ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SL6
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by SL6 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:05 pm

2 fbr applications received date 3rd March 2020 .. payment request for both today

Damien1000
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Damien1000 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:17 pm

Application Date: 07/02/2020
Docs Received: 19/03/2020

Just adding my details for the list. Not heard anything since my docs received email. Looks like the wait is only getting longer with each passing month. Hopefully soon!!

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:59 pm

JohnLA wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:30 am
Hi, Just to introduce myself' I'm John a Stonemason from Gloucestershire although originally a Yorkshireman. Have only just submitted my documents, Friday week.
I have a Latvian wife so Irish and European Citizenship will help as we have property and land in Latvia. My Gran was Irish born and luckily my Mum had all the relivant documents so it was quite an easy task for me fortunately.
Never realised the waiting time though, but I can wait.
Really thinking about relocating to Ireland as I work exclusively on ancient and historic buildings and I know the Building Limes Forum is based in Ireland.
Anyway, Hello!
Welcome!

FieldsOfAthenry
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by FieldsOfAthenry » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:27 pm

Now that we're approaching early March 2020 dates for documents received, I am curious how the FBR office will handle the order in which applications are processed. Early March was when worldwide COVID shutdowns started and things were a bit chaotic. Hopefully the FBR offices were organized and documented the order in which the applications were received in the mail.

My documents were delivered on March 4th 2020 according to USPS tracking. However, I did not receive a confirmation email. When the the support chat opened back in up in November 2020, I contacted them and they stated my documents had been received back in March and that I should have received a confirmation email back then. They re-sent the confirmation email after the chat session, so at least I know they have the documents. Hopefully they treat my document received date as early March and not November, otherwise I may still have quite a bit of waiting to go...

Bubble354
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bubble354 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:28 am

I have been a long time lurker on here but I thought I should make an account for 2 reasons - 1) to explain my own application timeline and 2) to ask for advice for my cousin's application.

So for my application:
Application Submitted: 30/01/2020
Application Received: 04/03/2020

I never got a documents received email

Confirmation of Address: 01/09/2022

For my cousin:
One of my cousins is due to be trying for IVF in November/December with her female partner. She has not yet applied for foreign births registration. I know that applications can be expedited if there is a pregnancy involved, but I am not sure how it will work for her as she is not the one who will be pregnant, and they are not married (although they do live together and the child will be biologically hers). Does anyone have any insight into this or know how they can contact the Foreign Births register people to ask for advice?

cyforcypher
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by cyforcypher » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:50 pm

Hi there, just looking for some reassurance re: delivery of documents to Balbriggan PO Box. The documents were apparently delivered there yesterday, according to both Canada Post and An Post tracking. However, no delivery confirmation is available from Canada Post, even though I purchased it. And no acceptance email yet from FBR.

Has anyone had the FBR's "documents accepted" email come a few days (or longer) after delivery to Balbriggan? Or what can I expect? Did you get anything from your country's postal service that served as a proof of delivery?

Mandino55
Canada

Post by Mandino55 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:24 pm

I don;t think this is anything to be concerned with. I can't say with 100% certainty that I received an email days after my actual documents were physically received by the office. However, common sense tells me it would take a few days if not a week for it to be gathered, registered, and then recorded. After a few weeks of radio silence perhaps send them a note or call.

M

Mandino55
Canada

Post by Mandino55 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:28 pm

Bubble354 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:28 am
I have been a long time lurker on here but I thought I should make an account for 2 reasons - 1) to explain my own application timeline and 2) to ask for advice for my cousin's application.

So for my application:
Application Submitted: 30/01/2020
Application Received: 04/03/2020

I never got a documents received email

Confirmation of Address: 01/09/2022

For my cousin:
One of my cousins is due to be trying for IVF in November/December with her female partner. She has not yet applied for foreign births registration. I know that applications can be expedited if there is a pregnancy involved, but I am not sure how it will work for her as she is not the one who will be pregnant, and they are not married (although they do live together and the child will be biologically hers). Does anyone have any insight into this or know how they can contact the Foreign Births register people to ask for advice?
YESSS we are into March applicants!

