CoA received - 03/07/2013 [ dated 28/06/2013 ]
RC received by post - 20/11/2013 [ dated 14/11/2013 ]
duration - exactly 4 months 26 days

Never made a single phone call to HO or sent an email to them.
So happy right now!!! :lol:
Best of luck to all those out there. :D
Article 50 triggered: What happens next? What Brexit means for EEA nationals.

giorgosa
Greece

Post by giorgosa » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Application timeline so far for EEA1/EEA2:

- 15/11/2013: Applications sent
- 18/11/2013: Applications received from HO
- 20/11/2013: Payments for applications through Debit card -dated 19/11
- 23/11/2013: received confirmations from HO, dated 19/11

waiting COA

mrniice
Newly Registered

Post by mrniice » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:14 pm

hi there ,
this is my time line so far.......
application sent on 09.09.13
recieved by ho on 10.09.13
coa recieved with r to work on 17.09.13
rc still waiting ........ hope gonna be by xmas as me verry stressed !
:(

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Post by buttercup81 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:58 am

I was surprised by a delivery this morning and found out it was my EEA2 Application documents. I was shaking as I opened the enveloped as I didn't receive any email or communication that my documents will be returned already.

There was a letter inserted attached to my passport and at last after 3 months and 15 days my residence card has finally been approved!!! :) We are so happy and wish all of you who are still waiting the best of luck!

Here's my timeline:

Date of Application: 29 July 2013
Acknowledgement Received: 01 August 2013
COA Received: 12 August 2013
Residence Card Received: 25 November 2013 (but letter and vignette shows it was ready since 14 November 2013)

I think contacting them by email gives them a bit of a shake and helps expedite your application.

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:48 pm

buttercup81 wrote:I was surprised by a delivery this morning and found out it was my EEA2 Application documents. I was shaking as I opened the enveloped as I didn't receive any email or communication that my documents will be returned already.

There was a letter inserted attached to my passport and at last after 3 months and 15 days my residence card has finally been approved!!! :) We are so happy and wish all of you who are still waiting the best of luck!

Here's my timeline:

Date of Application: 29 July 2013
Acknowledgement Received: 01 August 2013
COA Received: 12 August 2013
Residence Card Received: 25 November 2013 (but letter and vignette shows it was ready since 14 November 2013)

I think contacting them by email gives them a bit of a shake and helps expedite your application.
Congratulations! That's really quick! I wish I could have received mine in 3.5 month time, but I've been waiting for 4 mths and 1 wk by now:(