ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PK001

Post by PK001 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:19 am

tier1visamk wrote:yes it is Tier1 General Extension and I applied 1.5 yrs before expiry...

I am not sure what is the earliest you can apply, but i know there is no any rule about this.
Hi Tier1visamk,

Did you mention any specific reason for this early extension?

Infect my visa expiry is in July 2011 and I am blessed with baby boy last week. I am thinking to apply for his visa in Aug/Sep but If early extension is not an issue then I shud consider to send all passports for extension rather making baby's application. Any thought/ suggetions?

Cheers,

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:37 am

PK001 wrote:
tier1visamk wrote:yes it is Tier1 General Extension and I applied 1.5 yrs before expiry...

I am not sure what is the earliest you can apply, but i know there is no any rule about this.
Hi Tier1visamk,

Infect my visa expiry is in July 2011 and I am blessed with baby boy last week. I am thinking to apply for his visa in Aug/Sep but If early extension is not an issue then I shud consider to send all passports for extension rather making baby's application. Any thought/ suggetions?

Cheers,
That's way too early mate, you might get the extension but it'd start from now. Any application more than 3 months early is taking major risk of getting the visa stamped from the date they take the decision
Goodluck.

Cammrc

Post by Cammrc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:14 pm

I am in similar situation, my Tier 1 visa expire in Aug 2011, I wonder what is the earliest day to apply, I need my passport to travel in the next two months, is it ok that I apply for extention in Sepember?
[iD] wrote:
PK001 wrote:

Hi Tier1visamk,

Cheers,
That's way too early mate, you might get the extension but it'd start from now. Any application more than 3 months early is taking major risk of getting the visa stamped from the date they take the decision

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:21 am

Cammrc wrote:I am in similar situation, my Tier 1 visa expire in Aug 2011, I wonder what is the earliest day to apply, I need my passport to travel in the next two months, is it ok that I apply for extention in Sepember?

Ideally you should apply within 28 days before the expiry of your visa but as discussed earlier many people including me have applied for extension 3-4 months in advance. Applying in september 2010 because you need to travel in may 2011 doesn't make any sense to me.
In any case you can apply for extension tomorrow but only and main risk is that your new visa might start from the day they take the decision and not from after the expiry of your current visa.
Goodluck.

Cammrc

Post by Cammrc » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:23 pm

[iD] wrote:
Cammrc wrote:I am in similar situation, my Tier 1 visa expire in Aug 2011, I wonder what is the earliest day to apply, I need my passport to travel in the next two months, is it ok that I apply for extention in Sepember?

Ideally you should apply within 28 days before the expiry of your visa but as discussed earlier many people including me have applied for extension 3-4 months in advance. Applying in september 2010 because you need to travel in may 2011 doesn't make any sense to me.
In any case you can apply for extension tomorrow but only and main risk is that your new visa might start from the day they take the decision and not from after the expiry of your current visa.
Thanks for responding, I meant I need to use passport in the next 2 month (July&Aug 2010), so the earliest I can apply is this September, I have work permit since Feb 2007, then switch to Tier 1 in Aug 2008, which will expire Aug 2011, so I am thinking if I can renew this September for 2 years, I will have more than 5 years to apply for residency under current rule, does that make sense or I can wait Feb 2011 to extend, then it will be over 6 years after 2 years extending.

shento
Newly Registered

self employment earnings query

Post by shento » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:36 am

hi,
just wanted advice on the ff:

if you want to claim pts for earnings through self employment and u recieve only cash payments, which other document combinations can be used to prove earnings if you dont have a bank statement.

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:21 pm

@tier1visamk

Please confirm you sent application through post? Did you provide any reason for early extension? Can you please post your cover letter? Thank u.

viki83

Re: Tier1 Extensio

Post by viki83 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:37 am

@tier1visamk

Can you please confirm what reason (if any) did you gave for earlier extension?
tier1visamk wrote:I got my documents back on 16/06/2010 with extension approval.

Timelines:
permit expiry date:06/01/2012

Application posted via special delivery: 15/05/2010
Confirmation letter from home office: 20/05/2010
Extension permit processing date:14/06/2010
Passport received: 16/06/2010
Permit extended to: 06/01/2014

Main Applicatant + 1 Dependent.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:41 am

To post extension application processing timelines, please use this topic.

regards