ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khuram_noman

Post by khuram_noman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:30 pm

thanks buddy

khuram_noman

Post by khuram_noman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:32 pm

is it possible to apply for an extension via one day service (in person)?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:09 pm

khuram_noman wrote:is it possible to apply for an extension via one day service (in person)?
Going through the UKBA website would help you a lot.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... oservices/

demur123

Post by demur123 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:10 am

Entry clearance is issued from outside UK. Once you are extending your visa inside Uk, you are issued with the residence permit Visa . hope this clear any doubts that you have got.

amirbashir
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension and Rule for ILR

Post by amirbashir » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 am

Hi Guys,

I entered in UK 35 days after I got entry clearance in 2008. When I will apply for extension I will get 3 years from the date of current expiry.

That means after 3 years I will be short of 7 days to qualify for ILR and I have to apply for 2nd extension.

Any expert can advice please how can I avoid 2nd extension:

1. Can I request HO while sending application for extension to give me extension of 3years and 7 days?

OR

2. Should I send my current extension application just 1 week before the current expiry so that processing time should be spent after the current expiry and I will get visa 7-8 days later of current expiry.

Any expert's advice will be much appreciated.

Regards

jchangaus
Newly Registered

Post by jchangaus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:22 pm

I applied for extension (HSMP to Tier 1) in early March, and was contacted near the end of March to send new passport photos, which I did so on the day with next day delivery.

However, I haven't received anything back yet, but am 3.5 weeks away from Visa expiration. Any advice on what I should do, since I have a job and lease that I will need to take care of if I am not granted the extension?

What does it mean if they requested new photos? Do they do the check first or last? What are the possible reasons why it would be taking so long?

Thanks in advance.

harshil223
United Kingdom

Post by harshil223 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi jchangaus, I am also in the same boat.
I applied on 10th March and heard nothing from homeoffice since then.
Atleast you were contacted for new photo which means that your case is being worked upon. Whereas I am in complete dark, I don't even know whether any case worker looking at my application or not. I hope I don't need to wait for full 14 weeks.

Did you not send your latest passport photo while you made application?

[quote="jchangaus"]I applied for extension (HSMP to Tier 1) in early March, and was contacted near the end of March to send new passport photos, which I did so on the day with next day delivery.

However, I haven't received anything back yet, but am 3.5 weeks away from Visa expiration. Any advice on what I should do, since I have a job and lease that I will need to take care of if I am not granted the extension?

What does it mean if they requested new photos? Do they do the check first or last? What are the possible reasons why it would be taking so long?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Aqeel

Need Help please

Post by Aqeel » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:38 pm

I'm applying for extension of my HSMP to Tier1 General my visa expiry date is 26th may. My case is quite straight forward I just need to know do i need a solicitor or consultant to apply my extension or can I apply myself?

And also how you claim 5 points for UK experience?

Thanks

amirbashir
Newly Registered

Re: Need Help please

Post by amirbashir » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi Aqeel,

If you think there is no complication in your case it is better to apply yourself. No need to go to solicitor.

You can claim 5 points for UK experience if your earnings are more than 16000 GBP in UK in last one year.

Hope it help.

Regards,
Amer

Aqeel

Amir

Post by Aqeel » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Amir thanks for your response i dont think my case is complicated but i would like your opinion

my score is as follows
age 20
qualification 30
uk experience 5
earning 25

I've earned 17000 through my employments (evidence salary slips and bank statment)
13000 through self employment, (evidence business bank statement, accountant's summary)

i would really like to have your opinion please
Thanks

amirbashir
Newly Registered

Re: Amir

Post by amirbashir » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:18 pm

Yes, Aqeel I can see there is no complication as such in the case. Use following link download accountant letter format. Modify and use it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/173529833/1 ... plate.html

Also other cover letter and required documents can be downloaded from :

http://www.4shared.com/file/140923978/4 ... etter.html

All of the above said links are available at:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

Hope it will help you.

amirbashir
Newly Registered

Re: Applicant sent today

Post by amirbashir » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 pm

Can anybody confirm that Form P60 and Personal Tax return are proof of earnings from same source?

Personally I was thinking P60 source from employer and Personal Tax return from tax authority.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

demur123

Post by demur123 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:39 pm

It would not be accepted such they both are pretty irrelevant. Let me clarify it out to you:

One source ------------ Second Source
Bank Statement ------- Payslip
Bank Statement ------- company letter stating your salary with
seal and signature
Bank Statement ------- P60 (not recommended by home office just because it starts from 1st april to 30th march. for you example you will be applying from january to the next january which is 12 months, you wont get points for the first three months unless you have provided a letter from your company or payslips, if you dont understand it let me know and i will explain you further)

They have not recommended bank statements as mandatory but the way you have to coroborate your wages coninciding with your pay slip or company letter staying your pay annualy specifying month and year or P60 etc...

amirbashir
Newly Registered

Post by amirbashir » Sun May 02, 2010 11:42 am

Hi demur,

Thanks for your reply. Since we can claim 12 continues months from last 15 months. So I am claiming points for exact period of tax year i.e. 6th April 2009 - 5th April 2010.