As for the expedited application due to pregnancy. There are others on this forum who seem to have a really good handle on this process so I won't chime in too much other than to say that with all the proper documentation explaining the relationship and the connection to the pregnancy it sounds like a relatively straightforward process. Good luck!

Matt_UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Matt_UK » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:31 pm

cyforcypher wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:50 pm
Hi there, just looking for some reassurance re: delivery of documents to Balbriggan PO Box. The documents were apparently delivered there yesterday, according to both Canada Post and An Post tracking. However, no delivery confirmation is available from Canada Post, even though I purchased it. And no acceptance email yet from FBR.

Has anyone had the FBR's "documents accepted" email come a few days (or longer) after delivery to Balbriggan? Or what can I expect? Did you get anything from your country's postal service that served as a proof of delivery?
It took an extra three days after my Royal Mail tracking confirmed the documents had been received before I had the FBR email in April this year, so I wouldn’t worry.

skanheap
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

FBR Proof of Address

Post by skanheap » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:45 pm

Hey guys,
first time writing here. I applied back in feb of 2020 and just about a month ago received the email asking about the address. After replying i stopped hearing back from the FBR team. In the mean time since then my brother has gotten his certificate. However its now been a month since they've written me with no word back and refusing to answer any emails. Has this happened to anyone else?? Im currently living in germany so having this process complete would really make my life a million times easier.
Thanks for taking the time to reply!!

JFD22
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JFD22 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:06 pm

Thank you so much for this forum.

Docs received email March 5, 2020
Address confirm email September 6, 2022

I'll update the spreadsheet. Thank you everybody.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: FBR Proof of Address

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:01 am

skanheap wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:45 pm
Hey guys,
first time writing here. I applied back in feb of 2020 and just about a month ago received the email asking about the address. After replying i stopped hearing back from the FBR team. In the mean time since then my brother has gotten his certificate. However its now been a month since they've written me with no word back and refusing to answer any emails. Has this happened to anyone else?? Im currently living in germany so having this process complete would really make my life a million times easier.
It's definitely not standard for it to take that long. Mine took a few days (and that was including verification of my new address), however it's not unprecedented. As I'm sure you know, not much gets done in Europe during August, you may just have had the bad luck of the person assigned to your application leaving on an extended vacation. I'd give it this week then reach out to them for a status (maybe try the phone number).

Good luck!

skanheap
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by skanheap » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:31 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:01 am
skanheap wrote:
Hey guys,
It's definitely not standard for it to take that long. Mine took a few days (and that was including verification of my new address), however it's not unprecedented. As I'm sure you know, not much gets done in Europe during August, you may just have had the bad luck of the person assigned to your application leaving on an extended vacation. I'd give it this week then reach out to them for a status (maybe try the phone number).

Good luck!
Thanks for the response!
You’re definitely right about that the first week I got an automated email saying exactly that but then since then I’ve not gotten one (unfortunately the date on the email said she would be out of office until April 25 2022 so I don’t know how that would work 😂). Which phone number do you mean? I tried the one on the website, +353 1568 33 31, and they just told me they couldn’t answer questions regarding specific applications (which in my opinion makes the hotline completely useless).

skanheap
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by skanheap » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:32 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:01 am
skanheap wrote:
Hey guys,

Good luck!

bramarcan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bramarcan » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:26 am

JFD22 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:06 pm

Hurray! I cannot tell you how excited I am that they're finally moving into March 2020. Only another 18-20 months to wait for mine to come through, haha.

TInFE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TInFE » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:33 pm

JFD22 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:06 pm

congratulations - what a wait and thanks for the update. I'm 13 days behind you in the docs received, and looking forward to making my final post to this topic :lol:

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:36 pm

Hi All - I got following email for my daughter's application. Just wanted to check for entry in googlesheet it is email for documents received?

