ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vj123
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Dependant

Post by vj123 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:08 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
vj123 wrote:Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right section to be posting this question but am just a newbie.

I am a HSMP visa holder planning to get an extension on Tier 1. Have currently filled the form and am waiting for my bank statements to arrive

I have the following doubts:

On page 30 for the Dependant Tier 1 Form section K4 mentions about 'A-rated sponsor'. I guess this is only for Tier 2 and Tier 5 Dependants if am right - YES.

Can anyone please confirm on this?

Also there is a section for Identity Card for Foreign Nationals. Should I just leave this blank or should I leave in a comment there saying Not Applicable?
- Leave it blank

Also my bank statements havent arrived yet. Have been following up for the past 3 weeks but to no avail. The bank representative says he is doing his best and that's the max he can do from his end.

Is it fine if I can get an attested print from the bank and submit those as bank statements for the month of February?

- Can you tell which bank is this trying very hard to send your bankstatements from 3weeks?? yes electonic bankstatements of REGULAR Account with sign/stamp on each page is OK

Thanks for all your help. Have filled in the form now and will be posting it off tomorrow. My visa runs out on the 16th of April, 2010.

The bank is Natwest, and I went down to the bank on friday to get copies of my statement attested by the bank. I guess its just the branch which is very ineffective. The bank manager himself didnt seem to be too very entertaining. When told that Natwest can order for a special delivery(which is what I was told when I called up their customer care) the bank manager said there was no way he could order a special delivery statement for me even if I was willing to pay for the post? I mean it just conflicts with what Customer Care had to tell me. And when I told him had ordered a statement 3 weeks ago and I call up Customer Care and they tell me no statement has been ordered, he tells me that he would not doubt his member of staff since he mentions he already has raised a statement request for me. Something fishy with the bank?

Many thanks,
VJ

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:55 am

vj123 wrote: The bank is Natwest, and I went down to the bank on friday to get copies of my statement attested by the bank. I guess its just the branch which is very ineffective. The bank manager himself didnt seem to be too very entertaining. When told that Natwest can order for a special delivery(which is what I was told when I called up their customer care) the bank manager said there was no way he could order a special delivery statement for me even if I was willing to pay for the post? I mean it just conflicts with what Customer Care had to tell me. And when I told him had ordered a statement 3 weeks ago and I call up Customer Care and they tell me no statement has been ordered, he tells me that he would not doubt his member of staff since he mentions he already has raised a statement request for me. Something fishy with the bank?

Many thanks,
VJ
Since all banks are centralized.. why dont u go to anyother branch and request them to do it for you.. you can say i opened the branch at X location but recently moved to this Y location blah blah....

vj123
Newly Registered

Post by vj123 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:22 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
vj123 wrote: The bank is Natwest, and I went down to the bank on friday to get copies of my statement attested by the bank. I guess its just the branch which is very ineffective. The bank manager himself didnt seem to be too very entertaining. When told that Natwest can order for a special delivery(which is what I was told when I called up their customer care) the bank manager said there was no way he could order a special delivery statement for me even if I was willing to pay for the post? I mean it just conflicts with what Customer Care had to tell me. And when I told him had ordered a statement 3 weeks ago and I call up Customer Care and they tell me no statement has been ordered, he tells me that he would not doubt his member of staff since he mentions he already has raised a statement request for me. Something fishy with the bank?

Many thanks,
VJ
Since all banks are centralized.. why dont u go to anyother branch and request them to do it for you.. you can say i opened the branch at X location but recently moved to this Y location blah blah....
Thanks tvn_ramesh... since have already got the stamped copy, I shall be using that itself. As long as the UKBA accepts it, should be fine. Am running out of time now since my visa is just valid for another 3 more weeks.

Will be getting my final payslip and hopefully should send it off today/tomorrow.

Just curious about the post, which is the best way to send it off?

Oasis4u

Post by Oasis4u » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:24 pm

I am pleased to tell you that I have received my stamped passport today..
Finally the wait is over

No SD attached..

Wish you all good luck who are waiting for their docs..

I must tell you it is such a big relief..
Thanks everyone

abdik1980

Age Points in Tier 1 Extension

Post by abdik1980 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:23 am

Hello,

I got 10 points for age in Tier 1 Initial Application. If I apply for Tier 1 extension visa earlier than my 32nd birthday, Will I get 20 points for age? Please comment. Thank you.