I am doing this intentionally so that proof earnings should be solid. So P60 will be one proof of earnings and Personal Tax return will be 2nd.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

demur123

Post by demur123 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Amir, If you are going to use P60, You need to use your bank statement as a second source + company letter stating your annual salary on your company letterhead. company letter can help make your case strong.
you cannot just a p60 as a source and personal tax return as a second source. Just remember that you have to show your bank statements as mandatory in the circumstances you are into.

amirbashir wrote:Hi demur,

Thanks for your reply. Since we can claim 12 continues months from last 15 months. So I am claiming points for exact period of tax year i.e. 6th April 2009 - 5th April 2010.

I am doing this intentionally so that proof earnings should be solid. So P60 will be one proof of earnings and Personal Tax return will be 2nd.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

[cherry]
Newly Registered

Post by [cherry] » Tue May 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Thanks everyone, cant believe how quick it is for my extension!

timelines:

permit expiry date:09/06/2010
application posted via special delivery: 31/03/2010
applcation received: 01/04/2010
public holiday/wkend period: 02-05/04/2010
Cheque payment deducted: 11/04/2010
initial letter from home office: 12/04/2010
extension permit processing date:28/04/2010
passport received: 30/04/2010
permit extended to: 09/06/2013

I guess the only disadvantage is, using cheque delays the payments and processing.

I have a question: I would like to eventually apply for ILR and citizenship (heard the rules are changing again for citizenship). But I would like to change my job and take a few months traveling in south america in between, possiblely on a working holiday visa to Argentina this year. Any idea how long i am allowed to be away from the UK for, so it wouldn't affect my ILR application in 3 years time? Been here for 2 years HSMP + 1 yr working holiday visa already.

thanks =)

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:38 pm

amirbashir wrote:Can anybody confirm that Form P60 and Personal Tax return are proof of earnings from same source?

Personally I was thinking P60 source from employer and Personal Tax return from tax authority.

Any advice will be much appreciated.
P60 and Personal tax return are from two diffrent sources but they can not be used together (since both are considered as tax returns) the only differece is P60 is generated by employer and personal tax return is generated by HMRC. So it is recommended to use your payslips and personal tax return received from HMRC or use all 3.

divisionbell

Extension Approval

Post by divisionbell » Sat May 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks to all forum members for their kind help. Just got my documents back today with extension approval (very fast response!)

Timelines:
permit expiry date:15/05/2010
application posted via special delivery: 19/04/2010
applcation received: 21/04/2010
credit card payment deducted: 21/04/2010
initial letter from home office: 24/04/2010
extension permit processing date:06/05/2010
passport received: 08/05/2010
permit extended to: 15/05/2013

Kind Regards

Aqeel

Need Help please

Post by Aqeel » Sat May 15, 2010 11:58 am

I'm applying for my HSMP extension, I just need to find out can I submit my marriage certificate's photo copy attested by solicitor? I dont have original marriage certificate

Regards

amirbashir
Newly Registered

Post by amirbashir » Sat May 15, 2010 12:36 pm

Aqeel wrote:I'm applying for my HSMP extension, I just need to find out can I submit my marriage certificate's photo copy attested by solicitor? I dont have original marriage certificate

Regards
I do not think you need to submit your marriage certificate if you have provided during initial application of HSMP. As you see for extension we need not to submit our degrees and proof english language because they had already been provided.

But seniors may advice better.

Aqeel

Amir

Post by Aqeel » Sat May 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Thanks Amir, but i spoke with few ppl and they advised me to submit original marriage certificate plus my academic certificate aswell, I'm confused now :(

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon May 17, 2010 1:23 pm

amirbashir wrote:
Aqeel wrote:I'm applying for my HSMP extension, I just need to find out can I submit my marriage certificate's photo copy attested by solicitor? I dont have original marriage certificate

Regards
I do not think you need to submit your marriage certificate if you have provided during initial application of HSMP. As you see for extension we need not to submit our degrees and proof english language because they had already been provided.

But seniors may advice better.

Dont make assumptions.
You MUST provide marriage certificate along with your application.

Aqeel

Rizwan

Post by Aqeel » Mon May 17, 2010 4:30 pm

can i submit photocopy attested by solicitor?

Aqeel

I need urgent help

Post by Aqeel » Tue May 18, 2010 10:53 pm

I need to find out two things regarding Tier1 General new application form.

section X (application declaration). It is mandatory to complete SECTION Y if this section is not completed your application will be invalid and refused.

Whereas this section is just for those who hire representative I'm damn frustrated have no clue what to do.

second thing I almost filled up the form which contains 70 pages. I put X in boxes in order to tick do you think its right way to do?

please please I really need an urgent response/opinion as matter of fact I'm applying my case day after tomorrow

Thanks in advance

amirbashir
Newly Registered

Re: I need urgent help

Post by amirbashir » Wed May 19, 2010 11:33 am

Aqeel wrote:I need to find out two things regarding Tier1 General new application form.

section X (application declaration). It is mandatory to complete SECTION Y if this section is not completed your application will be invalid and refused.

It says "It is mandatory to complete Section X. If it is not complete the application will be invalid and will be returned to the applicant." Section X is declaration so they are right in their statement.

Whereas this section is just for those who hire representative I'm damn frustrated have no clue what to do.

They are not talking about section Y. So you can leave it.

second thing I almost filled up the form which contains 70 pages. I put X in boxes in order to tick do you think its right way to do?

Yes, it is correct.

please please I really need an urgent response/opinion as matter of fact I'm applying my case day after tomorrow

Thanks in advance