"Your application for Irish citizenship through entry on the Foreign Births Register has now been received.

Information in relation to current processing timelines can be found on our webpage www.dfa.ie/citizenship/born-abroad/regi ... ign-birth/

Please do not reply to this email as it is auto-generated."

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:46 pm

Congratulations to those who have recently got the confirmation mail / cert. Can one of you share their application number even on PM to enable me to see how many applications are there in between to process?

Thanks !

Matt_UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Matt_UK » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:34 pm

ferocious12 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:46 pm
Congratulations to those who have recently got the confirmation mail / cert. Can one of you share their application number even on PM to enable me to see how many applications are there in between to process?

Thanks !
Only knowing the date the documents were received will help you, really, as they aren’t received in Ireland in application number order. People get their application registered and paid for without getting all the documents sorted out (myself included).

Hopeful_galway
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Hopeful_galway » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:18 am

I was just starting to get excited; September application…

I am realizing folks seem to be getting a specific “documents received” email… I applied late august 2020; mailed my documentation on the first of September. I tracked it into Ireland and got an “application received” email on September 15th.

Should I have expected an email after that saying documents received? Have I been waiting for years with no hope…?

I have passively poked in every now and then but not studied too hard the replies so sorry if this is a known issue, i tried searching

stateoscar660
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by stateoscar660 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:07 pm

Hi all

Just thought I'd update you all on the application I made last month:

Submitted Online Application: 17 August 2022
Documents Received Email: 8 September 2022

Let the wait begin...

Mandino55
Canada

Post by Mandino55 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:14 pm

Hopeful_galway wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:18 am
I was just starting to get excited; September application…

I am realizing folks seem to be getting a specific “documents received” email… I applied late august 2020; mailed my documentation on the first of September. I tracked it into Ireland and got an “application received” email on September 15th.

Should I have expected an email after that saying documents received? Have I been waiting for years with no hope…?

I have passively poked in every now and then but not studied too hard the replies so sorry if this is a known issue, i tried searching
I'm also curious about this

TheImagineer
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by TheImagineer » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:43 am

TheImagineer wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:41 am
I sent my application away in April of this year, and it was received by dfa only a few days before my child's birth, stating on the application that i was an expectant parent.

I cannot remember finding any details when applying at the time that i had to be registered on the FBR for my child to automatically be eligible - only mention of stating that you were an expectant parent with your application.

Have a completely fckd this up? Can anyone tell me if there's any way to appeal?
Further to my post in Nov 2020, wondering if any other expectant parents after this were dealt with sharply after applying? In particular, anyone applying after March 2020 have any luck in having their child registered? I see posts in 2021 stating the application was fast tracked in 10 days yet mines was checked and email received and no fast tracking offered (albeit I understand the madness at the time).

Praying something can be done retroactively given they were aware of pregnancy.

Rosmuc
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Rosmuc » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:34 am

Getting that Irish passport. While the process is no where near as long as FBR, the passport processing time appears to be growing. There is tracking which is welcomed however the vertical status bar is deceiving as in my case the column filled and then “retracted” quite a bit. My estimated time was 02 September 2022. They cover themselves with the caveat that the date is an average and not a business guarantee.

Im hoping by the end of the month. Good luck to all.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:46 am

Rosmuc wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:34 am
Getting that Irish passport. While the process is no where near as long as FBR, the passport processing time appears to be growing. There is tracking which is welcomed however the vertical status bar is deceiving as in my case the column filled and then “retracted” quite a bit. My estimated time was 02 September 2022. They cover themselves with the caveat that the date is an average and not a business guarantee.

Im hoping by the end of the month. Good luck to all.
Curious when your documents were received? I'm waiting on my passport currently, but it takes forever for registered mail to get to Dublin.