Regards,

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Oasis4u wrote:I am pleased to tell you that I have received my stamped passport today..
Finally the wait is over

No SD attached..

Wish you all good luck who are waiting for their docs..

I must tell you it is such a big relief..
Thanks everyone
Congratulations mate.. Good stuff.. Enjoy the moment...

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:24 pm

vj123 wrote:
Thanks tvn_ramesh... since have already got the stamped copy, I shall be using that itself. As long as the UKBA accepts it, should be fine. Am running out of time now since my visa is just valid for another 3 more weeks.

Will be getting my final payslip and hopefully should send it off today/tomorrow.

Just curious about the post, which is the best way to send it off?
VJ.. you should not hurry.. as you have lotz of time 3weeks till expiry.. you can send it even on expiry day.. but yes better to send it before so if there is any payment issues you can revert back quickly.. but pls take ur time.. do proper checks and than send it..

Use Royal Mail Special delivery to post your application..

stha

Got it

Post by stha » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:07 am

I have received my passport yesterday.
My time line is as under
Application - HSMP to Tier 1 General.
Application Sent - 24/02/2010
Fee deducted- 26/02/2010
Ack'ment Received - 27/02/2010
Visa Stamped- 19/03/2010, Sheffield
Docs received- 25/03/2010

I would like to thank to those who have helped me in making my application successfull through your valuable feedback.

Best of luck to those who are still waiting for there documents.

Many thanks.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Just received my and the dependant's passport back, thanks to ramesh, sush, aruni, push, sushil and Everyone who took out their valuable time to helped. I will post document listing soon. (form submitted for Dependant was 10/09)

Type: HSMP to Tier 1 General Extension
Initial HSMP Expiring: 26th May 2010
Application sent : 22nd Feb 2010
Application received : 23rd Feb 2010
Fee deducted : 23rd Feb 2010
Acknowledgment letter dated : 23rd Feb 2010
Approved on: 23rd March 2010
Passport Returned: 26th March 2010
New Expiry: 26th May 2013

-
Goodluck.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Congratulations!

I was looking for someone who has applied for extension 3 month advance from expirey date, and got approval.

It would be really great if you could post list of supporting documents your enclosed along with applications froms.

Can I request you post your current expirey date too. So that forum know how early you applied. Please!

Best of luck to those who are awaiting for extension aproval. Cheers!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:22 pm

[iD] wrote:Just received my and the dependant's passport back, thanks to ramesh, sush, aruni, push, sushil and Everyone who took out their valuable time to helped. I will post document listing soon. (form submitted for Dependant was 10/09)

-
Congratulations mate.. thats good news.. Enjoy the moment..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:23 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:Congratulations!

I was looking for someone who has applied for extension 3 month advance from expirey date, and got approval.

It would be really great if you could post list of supporting documents your enclosed along with applications froms.

Can I request you post your current expirey date too. So that forum know how early you applied. Please!

Best of luck to those who are awaiting for extension aproval. Cheers!
As far as we have seen many ppl applied as early as 4months before the current visa expiry.. i myself applied 3.5months before..

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:52 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:
26th May 2013
Goodluck.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:54 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Congratulations mate.. thats good news.. Enjoy the moment..
cheers buddy and thanks for all the help
Goodluck.

Oasis4u

Post by Oasis4u » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Congratulations buddy..
nice start of the weekend.. Enjoy..

Cheers

[iD] wrote:Just received my and the dependant's passport back, thanks to ramesh, sush, aruni, push, sushil and Everyone who took out their valuable time to helped. I will post document listing soon. (form submitted for Dependant was 10/09)

-

T1_Mainframe

Re: Got it

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:37 pm

stha wrote:I have received my passport yesterday.
My time line is as under
Application - HSMP to Tier 1 General.
Application Sent - 24/02/2010
Fee deducted- 26/02/2010
Ack'ment Received - 27/02/2010
Visa Stamped- 19/03/2010, Sheffield
Docs received- 25/03/2010

I would like to thank to those who have helped me in making my application successfull through your valuable feedback.

Best of luck to those who are still waiting for there documents.

Many thanks.
Can I ask what was the expirey date of your older visa?

Others and tvn_ramesh,
We are already having most of the important dates while posting individual's timelines. It would be great you can add expirey date of old apporval. This will help forum users to know how early most of applicants are applying.

Many thanks!

babaagba
Newly Registered

2nd extension before ILR

Post by babaagba » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Hello All,

I like to know what happens if one does not qualify for ILR after 5years simply because he/she has stayed outside the UK for longer than necessary during the period.

If the person need additional one year visa extension to make up for the time spent outside the UK. Will the person just apply straight or will he still have to still meet the minimum 75points of age, education, UK experience & earning the third time?

Regards

[iD]

Re: 2nd extension before ILR

Post by [iD] » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:10 am

babaagba wrote:Hello All,

I like to know what happens if one does not qualify for ILR after 5years simply because he/she has stayed outside the UK for longer than necessary during the period.

If the person need additional one year visa extension to make up for the time spent outside the UK. Will the person just apply straight or will he still have to still meet the minimum 75points of age, education, UK experience & earning the third time?

Regards
Still need to collect 75 points
You might be eligible for some transitional arrangements but if you had to collect 75 points in your initial HSMP/Tier 1 then I'm sure you will have to collect the points again
Goodluck.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Regards
if you are not eligible for ILR then you need to extend. For extension, extension rule will apply. All extensions are treated same way, even if you are short of 2 months.

deepujames123
Newly Registered

Post by deepujames123 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Hello All,

1) HSMP (Expiry date 05 march 2010) extension to tier 1 application sent on 2nd Feb 2010 (for myslef and spouse)
2) Received in Home office Darlington, Durham on 3rd
3) 10th Feb 2010 money debited from Credit Card

4) March 1st week 2010 sent a change of circumstances form for address change

5) Received e-mail from case worker on 10th March 2010 saying that photos I have submitted are old. They identified it only because it was the same photo I have submitted for initial HSMP application
(Don’t forget to include a cover letter and name on the back of each photo in this case)
6) I have sent the new photos of myself and spouse to the case workers Sheffield address within (3 days time.)
7)17th March got Visa for me and dependent for 3 years under tier 1.

All the best And Thanks for your support
DJ

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 am

hello guyz,
I applied for the Tier 1 visa for my 4 months old daughter on 2nd March. Home office has rejected that saying I have attached in correct form. I used PBS dependant form.
They have said application form I have used is only valid till 27 Jan 2010. I applied on 2nd March 2010.
The newer dependant form on HO website says it should be used for applications made on or after 12 March 2010. since I applied on 2nd March, how I was supposed to use this form?

Please help

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:38 am

adnanmirza wrote:hello guyz,
I applied for the Tier 1 visa for my 4 months old daughter on 2nd March. Home office has rejected that saying I have attached in correct form. I used PBS dependant form.
They have said application form I have used is only valid till 27 Jan 2010. I applied on 2nd March 2010.
The newer dependant form on HO website says it should be used for applications made on or after 12 March 2010. since I applied on 2nd March, how I was supposed to use this form?

Please help
This topic is for people who got their extension Approved ALSO It's has been discussed a lot of times. Please search the forum.
ALSO
DUPLICATE POST
Goodluck.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:34 am

Regards
Few points that would help:

1. Applying for ILR is not Mandatory it is a choice.. you can continue with ur FLR or can apply for ILR when you qualify

2. Your ILR clock resets to 0 as soon as you break one of their rules like shd not be out of uk more than 90days in a years etc. etc..

3. And everytime you apply for ur extension till ILR you need qualify the min required points of HO.

Sanjit001
Newly Registered

Post by Sanjit001 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Hello Guys,

I got my passport with Visa stamped.

Here is my timeline -

HSMP Expiring: 25th Apr 2010
Application sent : 08 Mar 2010
Acknowledgment+Fee : 09 Mar 2010
Approved on: 25 Mar 2010
Passport Returned: 30 Mar 2010
New Expiry: 25 April 2013

Cheers
Sanjit

dnsluz
Newly Registered

Visa renewed!!!

Post by dnsluz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Dear All,
After the whole stress/anxious, my visa was finally renewed and I was granted 3 more years under Tier 1 (General) - I had HSMP for 2 years before.
Here it is my process timeline:
  • Type: HSMP to Tier 1 General Extension

HSMP Expiring: 20th Apr 2010

Application sent: 08 Mar 2010

Acknowledgment+Fee: 09 Mar 2010

Approved on: 26 Mar 2010

New Expiry: 20 April 2013

Passport returned: 30 Mar 2010
Good luck for all of you!

DL